DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

So Pro Wrestling Sheet is reporting that Jack Swagger has not been released yet and when he is - he has a 90 day no-compete clause

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/jack-swagger-not-released-90-days/#.WLm--hIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Mind you - the UK fed that is run by Paige's family tweeted out today that Swagger was wrestling Alberto Del Rio on March 11

4 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Is this movie a WWE studios movie or a movie Rock is doing independent of them?

The Rock is doing it all on his own (Granted with WWE help - since he filmed before the RAW in LA)

WWE Studios in one of four production companies producing the film and MGM is distributing the film

Paige backstage at the Impact tapings would be a bigger deal if Vince McMahon considered TNA to be a threat. I knew WWE didn't take TNA seriously when they inducted The Four Horsemen into the Hall of Fame while Ric Flair was under TNA contract. If TNA was a viable #2 promotion in the North America, The Horsemen would have not been inducted while Flair was under contract with them.

Is the WWE being petty in the Swagger thing? I know they have a protocol when it comes to releasing wrestlers but they haven't used on TV in four months or on the road for over a month now so why not just cut ties with a guy that doesn't want to be there and that they don't seem to want to push?

I have a feeling that the Swagger is gonna show up on SmackDown on Tuesday losing to Hawkins and they are gonna job him out on TV and the road to the likes of Crewes and kalisto and others in the next month capping it off with Ellsworth eliminating him during the Andre Battle Royal at Mania before finally releasing him in an attempt to devalue Swaggers name value on the Indie scene.

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

I knew WWE didn't take TNA seriously when they inducted The Four Horsemen into the Hall of Fame while Ric Flair was under TNA contract. If TNA was a viable #2 promotion in the North America, The Horsemen would have not been inducted while Flair was under contract with them.

IIRC, the price ended up being Christian doing one more appearance in TNA, and it's not like WWE gives a shit about him.

He was comfortable with public nudity at a young age, then.

His Mum said he was working part time, training for wrestling part time, and going to college part time. But on UpUpDownDown, he told Travis Kelce he didn't go to college. Did he lie to his Mother?

Saw the big deal being made out of Bobby Lashley in the MM threads, so I checked some of the stuff out and thoroughly enjoyed it. 

My understanding is Lashley is going to be attending the HOF ceremony this year to see Angle inducted. Any chance him and/or WWE would be interested in trying to do business again? 

People have said that about WWE videos for a long time now. They're vastly superior to what you see on TV in terms of angles on a consistent basis.

The news about Honma getting hurt and possibly paralyzed mentioned in the Japan section deserves to go here too so more know about it. The only injury info known or given out officially is cervical vertibrae injury, which could be anything.

IMG_4276.jpg

4-9-1.jpg

4-10-1.jpg

Since we'll never see film, it makes you wonder how he landed since that is such a common move now and if he just damaged something that was going to happen no matter what or if he landed at just the wrong angle.

The way it was reported (at least via Meltzer) is that his feet "got tangled" which I am taking to mean basically they got stuck (since you can see the start of the move in the photo) and he came down almost straight on the top of his head

It's such a common move, maybe he didn't get his arm down properly to brace it as well, we may never know. I've seen that move done dozens of times with guys spiked like their body was a fulcrum instead of their legs on the rope as well as the Orton version, so it's weird to see a DDT actually injure someone legitimately. It reminds me of Nakanishi's neck injury which was on a German Suplex by Wataru Inoue, I don't think anything was out of the ordinary, he just landed badly. Wasn't taped anyway.

10 hours ago, Ryan said:

The news about Honma getting hurt and possibly paralyzed mentioned in the Japan section deserves to go here too so more know about it. The only injury info known or given out officially is cervical vertibrae injury, which could be anything.

IMG_4276.jpg

4-9-1.jpg

4-10-1.jpg

Since we'll never see film, it makes you wonder how he landed since that is such a common move now and if he just damaged something that was going to happen no matter what or if he landed at just the wrong angle.

Close up of him on the mat...

VfmwUBu.jpg

18 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I have a bad feeling that something like this was bound to happen sooner or later to Honma.  Those diving headbutts he does make me cringe sometimes.  Hope he recovers.

This.  I don't really like speculating on this kind of stuff, but Honma was a dude doing diving headbutts to the outside of the ring on a not-irregular basis.  There's a good shot he was already pretty well predisposed to "one bad bump"...

• Like 1