DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

They're fucking stalling.

All that shit with Bron at Craster's and the impeding Jon save. They're just stalling. Which is fine though because it seems fun, but all the Wall's stuff is already so different from the books so who knows what comes next.

Jaime and Brianne's scene was super tasteful and touching, everything that last week's rape fest was not.

DAT ENDING WAS THE HYPEST SHIT.

I know as an Unsullied I'm setting myself up for spoilers but I have to ask: What's the deal with that ending?

People seem to be going crazy for it but I just assumed that the babies were being turned into White Walkers from the time it was shown they were being taken.

I will send you a PM.  Prepare yourself.

And Holy Shit, that ending.  THEY'RE REALLY REAL, BITCHES~!

Ok, kudos to the showrunners for bring out stuff we haven't seen yet.

So, anyone else pick up that Locke there is played by the same guy who played Vargo Hoat?  

We might get Jon stabbed this season, since this whole Craster's Keep never happened.

Yeah, I am assuming that they will sub all of that shit with the White Walker threat.  That will be the reason Jon aligns himself with the Wildlings and end up getting got by the Watch.

So, anyone else pick up that Locke there is played by the same guy who played Vargo Hoat?

There was never a Vargo. They subbed Locke in for him, for whatever reason, because apparently he's their utility bad guy.

This really might have been the best episode to date. The way they were able to jump around these storylines was masterful. The scope of Mereen was beautiful. Those camera shots pointing up at the vertical city. Grey Worm had a coming out party with the acting. His delivery on "Always unsullied" was something.

The rape scene of last week seems even more out of place now as Jamie looked like a great guy this week. If that scene had played out differently I think people would be beginning to call him a good guy. Jamie vs Bronn II was another scene that had a tremendous location. That view as Bronn talked to Jamie was gourgous.

Talk about selling a heel. Karl put himself over as quite the villian last night. It's gonna be a feel good moment when Ghost chews his face off. I'm kind of digging Locke being thrown into Wall storyline. Tying the Wall to Bran and the Boltons is a smart move. Bran and Theon get the hate from fans so tying them into the Wall storyline makes sense.

Here's hoping we get more Littlefinger schooling Sansa going forward. Gonna be interesting to see how in depth they go with that storyline.

Lastly the ending. I echo what Will said, watching that ending I was thinking "I guess I'm unsullied now"

Also I think this writer/director combo is the best they got.

• Like 2

The rape scene of last week seems even more out of place now as Jamie looked like a great guy this week. If that scene had played out differently I think people would be beginning to call him a good guy. Jamie vs Bronn II was another scene that had a tremendous location. That view as Bronn talked to Jamie was gourgous.

Shades of grey man. If you are looking for true faces and heels, GoT isn't the place. I can probably come up with something bad for everyone.

Oh I know. I was talking about the average, casual viewer.

Gotta say I'm pretty excited for the throwdown at Caster's. I would assume that's next week. Also as someone with a baby boy at home Karl threatening to stab the baby then Rast leaving the lil dude out in the snow was brutal. I usually don't feel feelings dammit.

The changes and additions they made in yesterday's episode were fantastic. I do wonder however how much this will change the Stannis/Jon/wildlings arc, as I really enjoyed it in the books. I hope they don't jump the gun on Jon getting temporarily got.

I know as an Unsullied I'm setting myself up for spoilers but I have to ask: What's the deal with that ending?

People seem to be going crazy for it but I just assumed that the babies were being turned into White Walkers from the time it was shown they were being taken.

While that's long been assumed and even inferred from certain passages in the published material, the books have not yet gotten around to confirming it/showing us.

It's less the reveal itself and more that scene being a milestone signifying the show is now -- at least in some arcs -- getting ahead of the books.  Which means we don't totally know what's coming anymore, either.

I think this may be the episode where we look back and realize that this is where the books and the TV show diverged.  Almost everything that happened last night was show exclusive, and I'm skeptical about some of the changes.  Why do Bran and company need to be at Craster's Keep?  I don't understand why Sam told Jon they were alive.  I don't understand why, or how for that matter, the deserters have Ghost in a cage.  I don't get why Bran would insist on going to a place full of rapists and killers when the only person who could defend them is a 12-year-old girl.  All of this is just made up stuff that isn't nearly as fun as having a zombie riding a fucking undead elk, so why bother changing it.  The Other taking the baby to Otherland was cool, but are they going to follow up on this or is this just crazy shit to explain something that didn't really need explaining.

• Like 1

Well Bran didn't know Crasters was filled rapists and killers until it was to late. This detour doesn't close the door on Cold Hands at all. I think this is just slowing down Brans story and adding some much needed excitement. Plus I think we'll get the feel good moment of Jon and Bran temporarily reconnecting.

• Like 1

We didn't need yet another season of Team Bran just walking, even if Coldhands showed up to walk with them. Good lord, no more walking. The capture gives them an actual action to play instead of just more 'man its cold and wouldn't it be rad if we had food?'

• Like 1

I am struck by many questions with the baby being turned into a white walker.

1.  If there's a baby white walker, then that baby has to grow up, right?  That means newborn white walker.  toddler white walker.  kid white walker.  Sullen teenager white walker (You're not my real dad!).  

2. Is there a white walker babysitter?  Daycare?  Momma White Walker?  

3. If that's there only means of reproducing, no wonder it's taken so long to get their army together to march down south and lay waste to everyone.  

So according the official synopsis of the episode released by HBO, the White Walker at the end that turns the baby... is The Night's King. Holy shit.

http://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-white-walker-king-babies-oathkeeper/

So, the Other that went off and retreived the baby, riding the undead elk, is totally Coldhands, right?

Three-eyed Crow is Bloodraven, and we're gonna get Targaryen's vs. Stark's as the final showdown, right?

So according the official synopsis of the episode released by HBO, the White Walker at the end that turns the baby... is The Night's King. Holy shit.

http://screencrush.com/game-of-thrones-white-walker-king-babies-oathkeeper/

So, the Other that went off and retreived the baby, riding the undead elk, is totally Coldhands, right?

Three-eyed Crow is Bloodraven, and we're gonna get Targaryen's vs. Stark's as the final showdown, right?

I don't think that is Coldhands, and I'm also pretty sure that wasn't an elk.  Coldhands was clearly not alligned with the Others in the books, but he is delivering babies to them like Domino's on the show. 

Why is everyone so sure that The Night's King is a Stark all of a sudden?  He very well could be, I just don't see why everyone is so sure about it based on the end of this episode. 

I heard a super compelling theory about Roose Bolton being the Night King's son about 2 weeks ago, and here they go shooting it in the foot before I can post it in this goofy internet thread.

Its *possible* The Night's King is a Stark, but its only speculated because Bran said he might be, and usually when tidbits like that are dropped in the story, they turn out to be at least partially true.  I know the Night's King is turning babies, but do we *know* those 14 Others are associated with the army marching on the Wall?  Like, there could be two sets, maybe, perhaps?  Would make sense if that really was Coldhands delievering the baby.  

Or we're just gonna get the 14 Chief Others vs the 3 Targaryen's on Dragons with the outside possible 4th doing something else.