DVDVR Message Board

RAW is GODZILLA vs. MOTHRA 2/20/17

Niners Fan in CT

I kinda thought Bayley was about to hand over the belt but not let go and next thing you know she pulls Steph in for a Bayley to Belly. But, we wouldn't want someone getting one over on the Princess and stuff. Had that happened though I think the roof would have blown off. It was so dumb when Steph was all "you can't beat Charlotte" to Sasha. I guess in the world of the WWE, only title wins on PPV count now.

Braun vs. Big Show is a feud I want to continue now. The hell with Big show vs. Shaq. Give these two a match at Wrestlemania. Someone who knows Braun or what ever must read this board. I keep saying he's the new Sid Vicious and last night he busts out a kip up like Sid. When Show kept going to the corn to set up for the Vader bomb I was like "please Braun get him up for the powerbomb". They're sticking with that powerslam. I mean it works, but a guy like Braun should be dropping dudes from up top.

That missile drop kick to counter the spear was a thing of beauty though. I jumped up for that. I never thought I would love Braun, but man Braun is so awesome.

Why does Stephanie need to be strong she is not over or a draw. The crap with the Bellas showed she is never putting anyone over. She will go in and work an armbar, thinking that is what wrestling is. 

If she has a match she should,

Act terrified

Bump around

Throw powder in the other persons face to get some fluke offense. 

Eat a finisher 

Never be seen again, sign contract promising children will never join business.

• Like 6

That was the best episode of Raw in years.

Strong opening promo from KO. He's in top form right now.

The opening tag was really good, probably the best Enzo/Cass match ever. Sheamus and Cesaro were so smooth in dismantling their opponents, and Enzo was used exactly like he should be. He got his ass kicked, stumbled around, provided just enough of a distraction for Cass to get the win, talked shit like he did all the work, then got kicked in the face again. Really strong match with some good characterization and teamwork we haven't seen on the main roster in a while. The negative reactions to Enzo might be cause for alarm if they continue against non-Cesaro opponents, though.

Kendrick/Tozawa is a fine match, but would've bloated this show. Smart just to do a quick beatdown and leave the payoff open.

The ND segment was perfectly acceptable comedy filler. It helped that the crowd gave them right reactions. Tremendous crowd all night.

Bayley and Sasha stood up to Steph about as much as anyone ever gets to stand up to her, so good for them. They should've hammered home how much Charlotte cheats to win and Dana interfering first to make it more face-y, but the crowd still helped it out. Then they went to one of Raw's most reliable good match pairings with Sasha and Charlotte. Unsurprisingly, they had another good match.

The KO/Sami segment was another well written one. While a full match would've undoubtedly been good as Raw's other most reliable pairing, it would've bloated the show as well. Joe delivered another quality beatdown and KO gleefully picking the bones made for a good segment that didn't detract from the rest of the show.

The Heyman promo with Brock mugging for the camera was a nice dynamic.

The Braun/Show match was built very effectively and felt like a big deal even though Show is about a month from retirement. Braun showed he could work and Show did enough to make the put-over mean something. Beating Roman down after the grueling match cemented Braun as a beast.

I know I'm going to fucking hate Fast Lane so much because despite all their missteps to this point, WWE has two stars in the making with KO and Strowman right now and they're going to job to 50yo with a handful of appearances left and a guy they've failed to get over for 2 years straight respectively. Such a waste.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zev said:

What would Steph defeating Bayley serve? Keep her strong for a match against Ronda Rousey?

Oh God, could you imagine the trash build-up to that match? Vince screaming into Cole's earpiece to scream: SOON THE DOUBLE-U DOUBLE-U E UNIVERSE WILL LEARN WHO HAS THE BEST ARMBAR IN THE WORLD! 

This weeks Hulu version had some annoying edits, no Enzo and Cass intro, no build to the Club vs Roman rematch, and why arent the New Day on the show?

But holy shit was Big Show vs Braun really good. MOTYC for sure.

20 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Stephanie shoot grappling training with the Gracie's and stuff would probably make for some Hi-larious network content.

So you're saying they'd need to film a grappling training montage...and they just happen to be bringing back Kurt Angle for a bit.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

This weeks Hulu version had some annoying edits, no Enzo and Cass intro, no build to the Club vs Roman rematch, and why arent the New Day on the show?

The first two sound like you got a much better version of RAW but are you telling me they eliminated they entire New Day/Rusev stuff?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The first two sound like you got a much better version of RAW but are you telling me they eliminated they entire New Day/Rusev stuff?

None of it. At all. I like Enzo and Cass' intro's its part of their shtick. 

And no cruiser stuff what so ever. Besides the contract signing. But no matches.

That KO promo was a really great homage to the legendary Eddie promo where he screams at Rey's mask with the whole chair/dark arena motif. But KO and Eddie also do such a great job with eye acting. They both manage to look completely dead inside and absolute psychopaths. Amazing promo from KO.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

That KO promo was a really great homage to the legendary Eddie promo where he screams at Rey's mask with the whole chair/dark arena motif. But KO and Eddie also do such a great job with eye acting. They both manage to look completely dead inside and absolute psychopaths. Amazing promo from KO.

Classic promo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I guess I can understand taking the New Day stuff out - since it really served no purpose towards any of their major storylines and it took up A LOT of time

Cut to backstage where Titus and Jinder are chanting "One of us! One of us!" at them.

• Like 1