DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (2016-2017) THREAD

RIPPA

12 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Until he plays like shit and hits like 9 homeruns this season and misses 90 games due to "injuries".

Pretty much. Joey Bats is my favourite dude in all of the baseballs, but he is beyond broken down at this point. He might not get a major injury, but will have a bunch of nagging shit that will keep him out for 10-15 game stretches.

President-Elect Trump is considering Bobby Valentine (yes, that one) to be his ambassador to Japan.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/bobby-valentine-considered-japan-ambassador-report-article-1.2903975

sigh...  Yeah, sure, why not. 

Super duper, I am quite happy. 13.6 K/9 and a WHIP of 0.67 is something I don't want to see in a bullpen that isn't LA's.  Also, it looks like they will get Greg Holland on a one year deal, and Justin Turner looks to be close on a 4/$65MM deal, but I just read an article that said it might be a larger overall value with some deferred money.

Good for KJ for cashing the fuck in. Dude ended up as an FA at exactly the right time.

I don't know how Altuve swings, so that may just be a natural thing because of it or I'd say he could have had more singles if he'd have swung differently.

Edit: Looking at his spray charts, he pulls the ball like crazy on the majority of his actual hits, so that may be part of it.