DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

So they have announced the Briscoes vs. Young Bucks 2 out of 3 Falls match for Honor Reigns Supreme

Adding even more sizzle to the showdown is that each fall will have a different stipulation. The first fall will be decided by pin; the second fall will be contested under lucha rules, meaning that tags aren’t necessary (when the legal man’s feet hit the floor, his partner can enter the ring and become legal); and the third fall (if necessary) will be no-disqualification.

Flair/Foley went only two Falls

I feel like there was a Benoit match against I wanna say MVP that was only two.

And it was used a bunch in Lucha, of course. (That usually involves the rudos getting DQed for reasons)

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:26 PM, odessasteps said:

The US one i remember first is flair and arn beating the blonds on the clash, but since one fall was a dq, they didnt win the belts.

I always thought that was a bullshit finish.

I'm putting spoiler tags on this just to be safe.

Spoiler

Adam Cole defeated Kyle O'Rielly to regain the ROH World Title at Wrestle Kingdom today. Making O'Rielly the shortest reigning champion at 33 days and making Cole the man with the must ROH World Title reigns with 3.

I suspect we see a rematch at the Anniversary Show in March. 

I did not know that. I just googled it and yeah looks like that person is done with ROH.

Spoiling the rest not to give anything away

Spoiler

Not up on the TV Taping spoilers but I know Christopher Daniels is in that tournament to crown the number one contender for the ROH World Title and a shot at the Title at The 15th Anniversary Show (I forgot when I typed my previous post). Maybe they put it on him. The angle writes itself, veteran reaching the end of his in ring career who was on the debut show and been their off and on for the past 15 years getting probably getting his last shot at the Title vs the young punk kid. He has also just signed a two year contract so he can hold it for awhile. I know Cabana is heel and so is Cole and not under contract but Colt winning the Title at The Anniversary Show from Cole and then dropping it to Daniels at Super Card Of Honor would be cool. I know its not ROH's style to trade the strap that many times in a year and no one has held the title under a month but Cabana could be that guy a short reign would be cool giving he came back coming on a year in April and it;s a nice little notch in his career. Also Cabana has stated he doesn't want to sign a contract and long term champions in this day and age should be under contract. ROH can make up for hotshoting the Title so many times this year by giving Daniels a long run, hell he could hold the title until December of '18 when his contract is up. Daniels will be 48 when his contract is up and WWE would be wise to sign him as a trainer at the Performance Center. A long ROH Title run would be a nice way to end his career.

Watched the last two weeks' worth of episodes tonight, and as I watched Will Ospreay flip all over the place (That one part where he did 8 flips in the span of about 30 seconds...), Marty Scurll be all "I'm the villain" then do fan-pleasing spots with the Bucks, etc. etc. I was struck by how much MORE interested I was in watching the Taylor/Lee-War Machine match from November than ANYTHING else on either of the two shows.  ROH clipping that match so they could spend 20-30 minutes on Lethal-Cole was really disappointing to me.

• Like 2

This was in the latest WON

Jay Lethal, Bobby Fish, Hangman Page and Christopher Daniels signed new contracts. Lethal signed a two-year-deal.

Right now, ROH officials expect Kyle O’Reilly and Ray Rowe to leave for WWE, and that just about everyone else is staying. At this point, Rowe & Hanson are attempting to stay together as a tag team and make a package deal with ROH, New Japan, the combination of both or WWE all in the hunt. The belief is Adam Cole will be WWE-bound in May but from a legal standpoint he’s not even allowed to negotiate with them until 5/1.

From a legal standpoint, none of the contracted talent was allowed to negotiate with anyone else until 1/1. Quite clearly things went down very differently in real life.

Fish ended up taking this offer above an offer from WWE.

Got tickets for The Anniversary Show and Super Card of Honor. This will be my third Anniversary show. I've been going since they started holding them in Vegas annually. It will be my first Supercard of Honor or any non anniversary ROH show for that matter. Couldn't pass up potentially seeing The Hardys vs The Young Bucks.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

This was in the latest WON

I'd say we're not far away from a Hangman Page title reign of some sort, especially with the latest/impending defections depleting the roster even more.

Of all the ROH guys to leave for WWE, Rowe and KOR are not the ones I expected.

1 hour ago, caley said:

I'd say we're not far away from a Hangman Page title reign of some sort, especially with the latest/impending defections depleting the roster even more.

Of all the ROH guys to leave for WWE, Rowe and KOR are not the ones I expected.

The six man titles, with most likely the Young Bucks is the closest Adam Page should get to a title. Unfortunately, Delirious probably has him lined up for a TV title reign. 

21 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Who are you to doubt ex-NWA champion Bruce Probanz?? #hanginthere

I'm a sometimes highly cynical wrestling fan that has read a thread or two about him on another thread.

For one thing, he's no El Dandy. #thanksforsettingthatup

• Like 3