DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROH DISCUSSION THREAD

I'm a fan of Cole, but liked him much more when he started his heel run.  That was some quality TV with him as champ.  When he came back from injury something was missing with his brief face run then heel turn.  Joining Bullet Club does him no favors.

• Like 1

He's one of the best promos on the indies and would be in the top end of the wwe because he sounds like he believes what he's saying. I think the WWE system would actually help him in ring and hurt him character wise. 

Kind of wheel spinning episode this week except for the end. I ended up seeing the spoiler of Kazarian joining Bullet Club a few weeks ago so it didn't come off as big.

I have no idea what they're doing with Lio Rush.

If they were smart have him take the TV title off Scrull next week in Vegas, have him go on a a seven month run as TV champ lose it in a multi man match in October where he doesnt have to be pinned. groom him for a World Title shoot at Final Battle and have him as World Champ until WWE comes a knockin'.

Spoiler

Vice should still get their shot, yes. Briscoes could face the Bucks as no replacement opponents have been named for them.

So why do I think Delirious will have someone show up taking over Nigel's matchmaker powers and make it a 4 way match? Briscoes could become the greatest tag team in the history of time and space and chicken farms.

Spoiler

Yeah and think it is a lock that the Bucks are the champions after the ROH show in Lakeland.  Also think it is a complete lock, that Bully Ray is in the Bullet Club by May.  If he doesn't join the Hardy's at their future place of employment

It was like the joke someone said on Twitter.  Ring of Honor is the new TNA, TNA is the new Global Force Wrestling, and PWG is the new Ring of Honor.  It isn't that much of an exaggeration 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hammerva said:
  Hide contents

Yeah and think it is a lock that the Bucks are the champions after the ROH show in Lakeland.  Also think it is a complete lock, that Bully Ray is in the Bullet Club by May.  If he doesn't join the Hardy's at their future place of employment

It was like the joke someone said on Twitter.  Ring of Honor is the new TNA, TNA is the new Global Force Wrestling, and PWG is the new Ring of Honor.  It isn't that much of an exaggeration 

LOL. I was pretty much thinking exactly that, though I don't think that's a bad move on ROH's side frankly.

Spoiler

Wait-- do the Hardys wanted to continue the broken brilliance stuff and they chose to go to ROH to do it? I'd understand Lucha but ROH? This whole thing feels like a EWR game at the beginning of a month. 

5 minutes ago, Thibs said:
  Hide contents

Wait-- do the Hardys wanted to continue the broken brilliance stuff and they chose to go to ROH to do it? I'd understand Lucha but ROH? This whole thing feels like a EWR game at the beginning of a month. 

I kinda see it as ROH realizing that there's a very good chance the Hardyz will not only end up in WWE very shortly, but that the WM weekend match with the Bucks might not happen as a result, and struck while they could still make the match/feud happen.

There's also the possibility this was already booked to happen before the events of this past week, as it fits in nicely with the Hardyz' Expedition of Gold gimmick.

• Like 3

Spoiler

Well if they are going back to the WWE, wouldn't Ring of Honor be a better temporary home than a Lucha Underground where you have to sign longer term contracts.  Besides given how they are, the Hardy's LU stuff might not appear until they have left the WWE and gone back to TNA

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Hide contents

At this point, the Hardyz are a legitimate draw on the US indy scene - why WOULDN'T you bring them in if they were available and at the right price? 

(What ARE the Hardyz charging?  Because they've been all over the place.)

Spoiler

Oh I don't blame ROH at all. I was just looking from the Hardys perspective. If this is a long term thing and WWE is not on the horizon, I'm not sure that they'll be able to keep up the quality of the act. 

Btw wasn't it rumored that ROH met with Lagana and Corgan not long ago? If those two were involved it would be a different story. 

• Like 1

There really is no reason to keep spoilering since it was just a show and the news is all out there.

Meltzer said on the radio show that he is surprised that the Hardys signed with ROH and it is a quasi-longer term deal. He doesn't know the length of the deal but it is longer than 2 months and they have started telling indie promoters they are available past May again.

Dave says that they got the Cody Rhodes deal where they have full creative control, can work where they want and get all their merch money.

Basically they got everything that they wanted with an easier schedule than what they would get from the WWE