DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

14 minutes ago, Sublime said:

It was strange that Foley looked the best out of the three legends, the Austin description above is pretty spot on and Michaels has aged alot since retiring. Foley looked the best he has in years, maybe decades.

You must be talking strictly about facial appearance right? Because Michaels looked to be in his best shape since probably 1996.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I still love that Michaels came out in his gear

I was really picking apart the idea he was just walking around backstage in his chaps in case someone got on the mic and talked shit. Boy did The Rock's tear away pants make me feel stupid.

But if I was Michaels and I still looked like that I'd be out in my gear too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Rock and Michaels simply understand the adage of ALWAYS bringing your ring gear, because you never know.

The Dennis Stamp Doctrine...

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

*Snip*

That's generally what I do now. I stopped trying with WWE in 2014 and am saner for doing so. I watch the PPVs and will catch the highly regarded matches from elsewhere after the fact. I was just surprised with how poorly they made everybody that could actually help the company on a regular basis. They've been doing it for years but last night was like they wanted to prove CM Punk's criticisms weren't harsh enough. Like, who the fuck laid out the Ambrose/Lesnar match and why do they hate Dean so? Even for them, the entire show was really poor barring the ladder match, Rusev selling the stunner, Shane almost dying, and the women's match. Just abysmal stuff. I had similarly low expectations for last year's Mania and it turned out to be surprisingly fun. The one thing I was really, really hoping for, more than Ambrose looking like a tough sum'bitch in defeat, more than the women having a great match or anything else, was for Rodney and Pete Gas to show up and stooge it up. That honestly would've made it worth it for me. They saw the reaction the goofy nostalgia acts got during last year's bloated smoke and mirrors old man match and we got nothing during this year's other than the fall (which was fucking scary and amazing). I NEEDS ME SOME PETE GAS HAVING NO NECK BUT STILL GETTING CHOKESLAMMED!

01-1830.jpg

COME BACK! SAVE US!

Rock's segment SHOULD be the catalyst for Bray's babyface turn. The one use of HHH that people actually seem interested in is versus Bray so maybe have Strowman become the Authority's bodyguard and have Bray go solo.

Vitor Michaels was definitely interesting. He was never in that shape once during his entire comeback.

Just now, Charlie M. said:

Rock's segment SHOULD be the catalyst for Bray's babyface turn. The one use of HHH that people actually seem interested in is versus Bray so maybe have Strowman become the Authority's bodyguard and have Bray go solo.

Vitor Michaels was definitely interesting. He was never in that shape once during his entire comeback.

I almost wonder if the plan was for Rock to just destroy Bray and either someone got in his ear, or he made the decision himself that it was fucking stupid, so he did some putting over of Bray to try to not completely kill him. I mean, what are they gonna do, turn off the Rocks mic in the middle of Wrestlemania.

27 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

I don't know, man. Foley was still walking like a 75 year old man and Michaels looked pretty cut. Austin looked like the bouncer at a bar that features monthly darts tournaments.

I was speaking solely on total physical appearance and not movement or anything in-ring, Micheals still got a pretty good body but his face looks like it has been slowly melting since retirement but he looks like the guy who could still have a decent match if he wanted to.

I think Bray could use some time off, just take a few months off, go back to the promos from the woods, wait for Harper to get healthy and move forward. The only difference is there should be a pecking order with the Wyatts. Rowan can be the weakest link who does most of the jobs, Harper can beat up the lower guys (i.e. Stardust) but struggles against the mid-carders (Ziggler), Stroman is the big threat who can take out everyone below upper midcard level (i.e. Zayn) and Bray can take out pretty much everyone else, but struggles with the super top guys (Cena/Orton/Reigns). Make Bray Wyatt SNK Boss hard to beat.

5 hours ago, rzombie1988 said:

Really feels like Vince went out of his way to do things his way and remind us that none of the people we like are real stars.

Fair enough.  It's Vince's company and he's had a lot of success with it, so who am I to tell him who he should push or not.  

Om on the other hand, I would like to see new stars being made, so I guess I'll watch the  NCAA championship game tonight when it airs opposite RAW.

21 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

The one thing I was really, really hoping for, more than Ambrose looking like a tough sum'bitch in defeat, more than the women having a great match or anything else, was for Rodney and Pete Gas to show up and stooge it up. That honestly would've made it worth it for me. They saw the reaction the goofy nostalgia acts got during last year's bloated smoke and mirrors old man match and we got nothing during this year's other than the fall (which was fucking scary and amazing). I NEEDS ME SOME PETE GAS HAVING NO NECK BUT STILL GETTING CHOKESLAMMED!

01-1830.jpg

COME BACK! SAVE US!

He was even there.

24 minutes ago, piranesi said:

This makes me wanna remake MY BODYGUARD with Brock as Matt Dillon and Shaq (as the Shaq Genie) as Adam Baldwin.

I think the dude who played Dillon's bodyguard was Taz's deadbeat dad or something. That's why the little orange Lego bastard always had a chip on his shoulder; his father the shitty bodyguard abandoned him. I forget where I heard that.

I remember being at a Raw in 2000 or 2001 and seeing the Mean Street Posse in a dark match.  I got some REALLY weird looks when I cheered for the Posse winning.  (Quick check of historyofwwe.com reveals that it was June of 2000 with Joey Abs and Rodney beating the Dupps.)  I also remember them losing to jobbers on a syndie taping thanks to Kaientai's interference.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I think it was Snowden vs. all of us

Team Joyless Nitpicker

Is it wrong that I have no idea who Jonathan Snowden is, so I keep thinking that Edward Snowden is trying to pick a Twitter fight with us over not liking Mania?

I went back and re-watched the women's triple threat and there were only a couple missed spots. Sasha overshot on a sunset flip and Becky didn't quite get all of her dropkick. That was it. So I don't understand the people who are saying there were a ton of blown spots. It was a really good match with a great pace and everyone had awesome shit sprinkled throughout. I thought Sasha looked like a massive star. Becky looked great and got some nice cheers also and Charlotte was probably the best I've seen of her since her call up.  This was easily the match of the night unless you prefer the ladder match, I could see that.

• Like 2

I had a great time watching this with my friends. The only finishes that I didn't like were Jericho and LON winning. Biggest nitpick was someone not sweeping Becky Lynch's hat off the stage after it fell off 2 seconds into her entrance. The Boss shouldn't have to step over someone's hat. Also, you either have to take the Wyatt's off TV until Harper comes back or split them up. Poor Erick Rowan.

I went into the show looking more forward to tonight's Raw but considering the show was being held together by spit and duct tape, there wasn't a thing wrong with the in ring work and I was entertained.