DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

They should probably give up. It's pretty much a vanity project for Kelly and Mandy. Taeler Hendrix was coming along but is still pretty rough around the edges. She's relatively tall, beautiful and isn't bad in the ring, so I'll wager that she's part of the WWE tournament.

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

ROH has officially signed Jonathan Gresham

A great move for Gresham because given their history with talented wrestlers he will be working for bigger shows not named Ring of Honor in the next year or two.  He could be the next Cedrick Alexander, or Donovan Dijak, or Michael Elgin,  or Keith Lee, or ACH, or well you get what I am saying.  

I thought they were grooming Taeler as being the female in the Kevin Sullivan group.  Assuming that group still exists.  As a wrestler she is okay but as a manager I think she has tons of potential. 

40 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I thought they were grooming Taeler as being the female in the Kevin Sullivan group.  Assuming that group still exists.  As a wrestler she is okay but as a manager I think she has tons of potential. 

Delirious stopped booking Sullivan (allegedly because he thought Sullivan could steal his job), then Corino signed with NXT.  Martinez turned on Whitmer for some unexplained reason after a match a few weeks ago, so this storyline is mercifully ended.

If I was ROH I'd be doing my damnedest to book a show for LA on Friday 6/31 featuring New Japan talent. Maybe use some CMLL Talent as well. They have that working relationship with New Japan, why not try to piggyback off of New Japans LA Shows. 

• Like 1

Liked the Martinez/Hanson match from this week's TV my inner old man says that Martinez doesn't need to break out that corner tope in a weekly TV match but I still dug it.

Didn't read any spoilers so I didn't know about the 6-man tag title switch. I hope Taven can keep his momentum going.

10 hours ago, Web Conn said:

If I was ROH I'd be doing my damnedest to book a show for LA on Friday 6/31 featuring New Japan talent. Maybe use some CMLL Talent as well. They have that working relationship with New Japan, why not try to piggyback off of New Japans LA Shows. 

If they did book a show on the 31st of June, I think they would run into the same issue as Southpaw Championship Wrestling did when promoting Lethal Leapyear.  

• Like 15

13 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

If they did book a show on the 31st of June, I think they would run into the same issue as Southpaw Championship Wrestling did when promoting Lethal Leapyear.  

Does this mean we won't get War Machine vs. Banker and Sea Creature? Admit it, that's a 6 1/2 star match in the making.

Holy shit, Casey.  Don't post something like that with no context!

I actually had to fucking google Lio Rush to make sure he wasn't fucking dead.

Did any of the MD Krew make it to the show in B'more for the finals of the Top Prospect Tournament?

22 minutes ago, Casey said:

Why would someone you assume to be dead be posting a thank you to Ring of Honor from their own Twitter account?

When it's five in the morning and you've been working all night and you see a picture of someone with THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES underneath it, it's fairly easy to draw the wrong conclusion.

Especially since I'm an old person and I haven't been keeping up with the ROH rumor mill.

Loved that Hanson-Martinez match, though it feels really WWE-y in that Martinez could only get the win after a distraction from DB Smith.  I kinda think that's what's holding ROH back in the last few years is that they take so long to give guys the big win that they either leave before they get there (Dijak, Moose), or only get it on the way out (O'Reilly).  I felt the same way checking the results and seeing Daniels defeat Castle a couple weeks back.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Holy shit, Casey.  Don't post something like that with no context!

I actually had to fucking google Lio Rush to make sure he wasn't fucking dead.

Did any of the MD Krew make it to the show in B'more for the finals of the Top Prospect Tournament?

I was going to, but ended up going on a family trip to Ocean City.  Weather sucked Saturday and had me wishing I saw the show instead.  But the awesome weather yesterday made the trip worthwhile and I regret nothing.  I'm thinking "I'll go next time" but with buyout rumors and such I'm hoping things don't change like that all of a sudden.

• Like 1

This company is a mess. I really don't know what else to say. I really want Alex Shelley to get out. He's only 33. Shit, I'd be down for a MCMG nxt run. The tag division is super thin right now. I really want to see Shelley get a chance in the 'E like Austin Aries and Roderick Strong.

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This company is a mess. I really don't know what else to say. I really want Alex Shelley to get out. He's only 33. Shit, I'd be down for a MCMG nxt run. The tag division is super thin right now. I really want to see Shelley get a chance in the 'E like Austin Aries and Roderick Strong.

He's only working part time as he finishes his schooling. He's got an exit plan that'll take place in a few years. So he's fine just going through the motions in ROH for a while longer. He was a guest on WOL in the build up to Supercard. I recommend it.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

He's only working part time as he finishes his schooling. He's got an exit plan that'll take place in a few years. So he's fine just going through the motions in ROH for a while longer. He was a guest on WOL in the build up to Supercard. I recommend it.

If Alex Shelley can get out with his health while he's still fairly young, I fully support that. While I love wrestling, I don't want to see anyone ending up a Randy the Ram-like story.

• Like 2