DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLEMANIA 32 POST SHOW THREAD

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Trocar Slush Weasel said:

So, I'm sure a few people turned on their Decibel Meter apps at the show.  From my foggy memory and without forcing myself to watch the show back, was the biggest pop for Sami's entrance?

I would say Austin got the biggest pop.

3 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

If XXX was the show the fans booked and this was the show booked to take it back from the fans, what does that tell you?

Not much. It's not like fans are always right, either.

JR isn't saying that those fans were wrong to want Bryan, but there has to be a healthy medium.

• Like 1

I was saying to Matt last night, it's funny how Austin, the "biggest star in the history of the business" is part of a group legends comedy thing, while the guy that was always his number two behind him now gets his own twenty plus minutes to talk and gets paired up with the current top guy.

I mean, I know why it's happened, but it's odd from inside the wrestling bubble.

Has Dolph been tuning up the band before his super kicks or did he really do it for the first time on a show he knew Shawn would be on? 

At least next year it'll probably be Nak kicking everyone in the head in the IC title cluster match. 

WWE's more than welcome to do things however they want.  From a financial standpoint, WWE made a ton of money this weekend so they have zero reason to change anything.  My opinion on their shows is completely irrelevant, as is anyone else's.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Has Dolph been tuning up the band before his super kicks or did he really do it for the first time on a show he knew Shawn would be on?

In and out. He did it to beat Orton in the 2011 Survivor Series match and a fair bit when he was using it more as a finisher. It's been toned down since it became another nearfall deal moreso.

I still think him spamming DX finishers (Superkick, Fameasser, X Factor) is generally funny and got downright hilarious when it was against HHH at the Rumble.

I'm not saying it was a good idea or anything (because it wasn't, those screens were the only way some people could watch the show). But it's not like they were flashing a giant APPLAUSE graphic during the main event or prompting anyone to chant ALL RED EVERYTHING or something.

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I also was amused that Show and Shaq couldn't even be bothered to wait till they were off camera to start smoking and joking with each other

That was another face turn, it was subtle though. 

After another year of following WWE and this show, I think I finally understand what Sting feels like. 

27 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

That was another face turn, it was subtle though. 

After another year of following WWE and this show, I think I finally understand what Sting feels like. 

That Russians love their children too?

This show as harder to watch than MANOS: The Hands of Fate un-Mistied. I think I complained about every match, even the one match a genuinely liked (the women's match). If even half the people here liked the show then i'd feel like a grinch but it seems most everyone agrees this was just an awful Mania. Is this wrestling equivalent of Dawn of Justice?

James

49 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Even Sting isn't stupid enough to still be surprised when the RAW turns on him.  At this point, even he can see it coming.

12 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Even Sting isn't stupid enough to still be surprised when the RAW turns on him.  At this point, even he can see it coming.

My sanity lapsed into Joker Sting mode during WM. 

This show peaked with Kevin Owens death sell on that ladder and I got to see DDP do a diamond cutter one more time.

I kept checking my remote for the first 3/4 of that HIAC match to see if I was accidentally watching

it in slow-mo. I know Booger Red isn't the Best Pure Striker he once was and Shane was coming in with AT LEAST -50% cardio despite the announcers trying to hammer home that Shane was going to make the Undertaker go long

and blow up, Ha. One of his many great plans along with cutting the hiac open so he could get slammed through it...

Almost as bad as watching AJ lay around waiting for Jericho half the match.

I forgot about how stupid the bolt cutters were.

Seriously, you could have done the same thing without then. It would have been more impressive/surprising when they went through the cage. And what was Shane's plan, exactly? To get speared?

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

I forgot about how stupid the bolt cutters were.

Seriously, you could have done the same thing without then. It would have been more impressive/surprising when they went through the cage. And what was Shane's plan, exactly? To get speared?

If you are locked in a giant cage with a monster and you find a pair of bolt cutters it actually totally makes sense that you would use them to

SMASH HIM IN THE FACE AND KILL HIM!!!

• Like 3

Guest Edwin

Not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, but -- Ric Flair caught the first dive of career last night and I thought it was so timely awkward it waa hilarious.

I think it was his first...