DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a show. 2/14/2017

zev

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My problem with Otunga as the face color guy is that he was never a face when he was a wrestler so it comes off awkward. Plus he is an idiot. And I am tired of him eye fucking me without my consent

I don't mind Tom at all and if he was the color guy who survives fine. (Though he clearly worked best with Corey)

For a guy who went to Harvard he does come across as kind of dumb. His main contribution as a play by play guy seems to be saying, "OHHHHHH!!!" during big moves and being silent.

25 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

For a guy who went to Harvard he does come across as kind of dumb. His main contribution as a play by play guy seems to be saying, "OHHHHHH!!!" during big moves and being silent.

Harvard has had its fair share of morons passing through.

I'm not a fan of Ranallo. Every single word that comes out of his mouth is enunciated in a highly annoying, almost satirical, 'overly excited sports commentator' way.

When Mauro first appeared, he was a fresh voice that differentiated the product, and his play-by-play was on point. Over time, he's been watered down (most likely by Vince) with catchphrases and dumb references, and the clusterfuck announce table keeps anybody from being able to excel at anything.

I'd be more excited about Luke Harper in the WWE title match if I thought he had any shot in hell of winning. Everything about the feud and match seems so inevitable – with them trying to re-do the Daniel Bryan breaking Bray's spell and turning on him – that it's hard to get interested in it.

• Like 1

I get what you're saying, but to go from where Harper has been for years, to being a player in the WWE Title match at a WM is pretty cool. Bryan had already had multiple title reigns by the time he got his Mania run, Luke's just getting going.

• Like 2

I'd bet a lot of money that Luke Harper never participates in a WrestleMania main event. Y'all are fooling yourselves if you think Vince has any intention of making it a triple threat.  The Orton dealie might be enough to keep me from ff'ing my way through all the Bray segments next week.

Does anyone realize how insane it is that we're realistically talking about Luke Harper getting a WWE Title match at Wrestlemania? And that there is a legit possibility if he gets the match he could be WWE champion. 2017 is gonna be a weird fucking year

• Like 4

No matter what happens, Harper has to be involved in some capacity in the eventual Harper/Orton Mania match. Either it does become a triple threat, or he does a run in at some point. He's as tied in to this whole storyline as Orton and Bray are, and he needs to be a part of the "finale" at Mania.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

I'd bet a lot of money that Luke Harper never participates in a WrestleMania main event. Y'all are fooling yourselves if you think Vince has any intention of making it a triple threat.  The Orton dealie might be enough to keep me from ff'ing my way through all the Bray segments next week.

Why else would they have the #1 contender battle royal? Cena, AJ, Miz, Ambrose, Corbin, all locked into other stuff...

33 minutes ago, Brysynner said:

Does anyone realize how insane it is that we're realistically talking about Luke Harper getting a WWE Title match at Wrestlemania? And that there is a legit possibility if he gets the match he could be WWE champion. 2017 is gonna be a weird fucking year

"Realistically"

"legit possibility"

No?

I for one welcome a Harper mega-push if it happens, he's deserved it for a while.

I liked Mauro initially, but now the act is getting pretty old. Even my mom is now yelling "Fuego!" randomly during matches like he does. I don't really get the Otunga hate, though. Yes, he's no Jesse Ventura but he's not offensive overall. I think part of it is him being face rather then heel, which is something he hasn't been, but I don't want them to make him like Byron Saxton (poor Byron.)

That main event was all kinds of great, and Bray is just firing on all cylinders, now. My guess is that Orton and Luke form some sort of pact and spend the weeks leading up to Mania, trying to destroy Bray, this making him the sympathetic accidental babyface. 

Oh, and I love Ellsworth and Carmella together. The eternal doofus trying to impress the hot chick, is something I figured most of you could relate with.

Talking Smack was fun, as always. Daniel fucking with Alexa over her NE Patriots flub, and her reaction to his trolling, were  hilarious.

• Like 3

Could they do something with Lesnar winning the Battle Royal?

Lesnar's now worried that Orton might choose to face Goldberg at Mania for the title, so turns up on SD, destroys the battle royal field, and forces Orton to take his title match/SD to make Orton face Bray otherwise there will be no SD title match on the card for Mania? Or even possibly an awkward trade off that builds to Orton getting a rematch against Lesnar later in the year? Build up to a tag match on a SD - Lesnar and Goldberg forced to team up against Bray/Orton. Winning team gets the title matches of their choosing at Mania, leading to Bray leaving Randy for dead, ala Sid/Hogan prior to Mania 8?

I'm sure people have but can anyone remember someone kicking out of a Sister Abigail? It's been treated as a death move the past two matches so that's good. 

Count me in on liking Mauro.  I think he brings a certain excitement that we haven't had since JR.  I don't think Tom Phillips can call an AJ/Cena type match as well as Mauro can because he doesn't bring that kind of excitement where it's necessary.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I for one welcome a Harper mega-push if it happens, he's deserved it for a while.

Second this. Luke Harper deserves a huge push, Luke became a favourite of mine from 2014. I was supposed to see him live for the first time but he injured his leg.

19 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm sure people have but can anyone remember someone kicking out of a Sister Abigail? It's been treated as a death move the past two matches so that's good. 

John Cena maybe at WrestleMania XXX, The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXXI and I think Roman Reigns at Hell in a Cell 2015. Bray does the best version of the move by far with the pause before the move, the impact, the quickness and ways he's used it:

X97esl6.gif

VrPdsR.gif

• Like 1

Yeah, Phillips and Graves have amazing chemistry. Also agreed about the 4 man booth. The 3 man booth is too much too. I just don't know how you shuffle around the announcing crews to get Phillips and Graves together on the same show before Michael Cole steps away. The change you noted for 205 Live makes sense though.

I think their grooming Tom for Mauro's spot when Mauro goes to replace Cole. 

I think in WWE Mauro has been a breath of fresh air and been forced to tone down a lot of things that drove people, myself included, nuts in the past. 

Tom is like a robot who just straight up reads what is written for him and injects nothing in to his commentary that would make it seem like he cares about anything he's talking about. 

Otunga makes puppies era Lawler look like Gordon Solie. 

I never got that feeling from Tom in NXT, but then again, he had Graves with him and that pairing was great. Putting Tom with JBL, Otunga, and Mauro just makes Tom feel like a dude who only has the room to say whatever is written for him.