DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2017 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm not defending nor belittling Bryan yet (not until I hear it) but it seemed like he wanted to ask relevant questions and they had HHH on just to promote a straight-to-DVD movie.  Which makes me wonder why they thought that'd be a good place to mainly promote a movie.  Now if he was told in advance maybe then he'd have more to say about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Per Darren Young his injury is "Hyperextension which resulted in a traumatic dislocation & fracture of the coronoid process of the right elbow."

Backlund told him not to sign autographs for children unless they can recite that injury verbatim.

• Like 16

Omega's interview with the Observer sure makes it sounds like he'd prefer to stay in New Japan for the next two years before moving to WWE. Said something along the lines that he wants to push the boundaries in terms of physicality while he can and in his matches in a place where he could (New Japan) and have the freedom to do it as he pleases. 

On 1/18/2017 at 5:19 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

Which makes me wonder why they thought that'd be a good place to mainly promote a movie.

This is them playing their little games of power and control. They want to control the narrative and now they can say we tried to "work" with them when they get denied next time. And now if you want access again, it's bow to our whims and do what we say or nothing. It's just the same old manipulation game they always try and run. Problem is, journalist don't give a shit about whatever you want to promote and they're going to talk about what you do either way.

After hearing the segment Bryan could have found a more direct way to talk about the creative process than "Hey, I saw you on Raw in '97 with meat!  How did that come about?!"  But HHH didn't try to steer the conversation to the movie until the end, he sounded fine talking about wrestling.  If he rushed through answers to get to the movie I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

7 million from Vince & Linda.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

After hearing the segment Bryan could have found a more direct way to talk about the creative process than "Hey, I saw you on Raw in '97 with meat!  How did that come about?!"  But HHH didn't try to steer the conversation to the movie until the end, he sounded fine talking about wrestling.  If he rushed through answers to get to the movie I wouldn't necessarily blame him.

The B&V show covered the first Tyson Raw this week. So the BBQ segment was in the forefront of his mind(along with them wondering when/where Michaels was actually injured, since he wasn't selling it.)

• Like 1

Yeah, I heard that episode.  I guess if it's on the mind and you have to say something then fine.  But HHH sure didn't mind talking about it.  I'm hoping in some "Holy shit they got him!" moment they find a way to get him to do a more lengthy interview.

4 hours ago, Ace said:

So the BBQ segment was in the forefront of his mind(along with them wondering when/where Michaels was actually injured, since he wasn't selling it.)

I understand where Bryan was coming from but this was, and will probably be, the only time this ever happens and it goes down with some incredibly dumb and worthless questions to a guy who will likely be dictating the future of the wrestling. You take this golden opportunity to ask whether or not one of the greatest wrestlers of all time was working or not. Give me a break. I love Bryan but this was such an utter waste of an opportunity.

Thanks for the numbers btw.

got home quite drunk tonight on this awful day in American history and wanted to watch some piece of art that would make me feel good and, you'll all be shocked to hear I know, the 6/9/95 tag is still completely amazing.

• Like 4

If WOL brings you down, chase away those Alvarez blues on free Youtube with LAW or Steve and Larson. We all love Alvarez but sometimes he's one negative man. If a portion of Raw was not undeniably great he says a segment is a monumentally bad booking decision. That gets old.

On the day after WWE shows and PPVs, Live Audio Wrestling has Wai Ting who offers intelligent measured reviews and his partner Pollock is clever and insightful as well. Both are actually positive about WWE. They seem to actually like wrestling.

Also on day-after shows: Steve and Larson has the outgoing Steve and introspective Larson. Steve is enthusiastic but knows little of indy/Japan, but the pair are actually having fun being fans. I completely understand why they get 20,000 youtube views. They are a good contrast in personality.

Other non youtube newscasts:

PWTorch-casts are a little dry but good for a unique take on things. They go into a fair amount of detail and analysis that others sometimes don't. Plus they have been around long enough to know what's up.

MLW radio is a wasteland but Court Bauer tells fun stories and has his own take on things. Corney and Greeny I have already expressed my dislike for.

Non news podcasts:

We have Jericho who gets big stars on TIJ but Chris sometimes mails it in. The recent Omega interview was wonderful. How was Chris not aware that Kenny was in DDT?

Jim Ross cares about his podcast but sometimes falls into old habits to fill time.

Lance on Killing The Town was all stories I have already heard (I was a big Lance fan) and honestly Lance was a little dry. With the right guest I will tune in.

Stone Cold's voice is grating. can't listen to his pod.

In the end nothing replaces the mighty Meltzer and his scoops that trickle down to the rest of the podverse, but If Alvarez occasionally gives you eyes rolling, I recommend LAW. On youtube it's free.

Edited by Matt788
correction