DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/8/16

The Natural

3 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I'm sorry, but this Ellsworth deal is getting old fast. 

Ellsworth is great, but I am not so sure that a push to the moon is good booking for him.  For an underdog booked as a sad sack, he's doing remarkably well for himself.

50 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Did anyone else chuckle at the fact that they brought up a three month old story with the whole Corbin/Kalisto thing? They even put 3 MONTHS AGO on-screen.

Yay for continuity?  I've got nothing on that one.

And yeah, Ellsworth is going to reach diminishing returns soon.  It's simply the nature of his position.  I've enjoyed a lot of what he brings to the table, but I can't help but think the time invested in him would have been better spent on a guy/girl who's already under contract.  They struck gold with Heath Slater, and it paid off richly. I don't begrudge Ellsworth's success, but it's about to reach its peak.

The Ellsworth thing was partially the novelty of them suddenly (right after the split I think) bringing back this wonderful, useful, obvious thing that they had stopped doing...the free t.v. enhancement squash match.

It reminds us what can happen when you remember the logic of some of the old ways.  We suddenly had Strowman look amazing and get built up, but without disintegrating roster guys you might actually want to push soon, and gave us this cornucopia of weird unknown people that the crowds enjoyed seeing.

It had been so long since they had seen an actual enhancement guy and not just seen the same "midcard" roster jobbers get goofed over and over that they kind of went nuts over the novelty of something that used to be a really normal part of booking.

Personally I'm still enjoying the hell out of Ellsworth.  It makes Dean look tougher by being the big brother to a genuine goofball and I don't think any of the current roster jobbers could have the same trolling effect on AJ as this obvious weirdo from the margins of the industry.

Luke Harper feuding with Ellsworth over who is the better mascot for the Smackdown team is totally a thing that is going to happen, isn't it? 

Harper needs a better finish than his turn around wait ten second then clothesline the guy. Let him use the Batista Bomb.

Also, dug the hell out of Becky-Alexa. I like that Alexa had her foot on the rope and was like "ref is totally going to make Becky stop" and Becky was like "I'm gonna break this bitch's arm" and Alexa was like "Oh shit she gonna break my arm better tap."

At least that's what I got from it. I don't know when it happened, but Becky is a better Bayley than Bayley is.

Smackdown needs more women, because there's just not a lot of variety of matchups.

Still, Smackdown has been killing Raw. I'm at the point where I'll actually watch Smackdown live on Tuesday's. Can't say I've watched Raw live (aside from accidentally flipping to a New Day sketch).

10 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Imagine how Sami Zayn would fare if he got the same TV time Ellsworth is getting.

Oh,. who am I kidding.  If Ellsworth wasn't around, they'd be giving Kane a bigger push.  It'd be All Kane, All the Time.

There's one match they play on a loop in the seventh circle of hell, Kane vs. Big Show Iron Man match.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Side note - I thought it happened this week but in watching clips I guess it didn't

Meltzer has said that Tom Phillips is getting added to the SDL announce crew

I look forward to Dr Joyce brothers being added to the team as well.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's one match they play on a loop in the seventh circle of hell, Kane vs. Big Show Iron Man match.

When they reluctantly have to become tag team partners, who do they face in the eighth circle?