DVDVR Message Board

#205LIVE

RIPPA

All they needed to do to make 205 work was tack the tapings along with NXT. It's the exact same core audience that wants thst kind of entertainment.

They screwed up from the get-go and have refused to tske the blinders off. Instead we get talking heads like JBL toeing the line saying the CW's should just work harder to get over. 

How do you get over to a dead crowd?   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

The CWC was so great, too. Why they thought they had to deviate from that winning formula to make it a Live Cruiserweight show still baffles me.

They could have carried it over to the TV show.  They must have known who was going to sign and who was not.  The guys that were signed work something into the match where you start future feuds.  A couple of cheat to wins, jealousy over being cost his chance to be the champ, etc.  Small things to get the ball rolling.

For whatever reason, that is too complicated.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Gee, who in the company could possibly have a disdain for undersized wrestlers, his audience, and anyone who enjoys wrestling for wrestling? Whomever it is, I bet he has an affinity for cocaine, steroids, and Red Bull. I bet said individual also started a bodybuilding federation and a football league that both failed.

The sort of sociopathic individual that you postulate would also order female employees to get on their hands and knees and bark like dogs and have long-term male employees kiss his wrinkled old ass on national tv. Such an over-the-top comic-book villain type couldn't possibly exist in real life.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I was always surprised how much disdain 205 Live seemed to get from the beginning, given how many people were able to get hired because of it who would likely never have been hired in the first place.  I would think most fans would be supportive because of that.

I support the wrestlers that otherwise wouldn't have been hired and they're doing their job, but WWE's execution after the CWC has been piss poor.

• Like 1

So, I defended the decision to make Enzo the CW Champion. I understood it then and it still makes sense. Having said that, I'm going to make a point to watch this show now because I'd like to find some new CW guys to invest in. I like this Lince Dorado dude. 

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

So, I defended the decision to make Enzo the CW Champion. I understood it then and it still makes sense. Having said that, I'm going to make a point to watch this show now because I'd like to find some new CW guys to invest in. I like this Lince Dorado dude. 

I recommend checking out Lince's Chikara work, if you're so inclined.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I recommend checking out Lince's Chikara work, if you're so inclined.

Good shout. Will do. I liked face Jack Gallagher too. Turning him heel made less than no sense to me...

6 minutes ago, just drew said:

Good shout. Will do. I liked face Jack Gallagher too. Turning him heel made less than no sense to me...

Agreed about Jack Gallagher. The heel turn made no sense and was doomed since it's relegated to 205 Live and was never going to have any real time or effort put into it. 

• Like 1

Mustafa Ali and Cedric Alexander are really good at the pro graps, y'all.  That was a hell of a match.

Also, appearances from the Lucha Super Friends (good to see Lince Dorado again) and Man of 1000 Finishers Hideo Itami.  What was that, a Twist of Fate/Codebreaker?

Joke answer: Judging by the amount of title reigns, the greatest motherfucker ever to step between those ropes.

Real answer: The fake physical entity representing every vacancy for every title in wrestling history.

Fake physical entity, like I needed to put that cause a real one could exist. I suck, punching out.

Cedric vs Mustafa is my MotY candidate. Well the first of 2018. Cedric is incredible guys. That match was sublime. From the in-ring work to the facial expressions and even the story of them gradually becoming angrier as the match went on. Cedric is really good at this wrestling thing and when he is not bogged down with shitty angles and story devices, the guy can shine. Mustafa was great as well.  This match gave life to a crowd that really wanted to be dead for this show. It got a this is awesome chant by sheer story telling and ring work. 

Lince looked great although I do not like the new finisher. TJP continues to be a forgotten relic of 205 and everyone has outshined him.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He discussed that very thing. 

They beat Asuka for the NXT Women's title. Very diverse performer. 

So I bet WWE are regretting releasing Aries and Neville. Heck if Ellsworth were still around he could basically do Enzo's shtick. 

I feel like Rockstar could do the loudmouth "all bark no bite" shtick. But, you know, he's a better worker than Enzo. 

And Kyuubi, I don't think I've ever agreed with you before, but Ced is THE MAN. 

5 minutes ago, Victator said:

They beat Asuka for the NXT Women's title. Very diverse performer. 

So I bet WWE are regretting releasing Aries and Neville. Heck if Ellsworth were still around he could basically do Enzo's shtick. 

Neville is still under contract, but I guess, sitting out the rest of that contract.