DVDVR Message Board

JUNE 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

LaVar Ball on Miz TV has been announced for tonight and I hope it's awesome.  This is the first time in a while where WWE is actually in tune with what's going on in the world.  This video will be everywhere tomorrow including ESPN, FS1 and any other sports related segments on local and national TV.  They need to hit this out of the park.  

I've been saying Titus and #titusbrand should be pushed.   It's another thing that Vince probably doesn't "get" 

3 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

I have no idea who that is </wrestlingbubble>

Lonzo Ball was the No. 2 pick in last week's NBA Draft. He was an All-American point guard for UCLA basketball this past season, and one of the more promising point guard prospects to come into the NBA in the last couple decades. His dad, LaVar Ball, is basically who Bobby Heenan would have been had he been involved with basketball instead of wrestling. LaVar makes a lot of media appearances, talking a bunch of shit about his son's greatness and slighting former NBA legends. Big Baller Brand is the company LaVar started because he made ridiculous demands to the major shoe companies when negotiating for his son's endorsements. BBB now produces a butt-ugly, $500 shoe. 

LaVar Ball is basically a master of drawing wrestling heat, but in real life. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

I'm not THAT down on Jinder as champ, because it means a reprieve from bland-as-Cream-of-Wheat babyface Orton. But boy, does my blood boil when I think of Luke Harper being completely misused. The angle was RIGHT THERE: Orton refuses to cash in his Royal Rumble win, Harper wins the battle royal, Wyatt fearing he'll lose demands Orton take his shot, and at Mania we get a Triple Threat with Harper going 2-on-1.

BAM, already over guy gets that extra nudge to solidify him as a top face, and we're spared an abominable feud built around OOOOOOO COCKROACHES ON A PROJECTOR! ARE THESE PEELED GRAPES OR EYEBALLS?! OOOOOOO 

I'm that down on Jinder as champion. His reign is like a Dino Bravo title reign in 1989. 

45 minutes ago, The Iron Yuppie said:

Lonzo Ball was the No. 2 pick in last week's NBA Draft. He was an All-American point guard for UCLA basketball this past season, and one of the more promising point guard prospects to come into the NBA in the last couple decades. His dad, LaVar Ball, is basically who Bobby Heenan would have been had he been involved with basketball instead of wrestling. LaVar makes a lot of media appearances, talking a bunch of shit about his son's greatness and slighting former NBA legends. Big Baller Brand is the company LaVar started because he made ridiculous demands to the major shoe companies when negotiating for his son's endorsements. BBB now produces a butt-ugly, $500 shoe. 

LaVar Ball is basically a master of drawing wrestling heat, but in real life. 

I stopped caring about basketball when John Stockton and Karl Malone retired. I hated seeing Malone play his final year with the Lakers.

• Like 3

I can't wait to hear the Alvarez of the world telling us how he is the best worker in the business and how "gets it".  Not understanding that is legit that fucked up in the head.  

But that segment will be on every ESPN show for the next 2 or 3 days so no matter how embarrassing it was and how most of it can't be shown it did the trick for him

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

He actually said that?

Tell me he didn't just say that.

Booker T. must be relieved he's not the only one to have made the mistake of dropping the N bomb on a wrestling show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I can't wait to hear the Alvarez of the world telling us how he is the best worker in the business and how "gets it".  Not understanding that is legit that fucked up in the head.  

But that segment will be on every ESPN show for the next 2 or 3 days so no matter how embarrassing it was and how most of it can't be shown it did the trick for him

Is Vinny going to have to explain who he is to Bryan?