DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Phase III Movie Discussion Thread

RIPPA

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:20 AM, Casey said:

if you get a writing credit, then everyone on the internet should, because it’s been talked about ever since Age of Ultron that Thanos is going to yank that gem out of his forehead.

Casey never lets me have any fun..

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I don't know about other regions, but in the US, I just noticed on Netflix that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 got added. Just a heads up.

Civil War is still there.  Excellent movie.  Couple flaws here and there but it's pretty great.   I haven't seen Thor yet and I imagine this probably wasn't discussed in that movie,  but I believe the last time we see Cap, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc..  is when they break out and are Rogue Avengers?  I really need to watch from the beginning again before May. 

4 hours ago, Casey said:

I don't know about other regions, but in the US, I just noticed on Netflix that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 got added. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. We're watching now.

I was too hard on Drax. I blame the trailers.

On 11/30/2017 at 2:20 AM, Casey said:

@J.T. if you get a writing credit, then everyone on the internet should, because it’s been talked about ever since Age of Ultron that Thanos is going to yank that gem out of his forehead. Whether he dies or not is the question - I’m thinking yes, which causes Wanda to go bananas and rip reality in half, and that’s where Avengers 4 starts

Wait, so the scuttlebutt is that Avengers 4 is just going to be House of M Lite?

That's weird.

Or, they're figuring (perhaps correctly) that no one paid attention to Season 4 of Agents of SHIELD, since that was...drumroll...House of M Lite. Or maybe more like House of M "Code Red".

23 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Civil War is still there.  Excellent movie.  Couple flaws here and there but it's pretty great.   I haven't seen Thor yet and I imagine this probably wasn't discussed in that movie,  but I believe the last time we see Cap, Falcon, Hawkeye, etc..  is when they break out and are Rogue Avengers?  I really need to watch from the beginning again before May. 

I watched Civil War a few days ago because it's been awhile and I also couldn't remember what Cap was up to the last time we saw him. Civil War ends with Cap and Bucky being hidden on Wakanda by T'Challa. I'd assume they have to show up at some point in the Black Panther movie. 

18 hours ago, Casey said:

The Framework isn't House of M Lite. Like, at all. It's basically immersive virtual reality.

Only it was House of M.

Ada - Wanda

Dr. Whatshisface - Magneto

Coulson, May, Fitz - Cap, Carol, and everyone who didn't know what was going on

Skye, Simmons - Spidey/Logan/Layla, aware of how twisted up everything was and working to pull people out of it

The whole message of the arc plot is, "Everyone gets what they want, but the world is a nightmare when your wishes come true," which is also one of the biggest underlying themes of House of M. C'mon.

Big and deserved praise by Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige about Chris Evans:

During a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige was asked about the past, present, and future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and it didn't take much time until talk turned to some of the difficulties which came with assembling The Avengers. Chief among them was finding Captain America and Feige kicked off by reflecting on bringing Chris Evans to the MCU. 

"Casting Captain America was super hard. I started to think, “Are we not going to be able to find Captain America, and if we can’t, what are we going to do with Avengers? Is the whole thing going to fall apart?” And, then, finally opening ourselves up to Chris Evans, who we had initially sort of just looked past because he was Johnny Storm in a Fantastic Four franchise. Then, bringing him in and showing him the artwork, showing him what was happening in this movie, and he took a weekend to decide." That's right, he actually left Marvel hanging an entire weekend while he thought it over!

"He’s a reluctant star," Feige continued, "but I think he’s become—and I’ve said this to him—for as amazing as all of our actors are at embodying these characters, every single one of them, he’s one that reminds me, alongside Christopher Reeve, as just like 'these are the characters.'" That's high praise indeed and he went on to explain how the actor has come to embody the character he plays.

"I think he’s a great actor, and I think he can do whatever he wants to do, but even when you look at his Twitter account and taking a stand on things, it’s like, “Is he becoming Captain America?” Which I think is great. People forget that we started filming Avengers before either Thor or Captain America were released. What if people hated Thor? What if people thought Loki was ridiculous? What if people didn’t buy this super soldier frozen in ice? We were in the first quarter of production on a giant movie at that time, and we weren’t going to stop. It was sort of all in at that point."

On 12/8/2017 at 10:34 AM, The Natural said:

One last Captain America GIF. Best dialogue in all the MCU:

f1bc48f3d2bb7669a465352b9809cecad5c16c8f_hq.gif

Good call, but I'd give an edge to

Tony: We're the Avengers. We can bust arm's dealers all the live-long day. But that up there, that's... that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?

Steve: Together.

Tony: We'll lose.

Steve: Then we'll do that together too. 

I vaguely recall them using that at the start of an Infinity War tease at some convention recently (probably D23). It got my blood pumping. 

• Like 1