DVDVR Message Board

Olympics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

15 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Also, I have to say. The 10 meter diving tower is still, and always, utterly fucking terrifying. I'm not sure you could pay me to climb up and jump off one.

Only need to have seen 1 guy hit his head once to expect it every single dive.

And I'm not bothering to screen shot this one, but it's already becoming a wiki fight

Lilly King (born February 10, 1997) is a U.S. competition swimmer who specializes inbreaststroke. She won the 100 meter breaststroke at the 2016 Rio Olympics. She did it with no class or sportsmanship.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Also, I have to say. The 10 meter diving tower is still, and always, utterly fucking terrifying. I'm not sure you could pay me to climb up and jump off one.

When I was young and dumb (as opposed to old and prone to bad judgement), I used to jump off that thing, cannonball style. Diving, not a chance.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Only need to have seen 1 guy hit his head once to expect it every single dive.

Happened to Steele Johnson when he was 12... apparently tore his scalp in half and almost ended his life. Enjoy that visual. 

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Happened to Steele Johnson when he was 12... apparently tore his scalp in half and almost ended his life. Enjoy that visual. 

When did Louganis crack his head? 88? 92? Thats the one i remember.

8 hours ago, Death From Above said:

This is also amazing, in different ways.

Just for the sake of clarity - that's not from the Olympics

Not that it still doesn't make me laugh.

• Like 1

The part where they are talking at the end translates to:

"Hey, Beavis, can you believe security is so weak at these things. We should have been doing this for years!"

"Heheheh...now we need to find this John Candy guy and pitch our movie idea.hhhhehehehee."

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

For all the jokes about Michael Phelps and being a pot head, it is clear that you do not want to fuck with him at game time.  That Chad Le Clos swimmer tried all sorts of tactics to get Phelps nervous (even shadow boxing in front of him) and he just gave him a look that would have made Miz Girl crap herself.

Until he brings out a dwarf Michael Phelps with a bong and a bag of Cheetos  he hasn't tried everything. 

From the little I have watched this year, I have to think playing water polo is one of the toughest in terms of cardio.  it looks like an easy game since kids and adults have played it at local swimming pools all the time but imagine doing all of that in 10 - 15 feet of water with tons of contact and I believe a shot clock