DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROYAL RUMBLE POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Now that being said - the fact that those four were all SDL folks and they made it over American Alpha is joke (in a kayfabe - world you can see why 3 of the 4 were there in a booking sense)

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

In the Rumble match, the biggest surprise for me in hindsight was Harper's face turn. 

Also, did anyone else think a couple good brothers would interfere in AJ's match based on his tights? I was really expecting a Club reunion. 

The Harper face turn was looking awesome until he was casually flung out by Goldberg.

Gallows and Anderson interfering would have made too much sense for this company.

Whoever said the Harper face turn was awesome is speaking the truth! Harper is too good not to have a Smackdown face run. Especially with Ziggler a newly  turned heel. If only RAW would turn Rusev. The fans want it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Roman getting a shot in the Rumble but AJ didn't, probably furthers the AJ/Shane program. First he appears in the back of the poster (see: Talking Smack from last week), now Shane can't get him a spot in the Rumble, but Stephanie can get Roman one?

There are some interesting things they could do with that besides making a Shane/AJ match.  But I don't see it happening.

I enjoyed the six ladies tag. Thought all six women looked good and nice to see Naomi get the pin. If this leads to her vs Alexa at Mania, in her hometown, I wouldn't be upset. 

Not sure what's going on with Sasha's booking. Even Alicia Fox looked stronger going up against Nia Jax. This can't be the same woman that was trading the women's title with Charlotte. 

Speaking of which, I'm not sure where Charlotte and Bayley go from here. They had a good match but that was a pretty definitive victory. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Oh good, this fucking bullshit again. "I haven't seen said match, but I bet these other people are really uneducated to like said match so much." 

No, I was just putting that out there, but as always someone has to assume and talk crap. I barely watch or follow any recent wrestling aside from the 1 or 2 shows I get to go to and the major WWE PPVs, so I could honestly careless.

Enjoyed the show a lot. It helps to separate the booking from the action.

Charlotte put on a great performance against Bayley. She's so comfortable in the ring and good at reacting instead of acting. Bayley had a few nervous moments for sure.

Reigns/Owens was a decent enough plunder brawl.

Cena/Styles was as good as their SummerSlam match. I enjoyed Cena going into Prototype mode. I was surprised that Cena won here but I'm interested to see what his Mania direction is. Maybe have him lose it back to Styles and do some kind of stip match at Mania?

The Rumble itself was very good early with the Braun stuff and I found the later stuff to be really intriguing too. I like Roman embracing his cocky side.

• Like 2

Sasha squashed in 5 minutes

Rich Swann loses his title

New Day all eliminated at the same time in the Rumble

Apollo Crews is a goober

Looks at calendar... oh its only Jan 29. Carry on

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Jamal said:

Not sure what's going on with Sasha. Even Alicia Fox looked stronger going up against Nia Jax. This can't be the same woman that was trading the women's title with Charlotte. 

Speaking of which, I'm not sure where Charlotte and Bayley go from here. They had a good match but that was a pretty definitive victory. 

I'm guessing we get Nia/Bayley again for number one contender, Sasha interferes, and then we get a fourway in the same way we got the three-way last year. :\

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisM said:

The Alamadome crowd seemed to love the finish, so really that's all that matters. 

Yes because for once Roman Reigns was used as the pawn instead of the other years where they actually thought Reigns would be huge because of it.   Can't tell if Reigns would have won that match that the crowd would have been so happy

Just now, hammerva said:

Yes because for once Roman Reigns was used as the pawn instead of the other years where they actually thought Reigns would be huge because of it.   Can't tell if Reigns would have won that match that the crowd would have been so happy

At least they found a clever way to avoid Orton getting shit on for winning the Rumble.  Good trolling by Vince.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Charlotte put on a great performance against Bayley. She's so comfortable in the ring and good at reacting instead of acting. Bayley had a few nervous moments for sure.

Except for the three times Charlotte was out of position...

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Apollo Crews is a goober

I can't lie.  I thought the same thing right after Swann lost. February is almost here!

9 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I haven't seen Omega vs. Okada, but considering some fans are calling "the greatest match in pro wrestling history" and saying "forget Misawa vs. Kawada, that's the past. This was far superior" already makes me feel they're over reacting and have never actually watched any of the Misawa vs. Kawada matches or have watched very limited footage from New Japan.

And to actually add something to the AJ vs. Cena match, yes, I thought it was great. Probably not as good as their SummerSlam match, but still great.

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

No, I was just putting that out there, but as always someone has to assume and talk crap. I barely watch or follow any recent wrestling aside from the 1 or 2 shows I get to go to and the major WWE PPVs, so I could honestly careless.

Your words above. Tell me, what was assumed? Again, your words: "reacting and have never actually watched any of the Misawa vs. Kawada matches or have watched very limited footage from New Japan." 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Apollo Crews is a goober

WWE is preparing for Black History Month.

Next up will be Akeem reciting Dr. King's I Have a Dream speech.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apollo Crews is a goober

At least they didn't have New Day do the KFC commercial.

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, steve said:

Cena's not keeping the belt long. He's a part-timer now whether they want to admit to it on TV or not, he's got too much other stuff going on. 

So then why not keep the AJ title reign going?  Why not put Balor or Joe in the Rumble?  Or even have a Braun or Corbin win it?  I don't understand any of this shit. They have a great roster and yet nobody gets anywhere...  it's all treading water.

• Like 9