DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Corey's Got Pink Eye - 11/28/2016

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

This was the best RAW in months, IMO. Easily watched the whole show.

I am always amused when my opinion is the complete opposite end of the spectrum from some else as I definitely wouldn't use "easy" to describe that show.

Of course - it does appear that right when I gave up (because I found that Naked Gun was on MLB Network of all places) it appears to have gotten better since I would have enjoyed the bar brawl and I will need to watch the women's main

But oof to the rest of it

The KO/Roman segments would only be good at this point if they started fucking. Jericho is great with his promo and facials in these segments but that nonsense with Rollins was legit the worst parking lot brawl in wrestling history.

It is nice that Cedric appears to be the first CWC guy to be getting an angle (outside of the title stuff) but I am really hesitant around it being a love interest with Alicia. I guess Cedric likes them crazy.

Braun/Goldust would be right up my alley if they did the matches they are having on house shows. But Dust getting squashed doesn't interest me.

And Foley being a massive hypocrite with this Zayn angle is infuriating.

Rusev remains the face in that feud and should have kicked Enzo more in the jimmy. I have never been on the ENZO IS A GREAT PROMO~! bandwagon so this may be biased but the last few weeks of his horse shit is grating. This is also because whenever he talks, I flashback to high school. Not good times.

• Like 1

I looked forward to Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte V in 2016 because of the matches they put on. The Hell in a Cell match strongly divided opinion, I was in the reallly liked it camp. This match...the best yet. The entrance by Banks stripping her entrance attire meaning business, no gown for Charlotte. Both brought the hate/physicality with Sasha using a rail assisted Bank Statement for the win and RAW Women's Championship. One of the best WWE matches this year. Few I'd have above it.

I enjoyed the main event. I was one of those that didn't like HIAC but found this match much more compelling. I'm tired of the constantly switching women's title too and hope that they can finally keep things stable. Just makes me wonder what happens with Bayley now. 

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Their obsession with beating people in their hometown is absurd

I did enjoy both Emma and Summer Rae tweeting at Foley to please end the Sasha/Charlotte feud

Dude, I thought I was the only one. Cedric gets the biggest pop in the CW in awhile and you have him lose in his hometown? Sure, I understand Charlotte sort of, but Cedric?

The fuck?

I guess it is to set up a feud between him and Nese, but dude?

That character work from Brian was good shit.

Look, I always thought Charlotte was Sasha's weakest match of the four horsewomen, but they have delivered and Charlotte's athleticism is so crazy. 

Good show overall, I guess.

The Sheamus/Cesaro bar fight was hilarious. I'm all for it if they become a sophisticated version of the APA. The girl that came onto to Sheamus at the start of the segment was Tessa Blanchard. I'd love to see Sheamus brogue kick the hell out of Ricochet/Prince Puma. Not cause he's with Tessa. Just because it be fun to see him go flying.

Sami is getting squandered on RAW in this whole "I can beat the monster" story. I bet he gets the match at Roadblock and Mick is all "if you die, don't say I didn't warn you". He somehow will get the miracle victory and Braun will proceed to murder him. Moral victory for Sami, but Braun comes off looking like Godzilla none the less. Afterwards, maybe Smackdown can get Sami's corpse.

I wanted Sami to snap and lay Mick Foley out. Just because a guy listens to ska and is generally a good dude doesn't mean he can't fuck your shit up. 

I like Sheamus and Cesaro as the Brawlin' Bar Buddies.

The reason the North Carolinians all jobbed? Vince's self-loathing about being from Carolina, as much as he may try to deny it.

• Like 4

I'm a little surprised I am alone in not liking the main match. The one replay on YouTube I saw made it look halfway decent, but having a good view of it live, Charlotte came no where close to hitting the moonsault on Sasha.  She also botched the figure four headlock flip roll thing she does pretty badly during the commercial break.  I'm not sure where the line is for me, because I liked Rowan's awkward looking spin kick (probably because it looked like some swamp giant trying to do a spin kick), but Charlotte is on the other side of that line for me.

• Like 1

The main event was odd. Like, it was a good match, and I enjoyed watching it, but I just didn't care. There was no emotional investment whatsoever on my end. I mentally closed the book on the Charlotte-Sasha feud after HIAC and I can't understand why it's still going on. Fun match, but I couldn't have cared any less about who won or lost.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Anyone else think the payoff to the Rusev-Enzo stuff is Lana turning on Rusev and being paired with Enzo as the new Carmella?

The horror.....

Wouldn't surprise me. If they insist on keeping Lana aligned with a guy, Roman Reigns was right there, constantly beating the snot out of Rusev.  If I'm a WWE woman looking for a comeup, give me the man who's been a world champion and consistent main eventer, not the second in a tag team going nowhere fast and can't get a lick of offense in on my husband. I thought that's what they were going for with the Reigns/Rusev feud, but it didn't happen.

40 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

The main event was odd. Like, it was a good match, and I enjoyed watching it, but I just didn't care. There was no emotional investment whatsoever on my end. I mentally closed the book on the Charlotte-Sasha feud after HIAC and I can't understand why it's still going on. Fun match, but I couldn't have cared any less about who won or lost.

It's pretty ridiculous that Sasha wins on Raw and Charlotte wins on the ppv's to keep this stupid "unbeaten on ppv streak" going. Thanks to 50/50 booking, nothing after Charlotte and Sasha's first title wins really means anything.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I think my enjoyment of Monday night's match was probably helped by not having seen the cell match. I still think the cell match should've closed the feud, but now they REALLY need to shut it down and they probably won't.

I don't get the booking for Sasha/Charlotte at all, but at least they keep having good matches. I'm somewhat hopeful this really was the end of the feud for a while, since Charlotte and Bayley have a feud going and Sasha/Nia was teased a little last week.

Co-sign on not loving Charlotte's moonsault when her opponent takes it standing. It basically amounts to The Queen landing on her feet beside her target and both of them falling clumsily to the ground. Not the first time it's looked like that. Of course I was ready for it and was able to power through the annoyance. Very good match on the whole. 

At least they're maybe thinking about doing something with Sami? That could be promising.

I really liked the Big Dawg vs FightOwensFight. Looking forward to fanboy tears. 

Best bit of the awful Rollins-Jericho brawl was the security guy watching indifferently in that windowed off room. 

The funny thing is that both times Enzo has cut promos like that, the camera catches her smirking like she knows exactly what he's talking about. I don't know if that's intentional,or not. But it could make the few days compelling. Maybe.

There's a spot where she's fleeing up the ramp and complaining out about her arm that was some great selling. Probably because it was really fucking hurt.

Some people have complained about Charlotte being too rough with Sasha in the past but when the opportunity presented itself for Sasha to do the same, she held nothing back. It seems obvious to me that both are on the same page when it comes to how physical they want their matches to be.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Co-sign on not loving Charlotte's moonsault when her opponent takes it standing.

I have no problem with it because she at least always hits a part of Sasha, even if it's just basically a moonsault back-clothesline some of the time.  If you're the same size as Sasha and someone the size of Charlotte backflips off an elevated position and only hits you with her arm/elbow, it's still gonna hurt pretty bad.

I guess my point is, if you're okay with Neville and Sami Zayn's over the ropes dives that often just glance off their opponents, you can't object to Charlotte's moonsault.

• Like 3