DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

That Brie Bella roll-through into the Yes! Lock was the best move on the whole show, which honestly, I can't believe that I'm saying. 

Also, props to Naomi for being a bump machine. In particular, she took an awesome bump on a missed crossbody into the ropes. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ChrisM said:

None of them had neckbeards, I'll give ya that. LOL!

Honestly, if Roman had lost, would you all be more positive? Every match was at least good. Some odd outcomes, yeah, but hey that's how it goes sometimes. Movies don't always have the endings we want, but that doesn't make them bad movies. 

No. The show, top to bottom, was terrible. The main sucked and told no story. Undertaker/Shane was fucking awful and just wouldn't end. Styles/Jericho was underwhelming as  all fuck. The only matches on the main show that could even have a case for "good" we're the women's match and the ladder match.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

I feel like the fact that no one has mentioned Owens trashing the Dusty Ladder in 7 pages is a travesty. THAT, kids, is heel commitment.

I said at the time that that was awesome. Don't blame me because "at the time" was a fucking week ago.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, piranesi said:

I've been through the endless chase of a smug heel with Seth Rollins.  There is a point where you just can't keep throwing the person everyone wants to win out there and not letting her win before everyone stops caring.

I have no idea what you are even saying.  Sasha should have won tonight, you are going to get less and less returns when she eventually does now.  A Sasha win would have been BADASS tonight, but WWE has no clue what BADASS means.  Actually, they do, and they are in denial, and that's why the Nakamura chants got muted.

Just now, El Dragon said:

Yes. The show, top to bottom, was terrible. The main sucked and told no story. Undertaker/Shane was fucking awful and just wouldn't end. Styles/Jericho was underwhelming as  all fuck. The only matches on the main show that could even have a case for "good" we're the women's match and the ladder match.

Hey, I disagree. But that's fine. Enjoy your night, bro. 

1 minute ago, ChrisM said:

None of them had neckbeards, I'll give ya that. LOL!

Honestly, if Roman had lost, would you all be more positive? Every match was at least good. Some odd outcomes, yeah, but hey that's how it goes sometimes. Movies don't always have the endings we want, but that doesn't make them bad movies. 

That's the thing.  Sometimes you know a match is going to be shitty but you hang in there to see what they finish will be because that might be fun to talk about.

This was so badly set up it didn't even have that.  I knew it was going to be the same match HHH has with everyone, but not quite as good because Roman can also only do one kind of match.  And that HHH's match, especially, only works well if the storyline behind it is dramatic because it's so based on pacing and character work...and none of that was going to matter here.  And everyone in the world already knew the finish was going to be one blah thing or the other and either way nothing was going to change.

There was literally nothing there to see other than "how do they try to stop the boooing."  The answer was: Literally make Steph a video game witch and then have Roman knock her out. And it still didn't work.

Just now, sydneybrown said:

I have no idea what you are even saying.  Sasha should have won tonight, you are going to get less and less returns when she eventually does now.  A Sasha win would have been BADASS tonight, but WWE has no clue what BADASS means.  Actually, they do, and they are in denial, and that's why the Nakamura chants got muted.

I'm pretty sure you two are agreeing. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Just like Manos, WM32 would have benefitted from the MST3K/Rifftrax treatment.

I like Manos more than I did most of this card, with or without Crooooooow.

Women's match was good but I hated the ending.

Ambrose was more annoying than usual, but perhaps that's because the barbed wire baseball bat reminded me I was missing The Walking Dead finale.

Nothing I can add to commentary about the tediousness of most of these matches that hasn't already been touched on by others, so I'll just say I wish all of you had had the same food options that I did where I watched. Homemade lasagna, and peanut butter cookie pops.

Oh, and can any of you tell me if the following commentary is really funny after Mania being so tiring:

"Says here Baron Corbin wears his dad's wedding ring around his neck."

"His dad must've had really big fingers."

Hey, 10 minutes after the Reigns match, we found it hysterical.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

I feel like the fact that no one has mentioned Owens trashing the Dusty Ladder in 7 pages is a travesty. THAT, kids, is heel commitment.

It's also a travesty that nobody has mentioned Hard Times being on the back of Stardust's gear. That was a great touch along with the polka dots. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

I think we're agreeing with each other.  She should have won.  But clearly they are going to do an endless chase with screw job after screw job like it worked so well with Seth as heel champion.

Just now, piranesi said:

I think we're agreeing with each other.  She should have won.  But clearly they are going to do an endless chase with screw job after screw job like it worked so well with Seth as heel champion.

Just like with Becky.

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I missed the preshow and have no desire to ever revisit this show again, so - how was Lana in-ring? Terrible like I suspect?

She did the typical start-up spots. Awkward kicks. That's about it. Nothing terribly offensive. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Casey said:

I missed the preshow and have no desire to ever revisit this show again, so - how was Lana in-ring? Terrible like I suspect?

Not good, but I barely noticed because 1) her butt was hanging out of her outfit and 2) she kept switching between her bad Russian accent and a weird Southern-ish twang which I guess is her IRL? 

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think she was in 30 seconds, blew one of the three moves she had and the early audience let her know about it.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

It was that, the NXT chant, etc. All the boos would quickly turn into the crowd murmuring. Someone on twitter posted a live video and its so different from the broadcast. 

They erupted into a big "Ole'" chant also.  So, is 100,000 (or 85,000) enough of a sample size of wrestling fans for ANYONE to realize who is over and who isn't? I think it's more than enough.  WWE is so lost.

So special entrances:

There weren't many, really

1) Sasha

2) Booty-Os

3) Charlotte

4) Whatever sick fetish HHH and Steph have going on there that's some cross between Jessica Hahn in a Sam Kinison video and an Italian SS camp movie

• Like 5