DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROYAL RUMBLE POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 minute ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Really curious where Owens goes from here. The obvious move is Jericho vs Owens at Mania for one of their belts.

Pretty sure that's the match they're going to build to, except Owens is going to try to help Jericho in a US title match and Jericho will drop it to someone. Not sure who he can drop it to though.

I'm beyond puzzled at Joe's total lack of use this weekend. He's a face in the crowd during Takeover since he didn't have a match, so you'd think he would be in the Rumble, and he wasn't there either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisM said:

So, Roman vs Taker at WM? Or Braun vs Roman?

Definitely Reigns vs. Taker for WM.

Reigns vs. Strowman is going to be played on the background on RAW and Taker is going to eventually distract and cost Reigns some matches similar to Triple H's music hitting and him distracting Rollins and costing him his spot in the Rumble match.

1 minute ago, Matt788 said:

Apollo Crews is the new Brooklyn Brawler. If things get any worse he will be the new Barry Horrowitz..

It always cracks me up when they talk about how much potential and ability he has and all I can think is HE LOST TO CURT HAWKINS YOU FUCKERS :unsure:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Edwin said:

Pretty sure that's the match they're going to build to, except Owens is going to try to help Jericho in a US title match and Jericho will drop it to someone. Not sure who he can drop it to though.

Exactly. Could see Reigns/Taker being for the title if they think it'll help hype that match more. Fastlane might actually have some intrigue.

1 minute ago, steve said:

I LIKE JOE TOO

Having said that, I tend to think this board over-estimates Joe's standing in the company jussssst a tad sometimes.

You think that just happens on this board?

Meltzer's speculation is Cena vs Joe at Mania without it being a title match so it makes no sense for Joe to have debuted and lost in the Rumble. He'll probably show up on Tuesday or at the next PPV. Dave's predicted Mania card is looking pretty accurate after tonight so I gotta lean towards him having good info this year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Really curious where Owens goes from here. The obvious move is Jericho vs Owens at Mania for one of their belts.

Meltzer said Goldberg is booked for the Universal Title match at Fastlane. So.....