DVDVR Message Board

2018 WRESTLING MERCHANDISE TOPIC

On 6/24/2018 at 6:52 AM, JonnyLaw said:

The same people who gave a Doink clone a title?

Alabama Doink had a clown tag partner,they were The HeatSeekers,who was named Chuckles. But he also teamed with Alabama Patriot,who on posters they claimed was the WWF Patriot. Bama Patriot is Bama Doink's son.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Alabama Doink had a clown tag partner,they were The HeatSeekers,who was named Chuckles. But he also teamed with Alabama Patriot,who on posters they claimed was the WWF Patriot. Bama Patriot is Bama Doink's son.

God bless indy wrestling.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'd be afraid somebody would think I'm a white power bonehead if I sported that Rollins shirt. His logo already looks too much like a sun cross and bringing the Stomp into it...

I feel like HHH designed that shirt.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Top-5 DVDVR post of all-time. ?

• Like 7

On 6/24/2018 at 9:07 AM, RIPPA said:

There are more of those - what they call Americana - shirts. I just picked three random ones.

Of what I remember there are also ones for Alexa Bliss, Daniel Bryan, Braun and Roman Reigns

Maybe I'm stupid, but wouldn't these be worlds better if they just turned the logos sideways like if they were actually on the flag?  And the logo was on the right side rather than the left...  And the background of the logos matched the flags better...

Maybe they just suck.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

I'm not sure which is truly sadder, that there were such things as Alabama Doink and Alabama Patriot who were related or that your knowledge base contains this data. ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, OSJ said:

I'm not sure which is truly sadder, that there were such things as Alabama Doink and Alabama Patriot who were related or that your knowledge base contains this data. ? 

The stuff you learn doing video and commentary work for deep south indies.

Like that Black Ranger II gets mad when you make Power Ranger jokes on commentary during his matches.

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Isn’t everybody there basically Alabama Stone Cold?

Nah. Most of the AL indie guys are at least 40 and fat as hell. 

Oddly enough one of the biggest faces in AL is the Rainbow Warrior. A guy dressed like a Gay Pride version of Warrior,with a tiara painted on his forehead. First saw him at the Gulf South Wrestling Bullet Bob Armstrong retirement show,which Bullet didn't show up for. And Rainbow was the most over person on the show.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

Nah. Most of the AL indie guys are at least 40 and fat as hell. 

Oddly enough one of the biggest faces in AL is the Rainbow Warrior. A guy dressed like a Gay Pride version of Warrior,with a tiara painted on his forehead. First saw him at the Gulf South Wrestling Bullet Bob Armstrong retirement show,which Bullet didn't show up for. And Rainbow was the most over person on the show.

That is quite unexpected.

You just have to love a guy no-showing his retirement show. Maybe it was the Armstrong curse that caused Bob to no-show.

I think he looks more like he's kind of Warrior in name only.  He kind of dresses like Bayley IMO but with rainbows and shit painted on his cheeks and forehead.  Kind of chunky guy with a goatee.

So basically he's what half the board looks like in their I'm a Hugger shirts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I think he looks more like he's kind of Warrior in name only.  He kind of dresses like Bayley IMO but with rainbows and shit painted on his cheeks and forehead.

Oh god...dare I ask what “cheeks”?

2 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I think he looks more like he's kind of Warrior in name only.  He kind of dresses like Bayley IMO but with rainbows and shit painted on his cheeks and forehead.  Kind of chunky guy with a goatee.

sounds like the Christopher Steeet Connection

2 hours ago, Peck said:

Hey man, I’m working hard to lose this chunkiness.

It's hard when Planet Fitness has bagel and pizza days. 

Here's another member of the Warrior family. It turns out the Warrior family are like the Dudley's. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3