DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Corey's Got Pink Eye - 11/28/2016

Dolfan in NYC

Damn, Sasha-Charlotte was fucking great.  THIS was the match I wanted at Hell in a Cell.  The finish was brutal and creative, god bless them for figuring that out.  

Also, I cannot overstate how wonderful the uncomfortable silence was after Bryan Kendrick's soul crushing clapback on Byron Maxwell.

I don't understand why they put the title back on Sasha. If they were putting the belt back on her anyway, why not just have her win at Hell in a Cell? It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Is it just so they could say they "made history~!" on RAW again? Seems really counter productive.

• Like 2

Sasha-Charlotte is the best feud since Shield-Wyatts. This was such a great hate-filled and brutal brawl. It very much felt like that Raw match Foley and Terry Funk had in the 90s. The end was really spectacular, too. Really smart way to use Sasha's finisher in one of the most hurt looking ways imaginable. Charlotte's heeling in this was also great. I loved her whimpering "tap!" after Sasha got out of the Figure 8. She also had such a great dismissive look on her face when she was moving the monitors off the table.

Another MOTYC type affair from these two. Have they had the three best Raw matches of the year? I think they have?

• Like 2

Charlotte and Sasha had a hell of a brawl. I thought Charlotte did tons of great little stuff throughout the match. Heeling it up in a way that I was sure she was winning. Taking all those weapon shots because she's going over, right? Wrong, she tapped and then looked so sad in the audience as Sasha celebrated. She never phones it in when she's losing which is a big compliment.

I don't even mind them trading the title because WWE doesn't do it that often anymore. Feels like we constantly get all these super long history making title reigns.

My favorite tag team of Cesaro and Sheamus finally got on the same page in a great way!

Loved Heyman's angle for the promo. Perfect way to make that loss mean something and set up a money rematch.

Rollins and Jericho had a nice brawl.

This was the best RAW in months, IMO. Easily watched the whole show.

• Like 2

That was the best Heyman promo since all the Suplex City junk started. The unshaven look was a great touch.

And I love how sloppy the Sasha/Charlotte matches are in a good way. Just uncooperative and rough. When Charlotte kept trying to yakuza kick the kendo stick out of Sasha's hands was a cool little sequence.

Oh, and the tag title match was pretty good, too.

• Like 2

Charlotte is going to break her dad's record before Cena does.

Once again Kevin Owens is the king of shit talking. He was running a clinic on it when he had Roman on that chin lock.

"I know your hair is greasy but you're not slipping out of this!"

"Why don't you just go back to football or whatever it is you did?"

• Like 9

The match was great and tons better than the Hell in the Cell one.   The major problem is that Charlotte is  going to win the title at the Royal Rumble in order to keep the PPV streak.  So it is makes both Charlotte and Sasha's title runs look dumb.   It is funny that even Charlotte has to job to the undefeated opponent of working in your hometown. 

Tessa Blanchard drunkenly hitting on Shemaus was great.   Watching the PWX guys take the ass kicking was cool too

I was in and out with a few things but what I saw tonight was really good stuff.

That bar brawl was super fun. I like that they might go with Sheamus and Cesaro as partners who actually like each other after they had each others backs at a bar. Those bar mooks were super great, too.

I very much don't care about Lesnar/Goldberg III but Heyman's interview was great. Straight-up brilliant.

Roman/KO was a fun match. They've got great chemistry together.

New Day heeling it up to break the record is fun stuff.

But that main event was something else. Sasha/Charlotte have had three amazing matches on Raw. I loved the hell out of HITC, but not everyone did. Their fifth match was abbreviated because of injury. And the three-way at WM was also very good. Gimmie more matches between them, thanks.

• Like 1

Really dug Strowman mowing people down again and the argument between Sami & Mick. I so hope this leads to Sami quitting to join SDL.

Sheamus & Cesaro's segment was amusing.

New Day vs. The Club was fun. Roman/Owens was solid,a nd I continue to dig the stuff between best friends, Chris & Kevin.

Charlotte/Sasha was great once again, but fuck do I wish they stop trading the damn title.

• Like 1

Good Charlotte/Sasha match, but will they please stop trading the belt every month? I don't want to hate on the rivalry because there's a lot of good stuff they can do, but they need to pump the brakes a bit. Not keen on the Ric Flair appearance.  It really showed a lack of continuity because Ric was helping Charlotte cheat not that long ago but is being nice to Sasha with no explanation.

The Sheamus/Cesaro bar brawl was fun.  The Enzo/Lana 'stuff her turkey' promo was not.  How can WWE be so dense when it comes to women?  They want to present women as serious competitors, then allow female talent to be sexually harassed.  And it's only Lana they're doing it toward, which opens another can of worms.

The Heyman promo was gold.  The emotional depth of it was fantastic.

KO/Reigns was good and should lead to a strong match at Roadblock.  The whole thing is topsy-turvy, though.  The Universal title is supposed to be the #1 belt on RAW, but is nearly on mid-card status because it has no history and Owens got it handed to him by HHH.  Meanwhile, the US title comes off as more important because a main eventer currently holds it and has a 40-year history.

Kendrick came off as deranged in his promo.  Not sure if that's a good thing.  They did give the Cruiserweights a solid push ahead of 205 Live, though.

Woods calling himself the Kick-Out King was hilarious.  I'm guessing Shesaro will beat them at Roadblock for the tag titles.

Rollins' Pedigree to Jericho was crappy.  I know it was on top of a car and that made it tougher than usual.  But it was pretty bad.

Very enjoyable show.  It seems like RAW is starting to find better footing.

• Like 1

At least disgusting chauvinist Enzo got kicked in the balls by Husband-of-the-Year Rusev for that awful promo.

Also they could do what they did last time they had a made up world title handed to a heel by an authority figure and a prestigious secondary title with a long history and unify them, just like with HHH and Kane with the WHC and Intercontinental title. Except this time maybe without the necrophilia attached.

17 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Good Charlotte/Sasha match, but will they please stop trading the belt every month? I don't want to hate on the rivalry because there's a lot of good stuff they can do, but they need to pump the brakes a bit. Not keen on the Ric Flair appearance.  It really showed a lack of continuity because Ric was helping Charlotte cheat not that long ago but is being nice to Sasha with no explanation.

The Sheamus/Cesaro bar brawl was fun.  The Enzo/Lana 'stuff her turkey' promo was not.  How can WWE be so dense when it comes to women?  They want to present women as serious competitors, then allow female talent to be sexually harassed.  And it's only Lana they're doing it toward, which opens another can of worms.

Well, Charlotte did kick Ric to the curb. Plus you could play thier ride along episode as why they split.

Also doesn't help having Summer Rae tweet roast beef jokes on Twitter during this. 

That was just a fantastic, fantastic main event. As easy as it would be to keep going back to that matchup, they need a break from each other so when they go back to the matchup later it feels special. Now if they'd only quit that "groundbreaking, making history" shit and focus solely on the fact that they're bitter rivals who don't like each other fighting over the top prize. By constantly pushing that they're equal to the men, they make themselves seem unequal, if that makes any sense. Just be equal to the men and shut the hell up about it. 

Fast-forward button on the DVR didn't get much of a workout at all. Good show.

• Like 1

Man, did you see Charlotte's fingers and arms?!  I think the reason it got a little sloppy in the middle with Charlotte trying to kick the kendo stick out of Banks' hands was because Sasha was really wailing on her right on the hands and arms.

Also, I like that someone backstage finally saw the commercial for WWE 17 and realized how much of a badass Sheamus looks in the bar in that outfit in the commercial and decided to find a way to fit it into Raw.  I think Sheamsaro is going to take the tag belts off the New Day and I kinda think they might do it right before New Day break the record, but that's just a gut feeling.

Jesus, but Charlotte just refuses to mail it in when she's going to put someone else over.  She takes a Texas dog whipping like nobody's business. 

As much as I love The Celtic Swiss Connection, I think it is time that The Club beat the New Day and got the Lex Lugar length title reign so they can at least say they were one time champs even if they held the belts for less than 24 hours.. 

Then you can have Gallows and Anderson drop the belts to Laoch-ola or Enzo / Cass.

• Like 1