DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is A Vulgar Display of Power - 6/26/2017

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not sure which one I love the most.

1) Roman tastes a delicious ambulance:

2) Enzo the Idiot

3) Good night Bork

You know what... Adding Sasha/Alexa...  Let's not kid ourselves, GBoF is looking great so far.

• Like 9

During the whole Cass/Enzo thing I kept expecting to see Marc Maron just off camera reading stage direction:

"Yeah...she never knows when to shut her mouth. Yes! You've been bending over backwards and it's just blah blah blah!!!! Now you, the mangy little muppet...cry. You can save this if you cry you know he'll cave in just like he always does...yeeeeeah! You've been through this before. There you go. Just like always. Hug it out and now BAM!! FUCK HER!!! YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!! FUCKIN' BITCH!!!"

"I'm a boy, bro."

"That's not what those eyes are saying. Bionic Bigfoot, kick her in the face again."

• Like 5

1 minute ago, piranesi said:

During the whole Cass/Enzo thing I kept expecting to see Marc Maron just off camera reading stage direction:

"Yeah...she never knows when to shut her mouth. Yes! You've been bending over backwards and it's just blah blah blah!!!! Now you, the mangy little muppet...cry. You can save this if you cry you know he'll cave in just like he always does...yeeeeeah! You've been through this before. There you go. Just like always. Hug it out and now BAM!! FUCK HER!!! YYYYEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!!! FUCKIN' BITCH!!!"

"I'm a boy, bro."

"That's not what those eyes are saying. Bionic Bigfoot, kick her in the face again."

Enzo does wrestle like a guy who taught himself to bump. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Also,  that women's match just now.  Sasha sold the fuck out of Nia's offense and played that comeback perfectly.  Nia also looked like a beast the whole match and started to get over.  Now they just need to fix Bayley.

In hindsight, Emma should have took the gimmick. 

Yeah even if it wasn't actually 33 minutes as Cole said for Nia to work over 20 minutes as well as she did was very impressive.  

More worried that Emma got about the same time as dana brooke.  I know they don't see anything in Dana but man Emma made the wrong move not being a Eva Marie rip off from the looks of it

This was the most I've enjoyed Raw in a while. I love Braun lawn darting Roman into the ambulance like he was Rey Jr.

I was hoping WWE would realize their mistake and retcon Cass turning out of existence. After the Enzo feud, Cass is screwed. He's Test minus the juice.

I was already looking forward to Joe/Brock, but Neville/Tozawa and Sasha/Alexa as well. Fuck yeah.

I love when WWE has non-wrestlers on their show and it turns into a trainwreck. Miz TV was Wrestlecrap worthy.

Man, Cole had a rough night...by the main event he was stumbling all over the place.  Calling Banks' sliding knee/shining wizard an "elbow to the chin" then when Nia went for the Samoan drop, he shouted "Samoa Jo..rop".  I laughed really hard at the idea of Samoa Joe running in and beating up Sasha and Nia Jax after the lengths WWE has gone to prevent man on woman violence on TV.

I actually thought WWE had backpedaled on the Enzo/Cass breakup because of negative reactions last week.  Then I though Cass was going to go for one last shot at the tag titles with Enzo, and kick him in the head just as they were about to upset Cesaro/Sheamus.  And then I went "This is WWE...no way can they carry a story out that long" and was not surprised when Cass kicked him again.

I would have hated to be at the back of that arena, sitting next to the ramp and had to listen to that siren blare for what felt like 4-5 minutes.

Also "But we hear Roman escaped from the ambulance and is looking for Strowman" is one of the unintentionally funniest WWE lines ever spoken.  Was he locked in the ambulance?  Couldn't Roman just tell the driver to stop?  How did he escape it?  Did he jump out of the back when the ambulance was stopped at a red light? In and Out Burger? Or did Roman just dive out of the ambulance mid-flight and tucked and rolled?

The Roman/Strowman and Joe/Brock segments were great. This week's Enzo/Cass segment was way better than last week's.

The women's Gauntlet match was great, easily the best match the women have seen on any of the shows in months. This has to be up there as one of Nia's best performances yet. She looked like a beast at times. Loved her catching Sasha in that suicide dive attempt. I feel safe saying Sasha is Nia's best opponent  at this point. Nia doesn't feel the need to hold back with her, and Sasha bumps even better than Bayley & Asuka for Nia's offense. I'm pleased they gave this the main event because it was well deserved. Hopefully they do more with Nia soon instead of the weird inconsistent appearances.

This was a great Raw.

As piss poor as WWE's booking can be and has been up to even now, I still have to give them some credit for seemingly planning for women to main event three nights in a row. I think 205Live will be the only show they won't this week.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know one man who approved the ending of that promo

DSC_1843_261.jpg

As a black man, Hayes was very offended. 

6 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Well there goes the idea of going to a show with a sign, "Sit on me, Nia."

Careful what you wish for. 

I'm going off Niners segment clip elsewhere, but that Ball segment reeked of Russo's attempt with the Stern group. 

The bit with Joe choking out Brock was awesome though. I'm not gonna bother with what I missed prior. I tuned in after the commercial break with Dean and whoever (I don't remember or care) waiting for a hot tag. Nice to see the ladies get a closing segment. 

Its not so much of a "wow", as it is, "Yes, let the women finish the fucking show.", as much as I dislike the Jax push (I'm not sold) and diluted women's division. 

I know, they get rare time, but it could be immensely better. The upcoming tournament, could solve it, but I'm not shooting expectations higher than I'd like to. 

Lesnar/Joe just keeps getting better. That's rare for a WWE feud that starts with a hot angle.

I thought the Gauntlet Match was pretty good. It was Nia's best outing on the main roster for sure. I still don't really care about anyone in the division on RAW, though. Hoping Alexa and Sasha can change that with a good feud.

As much as I'm enjoying classic Goldust, it's asking a lot of your audience to boo a beloved nostalgia act.

I'm pleased the Roman/Strowman feud is back on. Easily one of the highlights of 2017 RAW.

- I missed the first 45, showed up for Goldust/Truth.  If Goldust has a camera man, I hope throws out a "Cameraman, ZOOM!" as a tribute to sheiky baby.

- I don't give a shit about Kung Fu Graham and his kids, but Miz was great and I love the fact Maryse is still mad at him:

- I fully expected them to miss Cass turning on Enzo again with all the crowd shots they were doing.  I thought Enzo cut a good babyface promo and it seems like the crowd is at least upset at the Cass heel turn.

- After Bray Wyatt said he was everywhere, I am disappointed they didn't have him show up in a mirror like the Ultimate Warrior.

- Next week, I seriously want a package to arrive to Paul or Brock and it's a pillow and a blanket from Joe.  They've done an outstanding job of the build to Joe/Brock, I know I will they will somehow fuck this up, but for as much as Brock disappears, he usually delivers in a big match, I just hope he feels like this is a big enough match to go balls out.

- Tozawa looked great tonight.  I didn't get to look, but did Titus Worldwide at least get him Pocari Sweat and Pocky as his snacks?

- Women's main was OK.  Sad they got nothing for Bayley.  I don't mind Nia, I feel like she still has a way to go but her finishing segment with Sasha was really good.  Though I loved this exchange...