DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Hah, imagine if we got the scene that happened 5 minutes later where everyone is really psyched for their new destiny until they realize they are broke as a motherfuckin Joe.

As for who's next I'm going to go with:

Jorah:  There are waaaay more in Deanarys' boy band right now than needs be and he is the one people would feel the most as a loss.

The Hound:  No one Arya is with stays around very long.  They either pass her off or get offed.  The Hound has imparted his lessons, and this last week's may be the last one.  She's learned what there is to learn from him.  So sadly, either they part ways and he rides off or he gets one of those annoyingly ignoble and small deaths (like Kahl Drogo).

I feel like The Hound is being telegraphed as that guy who will have one last shot at some shitty redemption before getting killed, probably this season. Jorah was treading water even before Bango Tango and Barack Obama showed up. I think he sticks around and does something crazy like kills one of those young bloods out of jealousy.

I think this season is Lannister pruning. Cersei or Tywin are my 1 and 2 on my death watch. Cersei's lost pretty much everything, and her game has sucked major nuts so far. So either she goes or Tywin goes and she tries to be the new master mind of the family and fails miserably. Either works.

I feel like The Hound is being telegraphed as that guy who will have one last shot at some shitty redemption before getting killed, probably this season. Jorah was treading water even before Bango Tango and Barack Obama showed up. I think he sticks around and does something crazy like kills one of those young bloods out of jealousy.

I think this season is Lannister pruning. Cersei or Tywin are my 1 and 2 on my death watch. Cersei's lost pretty much everything, and her game has sucked major nuts so far. So either she goes or Tywin goes and she tries to be the new master mind of the family and fails miserably. Either works.

That show seems to like deaths that lead to a swirl of reactions anc counter-reactions.

Cersei is a force of chaos.  Tywin is a force of order.  By that reckoning, Tywin should die before Cersei.  Her death would actually settle things down.  Tywin's would completely upend everything.

The Hound is doomed.  Being Arya's buddy is about as rewarding and survivable as being Clint Eastwood's partner or Charles Bronson's girl.

Something has to go wrong for Deanarys at some point.  She's like Google...cute and filled with ideals when she's a startup, but she'll go from "Don't be evil" to "We own the electricity in your brain and will be installing a toolbar in your eyesocket while you sleep."

• Like 1

Out of all the frozen fucks in the world, what the fuck was that one at the end?

I'm wondering if there is some weird complimentary parallel-but-opposite thing between the beginning, with the talk of being taken from home as a baby and made a slave, and the White Walker thing...except, like, they take you from home and make you a Prince or something?

Also is Craster's Keep built on the old grounds of the Overlook Hotel because every mofo who shows up there goes the full Torrance.

Quality heel promo by Karl THE LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY btw.  Drinking out of Mormont's skull was tremendous.  On a show with 3578463243389 characters, that's how you make your name stand out.

I can't help but think it is Beavis and Butthead sending messages to Bran:

Hey, you know that kid who can't walk?  And that other kid that has a seizure every time he gets nervous?  And that really dimwitted gentle giant who's really easy to confuse?  Let's, like, tell them to go to the most dangerous place in the world, and take along that one kid's little sister, and see if they do it.

cool....yeah...but...um...are they that dumb?

One of them's a Stark.

Yeah...heh....Yeah yeah!!!!

Eating them or turning them into White Walkers. Much like anything else White Walker related though, I'm sure they won't touch on our frozen zombie friends for another season.

Shame they cut the scene after Margaery left Tommens room. Ser Boros pops his head in only to find the young king rubbing one out.

Grandma Tyrell telling Margaery how she power fucked her husband into marriage was pretty gross.

I thought the whole episode was weak, it was without a doubt one of my least favorite the show has done. Tons of cheap looking CGI, predictable plot reveals, heavy handed music cues, and a whole lot of nothing interesting going on. Also the Jaime/Cersei scene from the last episode is leaving a very sour taste in my mouth as the writers don't seem like they have an intention to follow up on it either way.

The highlight by far was Brienne being set loose on the world with a new set of armor and a Valyrian steel sword, which felt like the equivalent to handing Bullseye a bazooka. I sincerely doubt anyone can stand up to her one on one at this point.

Anything involving Jamie last night was great, his interactions with Cersei, Bronn, Tyrion and Brienne were just excellent. Besides that, it felt like a pretty uneventful episode compared to the first three. 

Also:

IEVaULq.png

• Like 3

I did an audible "Yeah!" when Pod showed up. This show could become so many other things that would be awesome. I would watch the shit out of a Jamie/Brienne/Pod show, just wandering the land, trying to survive, getting into wacky adventures.

Quality heel promo by Karl THE LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY btw.  Drinking out of Mormont's skull was tremendous.  On a show with 3578463243389 characters, that's how you make your name stand out.

I dunno, to me he seemed like your generic, unhinged evil villain type. I had trouble really caring about what he was doing at all, as he seems set up to be a one-dimensional baddie for Jon Snow to kill when he gets to Craster's Keep.

The episode ending didn't do much for me either. We've had enough White Walker build-up, unless the writers actually intend on paying any of it off soon. And the big "reveal" was pretty obvious.

I did an audible "Yeah!" when Pod showed up. This show could become so many other things that would be awesome. I would watch the shit out of a Jamie/Brienne/Pod show, just wandering the land, trying to survive, getting into wacky adventures.

I don't know how closely you've been watching this one show called Game of SOmething Something...but if by "wacky adventures" you mean "Pod has the shit raped and dismembered and murdered and flayed and burned and rat-eaten and crucified and chopped up and eaten and sold into slavery and leeched out of him by every single person and thing that lives outside of King's Landing" then that could happen.

The guy is so doomed.

I wish they would give Ser Friend Zone and Dany better dialogue because it would make me care more about the One Nation Under a Slave Liberation Groove Tour. Jorah is all setups while Dany just kinda knocks em down. The first two seasons, it was quite tolerable. Now we're approaching groan inducing. He's not much of an advisor as she decides to do what she wants to do while he sternly disagrees yet obeys.