DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

9 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I still like Dean and think he should be the one being pushed at the top, he can be good in the ring and a good promo. His match at Roadblock with HHH was probably better than anything on Mania other than the Women's Title match and maybe the Ladder match. But he can be so annoying with his gimmick sometimes that it's distracting. I thought he did his best to look good against Brock too but the layout of Brock's matches have become such a hindrance to getting anyone but Brock over.

I agree with this.

I like Dean. I don't see the problem. His look is fine. His matches are good. He's the most over non-Cena face. He can talk. The only thing I'm seeing is that Vince doesn't have the mancrush on him like Reigns.

Someone please give me a good explanation as to why he's not the man.

14 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Can you really be a fan of a man who cannot start a chainsaw?  

I'm still a fan and  I'll give him a pass on the chainsaw. He need to prime the gas tank,  lock the blade in place, set the choke, step on the handle,  pull the start cord 3 times and then pull it one more time. 

Should have been an electric saw or weed eater instead. 

• Like 1

Ambrose is just not good. Hid promos are so goofy and cartoony, his seeking is mediocre at best, and his offense is fucking embarrassingly bad.  Christ, that was the worst ppv Brock match since Mania 29.

• Like 2

Seeing Dean come out with that (Was it Japanese writing? I was too bleary eyed to notice.) jacket, and combined with that long walkway, I realized that in a perfect world, he and Brock would've done the Onita/Chono Tokyo Dome entrance, to a T. My goodness, how boss would that have been? Oh well.  

**edit** For reference: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.H. said:

Can't decide if Steph was cosplaying as Janet Jackson on The Velvet Rope Tour or Queen of Bartertown

James

Last night during her promo I said, "Who run Bartertown?"

I got nothing in response, so thank you for this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ambrose is just not good. Hid promos are so goofy and cartoony, his seeking is mediocre at best, and his offense is fucking embarrassingly bad.  Christ, that was the worst ppv Brock match since Mania 29.

WWE is trying to market to kids. The fact that he's pulling off goofy and cartoony during the PG era is a positive . 

6 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Brock wasn't great. He really did nothing aside from suplexes. Them getting 15 mins or so without any real false finishes was what hurt the match.

Also, did anyone catch how badly Rock butchered his insult to Brown Strawbeeryman? "Looks like he's been breast feed since he was 26" instead of "was breastfed until he was 26."?

Lana and Steph looked hot.

Preshow matches felt like regular TV matches for the most part.

Ladder match was fun, though I'm personally burnt out on the multi-man schmozzes.  Ryder winning was a nice surprise.

Styles-Jericho was one of several cases where a good match was overshadowed by a questionable result.

I try to avoid going this mental route, but New Day really had their balls cut off there.  Was worried about Big E when he hit the floor after that spear through the ropes.

Womens' match was probably my favorite of the night.  I'm a total fanboy for Sasha and thought she had a great outing.  Charlotte's moonsault to the floor was pretty great as well.  Though the title should have changed hands, but oh well.

Hey, Ray Gordy got a WrestleMania moment.

Hey, Tatanka.  DDP.  All right.  I'm fine with Baron Corbin winning, though they could have hyped his participation beforehand or something.  He was one NXT guy who had the size to make an impact in a battle royal setting, unlike Itami who had a forgettable appearance last year.  God bless Bo Dallas.

Main event was...there.  HHH busted out some different stuff, particularly the neckbreaker off the table and the flying kneedrop with Roman in the ropes.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - Steph's outfit screamed "market to kids"

Have you seen the attire of some of the female characters in things marketed towards kids? Wonder Woman's attire was more risque than what Steph was wearing!

Dean's problem is that his gimmick doesn't really work in a company that doesn't allow blood or swearing or really anything that you need to portray an unhinged psycho. They have to compensate by just making him a cartoony caricature of an unhinged psycho. I'm not even sure if cartoony is a valid criticism of Dean since Creative is the one who scripts him to be that way. If you look at some of the outlandish stuff that he's been booked into since the Shield breakup, you'd see that he has taken some of the worst material imaginable and tried to make something out of it. 

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yes - Steph's outfit screamed "market to kids"

Good thing most kids watching at home were probably sleeping. Hell, most kids in the arena may have been sleeping by that point too.

• Like 1

Deans problem is he is just ok in the ring and doesn't scream main eventer. However, he is the only face that has been consistently over. This puts him in an odd situation. You put him too high on the card and it looks like he doesn’t belong. You put him too low on the card and he gets big face pops while your face main eventers get booed out of the building. 

I see Owens having similar issues. 

33 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm still a fan and  I'll give him a pass on the chainsaw. He need to prime the gas tank,  lock the blade in place, set the choke, step on the handle,  pull the start cord 3 times and then pull it one more time. 

Should have been an electric saw or weed eater instead. 

Maybe Finn forgot to fill the tank after he used it on Friday.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

Deans problem is he is just ok in the ring and doesn't scream main eventer. However, he is the only face that has been consistently over. This puts him in an odd situation. You put him too high on the card and it looks like he doesn’t belong. You put him too low on the card and he gets big face pops while your face main eventers get booed out of the building. 

I see Owens having similar issues. 

If WWE were smart, they'd position Owens/Zayn as their next big feud and have them be the HHH/Rock or Cena/Orton of this generation. 

It was a lot of fun live there were moments when the "wrong person" went over but I will say that after The Rock Cena segment the crowd was burnt the F out. We were there for 6 hours at that point and ended up being there for almost 7. 

I still can't get over the fact they had Styles, New Day, Ambrose, Sasha & Becky, and Shane all fail in 5 consecutive matches. Another thing that got me was they had 20 guys in the battle royal the fans couldn't give two shits about, and they had Shaq throw out the one guy that would get him booed. Somebody tell me they do this shit on purpose, and really aren't this clueless.