DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

I would like to formally request someone make a Tyrion video with the Imagine Dragons Daniel Bryan song:

A MONSTER A MONSTER...HE'S TURNED INTO A MONSTER!!!!

I fear this is the beginning of what I've always feared.  That Shae thing broke Tyrion and he's going to become like everyone else in Westeros.  They might be gutting the conscience of this show.  I've been dreading that even more than him dying.  It would be worse for my heart at least.

At the very least he's going to be a Stone Cold Tweener.

• Like 2

Awesome episode tonight. Great to see Varys back and playing Littlefinger V2, loved Davaos and Tyrion was phenomenal as always. Reek was very good as well. They hit this one out of the park. I don't read the books but things are coming to a head and I know we got some huge eps coming up soon.

Like wrestling it's not the wars or the big bumps that make things exciting but the drama/story behind it and this ep had tons of that.

The end of the Varys/Oberyn scene was the Westeros equivalent of pointing at the Wrestlemania sign.

Was I missing Vary's point?  It seemed like it was just that..."I want power."  So I was kind of annoyed at how obviously flawed his logic was, unless I was missing his point. When he talked about having no desire, I was kind of hoping he was going for something altruistic, like for the good of the world...bringing some sense of sanity to the Kingdom.  But the way it played was:

"I find that having no desire leaves room for other things."

"Like what?"

[gestures to indicate an insatiable desire for power and vengeance on those who have wronged him...which is, you know, pretty normal DESIREE STUFDFFF!]

Or did he mean the throne meant something more abstract, like "order" or something?

I don't think it was the dogs who ran the Ironborn off. I think it was the realization that Theon was a lost cause and wasn't worth any more bloodshed at the current time. 

And the Alarm Bells going off, meaning it was about to be (roughly) 5 to 1 the other way with their exit route cut off.

Remember when she tried to get Theon to leave Winterfell in Season 2?  Same thing again.  She can't save him if he won't save himself.

This episode was full of badassery...

Oberyn Martell does not give a fuck, and he flaunts it in the most not giving a fuck way possible.  I loved the small council scene where he didn't stand when Tywin entered.  He didn't even think about standing, it never even occured to him that standing up was a possibility.  His choice of posture was also amazing.  The Red Viper of Dorne has lived up to each and every one of my expectations.

Do you Unsullied folks appreciate the low key awesomeness of Ser Davos Seaworth?  Stannis is not the most likeable guy, in the books he has a dark/dry sense of humor, but Davos is a fucking boss.  He is compeltely devoted to Stannis' cause and Liam Cunningham kills every scene he is in.  Stannis is sitting there not suffering fools, and Davos comes through in the clutch.  The only thing I didn't really like is that Stannis doesn't seem to have much of a voice on the show, he seems to just follow Melissandre and Davos.  Stannis in the books is basically the most hard headed, stubborn, inflexible person who will listen to Melissandre and Davos, but does it reluctantly.  The thing I think they miss the most with him is his motivation, he doesn't want to be king because he wants to rule, he wants to be king because he is the rightful king.  He is much more insulted that people deny his right as king than he would be happy to be king. He suffers no fools or usurpers. 

Tyrion should win every award for this episode.  That final speech when he just said, fuck this shit I'm not putting up with this shit any more, may be my favorite TV performance ever.  He hit a fucking walk off grand slam in game 7 of the World Series with that one.

• Like 4

Dinklage ain't winning shit if he comes up against the McConaughey

Dinklage has submitted as a supporting actor every year. If he continues to do so this year, he won't come up against McConaughey or Cranston.

His main competition will be Aaron Paul.

Dinklage has submitted as a supporting actor every year. If he continues to do so this year, he won't come up against McConaughey or Cranston.

His main competition will be Aaron Paul.

And that shouldn't be an issue.  That performance right thur destroys anything that aaron paul did in the last season of breaking bad.

Dinklage ain't winning shit if he comes up against the McConaughey

FSW doesn't think before he hits the Post/Add Reply button. Forgive him.

Harrelson has no chance. He did good work with a horrible, thankless part, but it was mostly unheralded and little loved.

Right now, it's Dinklage and Paul and everybody else. Paul is an Emmy darling (won 2 out of the 4 times he's been nominated) and he'll be riding the wave of BREAKING BAD euphoria in that show's final year of eligibility. He'll be tough to beat.

1) People will likely vote Paul mainly out of sympathy for Jessie.  That's twisted but I think true

2) Dinklage isn't done yet.  It seems he'll be the center of the next few episodes.  That promo was both a payoff and a promise.  HE'S TURNED INTO A MONSTER!!!!!  AND IT KEEPS  GETTING STRONGER!!!