DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (2016-2017) THREAD

RIPPA

8 hours ago, Oyaji said:

My only issue with Kendrys for E3 is that Justin Smoak is going to be playing on the regular barring another addition. Fuck that.

Going for Reddick to replace Bautista is nice.

How the heck is Justin Smoak still in the majors? 7 years in, he's a career .223 hitter with not much power. Good grief. 

36 minutes ago, Tabe said:

How the heck is Justin Smoak still in the majors? 7 years in, he's a career .223 hitter with not much power. Good grief. 

Because GMs think every switch hitting 1B is gonna be like Mark Texiera

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Maybe we can slip Smock into a package to get Joey Votto?? One can dream lol

Hey - if the Jays are willing to eat Votto's contract, the Reds would consider it

I like that move for the Mariners. They gave up Paul Blackburn (who they got from the Cubs along with Vogelbach). Valencia obviously won't be playing a lot of 3B but between 1B and OF the Mariners will get him plenty of at bats

20 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Because GMs think every switch hitting 1B is gonna be like Mark Texiera

There are better first basemen to strive to be than Mark Teixeria. Sure, the power and the gold glove defense was great. What wasn't? The strikeouts, the refusal to adjust to the shift, and the laundry list of injuries. I appreciate what Tex did for the Yankees when he was healthy and productive and I appreciate his contributions to 2009, but I'm glad to see him go. The Yankees started this youth movement a few years later than they should have. 

On 12/11/2016 at 10:23 AM, Infinit said:

Maybe we can slip Smock into a package to get Joey Votto?? One can dream lol

The Votto to Toronto talk will never cease even though Joey said he would probably veto any deal out of Cincinnati. Toronto wants Cincinnati to pay a chunk of his salary too which they won't do

The only person there isn't a report saying they are rejecting the QO on is Jeremy Hellickson

Last report was from the 9th saying he was "leaning towards" rejecting it

Brian McCann traded to the Stros

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/11/astros-acquire-brian-mccann.html

I have misplaced my pants

EDIT - 

The Astros have acquired catcher Brian McCann from the Yankees, per team announcements. Prospects Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman will head back in return. Yanks will pay 5.5 Million the next two years