DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

1 hour ago, zev said:

Not sure it says too much given that ROH brought in the Headbangers a year or two before SDL brought them back.

It says ROH stopped being the indy everyone wanted to work a long time ago.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zev said:

But is Evolve a faster track to take this year than Progress?

As for ROH, if not Castle, who do they let take the title off of Daniels?

Yeah if you go back 2016 Rumble weekend Evolve shows 8 wrestlers who were on those shows have already been signed.

Multiple Progress regulars worked in WWE rings as part of Axxess just a few days ago. And several were in the WWE UK tournament. The title that spawned from that tourney was just defended on a Progress card.

I'm thinking it's just as solid a base to be working from as Evolve. ROH is 2nd tier, running neck and neck with Southpaw.

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎04‎-‎11 at 1:59 PM, caley said:

I feel like it's going to be Cody, then Lethal, then Page.  That's my guess at the lineage of the ROH Title in the coming months/year.

I don't see Dalton Castle being World Champion. I like the guy, I just don't see them putting the strap on him. Page makes more sense; hell, even skipping Lethal and having Cody or Page transition out of Bullet Club before Page takes the title off Cody directly.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, caley said:

I feel like it's going to be Cody, then Lethal, then Page.  That's my guess at the lineage of the ROH Title in the coming months/year.

Why Lethal again? Unless they're being bought out and he gets a final weekend Thank You run, I'm not seeing him touching any singles titles this year.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:25 PM, Web Conn said:

It might be more telling that the ROH website doesn't have any live dates up past the TV tapings on June 24th.

When they had their Pittsburgh taping back in February they announced a return date in October.

3 hours ago, zev said:

Why Lethal again? Unless they're being bought out and he gets a final weekend Thank You run, I'm not seeing him touching any singles titles this year.

I figure it's likely a condition of him re-signing with ROH when he probably had other avenues.  Like Young Bucks almost immediately winning the tag titles after they re-signed.  I can't imagine Lethal would re-sign with ROH - especially when there was reported WWE interest - to bounce around the mid-card and elevate other guys.

• Like 1

So I am catching up on the stuff ROH posted on their Youtube channel and Kikutaro working a Future of Honor show might be more absurd than Preston Quinn being in their Top Prospect Tournament

Especially when they acknowledge that Kikutaro has been on ROH shows in the past

• Like 1

And of course he's already 40 too. Interestingly, this is the list of his many gimmicks from Wiki:

Spoiler
s) Bret KikuHart
Dump Kiku
Ebedullah the Butcher
Ebessan
Ebestan Hansen
Ebetaro
Jumbo Kiku
Jyushin Thunder Ebesga
Keiji Ebitoh
Kiku-Kiku-Kiku
Kiku Angle
Kiku Flair
Kiku H
Kiku-san Hansen[1]
Kiku Hiroshi
Kikutaro
Kikutasu Jack
Kikutimate Warrior[2]
Kikuzawa
Killer Kiku
Mitsunobu Kikuzawa
Teriyaki Boy
Momochi Sandayū[3]
Teriyakitaro
Kodo Fuyukiku

If he pulls off the full imitation including moves every time I'd love to see those matches. (and of course I flip back over to the Wiki and see that he does right after I write that)

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:46 PM, zev said:

The indie everyone wants to work now is NXT.

Sad but true.  I am happy to see that working in Japan will get you noticed by WWE faster than it used to, but that has come at the expense of ROH and some of the other indies. 

TNA is where careers go to die if they don't have an award winning gimmick.

Hangman Adam Page is an excellent arrogant douchebag heel.  it is his ridiculous offense that gives me pause.

Once he gets out of the brawl brawl brawl kick wham stunner system and gets some chain wrestling and ring psychology under his belt, he'll be just fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

You know your promotion has taken a wrong turn somewhere when you're considering Adam Page for the world title.

If he beats Kazarian in a grudge match, then he's one more BC for Daniels to defeat. At least that makes sense in regards to current storylines.