DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dolfan posts something called Unsane and now all I can think of is people wiping out on skateboards

EDIT: In case you don't get the reference. Watch at your own peril

I have loved that song ever since it was incidental music for an episode of MTV's BuzzKill.

• Like 1

That's Scott Mosier's first studio production gig since his amicable departure from Kevin Smith's movies, so good for him I guess. 

Edit: I forgot about Free Birds, but this is a movie that people will actually go watch. 

On 3/8/2018 at 11:37 AM, (BP) said:

Sopranos prequel film actually happening. I don't see why this is the story Chase decided to tell. This is like Lucas levels of unasked for backstory. I'm sure I'll check it out anyway. 

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/the-sopranos-prequel-film-many-saints-of-newark-david-chase-1201937207/

Lordy. I know the relationship between those communities was occasionally touched on in the series. But this will have almost no connection to the show.

I'll be there opening weekend. 

On 3/8/2018 at 1:37 PM, (BP) said:

Sopranos prequel film actually happening. I don't see why this is the story Chase decided to tell. This is like Lucas levels of unasked for backstory. I'm sure I'll check it out anyway. 

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/03/the-sopranos-prequel-film-many-saints-of-newark-david-chase-1201937207/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, (BP) said:

As long as there's gabagool. There's gotta be gabagool. 

25 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Well we should get more of the single most intentionally hatable character ever. Which I swear I mean that as a good thing.

I don't think Carmella is in this.

But really, I wish this was set a little later because Marcia Gay Harden would be perfect for middle aged Liv. 

12 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I don't think Carmella is in this.

But really, I wish this was set a little later because Marcia Gay Harden would be perfect for middle aged Liv. 

I said intentionally dammit

7 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

W

Are you implying Chase didn't intend for the audience to hate Carmella?

That's just crazy talk.

We weren't supposed to hate Carmella?

Well kiss my grits, Ready Player One may not be such a shit show after all...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ready-player-one-first-reactions-premiere-1093730

I really want this to be good. If this turns to be good, then this is up there with Live Die Repeat for terrible marketing, but great movie.

Woah, that's surprising too. I saw the most recent trailer in front of Game Night and man did Blockers look really bad. Cena also looks hilariously out of place next to normal people. He's the size of a monster and he's playing a normal dude.

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I really want this to be good. If this turns to be good, then this is up there with Live Die Repeat for terrible marketing, but great movie.

I am still upset about the studio not going with All You Need is Kill for the title.

A Wrinkle in Time is getting the mixed reviews I thought it would, but most of the reviewers seem to be upset that Ava's movie isn't closer in spirit to the children's books. ... you know... the one that most studious wouldn't touch with a ten foot cattle prod because they said had an unfilmable plot.

Tomb Raider is siting at 50% Rotten.  Fuck you.  I'm going to see it anyway.

We do reading time with my daughter every night we have her and we just finished up with A Wrinkle in Time about a couple weeks ago. This was my first time in forever reading it and I certainly came away not liking it much this time around. I forgot that the book's climax happens in probably the last 4 or 5 pages. I could swear there was more to it than that. I also didn't think it was very unfilmable, but much of the stuff with the big bad reminded me a lot of the scene from the Matrix Reloaded where Neo meets the Architect.

Ergo

Vis a vis

Concordantly

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

Tomb Raider is siting at 50% Rotten.  Fuck you.  I'm going to see it anyway.

Six reviews w/ 4 from India, one from China, and one from Singapore. Not really the best sample size. Always hilarious though that the U.S. folks have to wait until the embargo ends (I believe this one is lifted on Thursday) but the people in the Asian countries can just review away.