DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2018 UPCOMING MOVIE THREAD

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I'm curious about how much of the actual murders are in the movie. Manson may not even be a character. It certainly looks like it's more Tarantino making some kind of point about the transition from Old Hollywood to Easy Riders, Raging Bulls Hollywood. 

Yeah, I am just surprised with QT's penchant for violence and love of exploitation vibes that he has Sharon Tate as a character in his movie and does not appear to include Helter Skelter as a plot point.

10 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

The current release date for the movie is the 50th anniversary of the murders. 

That can't be coincidental.  There will probably be a metric shit ton of Manson related movies, docs, and shit coming out around that time.

I wonder if this will be something like Summer of Sam where the promotion makes you think it actually involves the Son of Sam, but it's really just what goes on in that neighborhood at the time of the Son of Sam murders.

I'm wondering if he's going to pull a Basterds and retcon fact, having Pitt and Dicaprio's characters prevent the murders altogether in some sort of shootout with the family. Polanski as a character is meant to be in it too.

Release dates announced

THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN: May 31, 2019 (Mark Wahlberg is Steve Austin)

THE CROW: Oct 11, 2019 (Remake with Jason Momoa in the lead)

• I cannot believe they didn't find a role for Michael Rooker in that Mary Poppins Returns joint.  That is bullshit.
  • I am sorta hoping that since they are still only spending six million dollars on Steve Austin's cyborg parts, that this movie will be a period piece set in the late 70's.  Six mil wouldn't even buy Steve's bionic eye in today's economic climate.
  • Jason Momoa is to big of a dude to portray Eric Draven.  He'd be perfect for the comic book's version of T-Bird, though.
  • Haha 2

Because Infinity War was moved up a week - Rampage was moved up a week (It is now April 13 instead of April 20)

I think SKOS is gonna have to start the Blockbuster poll in April next year

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Because Infinity War was moved up a week - Rampage was moved up a week (It is now April 13 instead of April 20)

I think SKOS is gonna have to start the Blockbuster poll in April next year

Given the pending schedule in early spring 2019 (Captain Marvel, Godzilla, Dumbo, Shazam!), you could make a case that the pool should start in March.

That would mean that the ballots would need to be in by the end of February.  Holy shit..

16 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

I'm drafting a sternly worded letter to send to some movie industry execs.  It's not summer when there's still snow on the ground!  May was already pushing the boundaries!

Indeed.  I remember when the dump months were chock full of really dumb horror movies I wanted to watch anyway, but now some of the most profitable movies of the year are being released as early as February.

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

THE CROW: Oct 11, 2019 (Remake with Jason Momoa in the lead)

Speaking of Steve Austin

giphy.gif

I bet Dave Schow is trying to avoid violently beating someone after reading that.

EDIT: Oh! I forgot. That's gonna make Jason Momoa two for two in shitty remakes. And think about that: they're actually getting the guy that played Conan to play the Crow. 

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Thread started by my pal Parker

My answers: Kane, Casablanca,  buckaroo Banzai 

*Looks into the abyss*

Everything we hold dear will be destroyed by the ravages of time and the meaninglessness of our existence to the greater picture. The Jaws-making man and his frivolous posters can do nothing to me in such a world...

Wait, they did Bullitt? Fuuuuuck that!

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

YOU WERE NEVER REALLY HERE

Starring Joaquin Phoenix

This won a ton of stuff at last year's Cannes. 

I heard someone discuss this on the BBC. Called it Phoenix's career defining performance.

UNSANE

Starring Claire Foy

Directed by Steven Soderbergh

This is the movie Soderbergh shot entirely on iPhones and whose end credits supposedly are only 20 seconds long.