DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

Nattie is okay in the ring I guess but I think AJ and Naomi are better. AJ can bump like hell and Naomi is a great athlete. Kaitlyn's spear is pretty good (AJ makes it look devastating) and she has improved quite a bit over the last year but she has a ways to go.

I'm not sure where all the Nattie love comes from, aside from her last name and her throwback Bret jackets. Lately her sharpshooter has been on par with Miz's figure four.
Her ass and tits helped when she was managing the Hart Dynasty.

HHH likes to do a lot of things, many of them piss all of us off, but one of those things he likes to do is lose at Wrestlemania to make someone (Cena, Batista, that Boreton guy, the original Vanilla Midget)

Yeah, he sure helped out Booker T, didn't he?

Well, there are a few ways to look at that.  One is that he learned some type of important lesson from that feud/match and then went on to lose 4 consecutive times to the gentleman I referenced in an attempt to "do what is best for business"

The other is that HHH is a racist that banged your mom.

• Like 5

If Booker T were to have won, what exactly would have happened to the course of WWE history?

Goldberg would have squashed Booker and no-one would have cared.

Yeah, pretty much that. I'm not a huge HHH fan at all but anyone he supposedly squashed wasn't exactly going to become the next Hulk Austin Rock.

Jeezus Christ there is a ton of hand-wringing going on in this thread. The biggest complaint anyone should have is Orton being waaaaay too complacent with playing second fiddle to HHH. However, he makes up for that with his new concern trolling act where he acts like he has to defend the WWE from having Daniel Bryan be the face of the company.

That right there should clue everyone in to where this angle is going. That is the setup. HHH builds interest in the Cena vs Daniel Bryan match by getting behind Daniel Bryan, but he doesn't expect him to win. When he does, cue the backup plan of installing another pretty face as champion by using Orton's Money in the Bank contract. HHH and Steph et al show that they really don't want this bearded troll as champion in fear of how embarrassing it would look with having Bryan be the face of the company. It means so much to them to avoid that embarrassment that they look past years of history with Orton to back him as their champion to maintain the status quo. To finish up the setup of this angle, they tell Bryan he will never be the face of the company and they put him in his place by way of using incredible numbers against him.

The body of this angle has been Bryan not backing down and returning for beating, after beating, after beating to show that it doesn't matter how much he gets beat down, he will keep coming until they kill him. The beatings on Daniel Bryan also serve as a message to the rest of the roster that there is a new sheriff in town and unlike Vince, he isn't going to pussyfoot around and threaten firings. He will break you and fire you at a time where being a wrestler matters most like they did with Rhodes. He will rip out your soul and emasculate you by forcing you to fight your buddy and point out to everyone else just how badly you're doing outside of wrestling. What is unspoken so far is that the majority of the WWE roster doesn't rise up because they don't want to get fired, they don't want to get beaten down and have their lives ruined, they just want to be a wrestler and not make waves. Deep down, they hope Bryan can make a difference, but really, they're the people on the sideline asking the police when enough is enough when the police use excessive violence to break up rallies, not being brave enough to stand up to the police themselves. Of course there is strength in numbers and hundreds of people could stand up to a small police force, but they don't. 

"The beatings will continue until morale improves" is the mantra here. Sooner or later, we're going to get our Daniel Bryan hulk-up moment where he goes bananas and doesn't stay down because you can't hurt him any worse than he has already been hurt. My thought is that this moment still occurs at the Chicago Raw later this month. That's only a few weeks away with a PPV along the way. If that Chicago Raw comes and goes without Daniel Bryan being booked strong against the new corporation, then I'll probably check out because the ultimate payoff just isn't going to be worth it. Until then, I understand where they're going with this angle and still enjoy it, but I'm starting to get a little suspicious as to the direction of this angle.

• Like 2

If we can still talk about fantasy booking, I saw someone post an idea on another board that I loved:

DBry gets screwed at Night of Champions, comes back and beats Orton at Hell In A Cell. Then it's Bryan, Show, Henry, Rhodes and Ziggles against Orton, HHH and The Shield at Survior Series. Something, something, something at Armageddon (is that still the Decemember PPV name?), HHH begrudgingly hires Lesnar to kill Bryan at the Rumble and Lesnar wins the title. Punk wins the Rumble. DBry still keeps being a thorn in HHH's side and he decides he's gonna end Bryan once and for all at WrestleMania.

So WrestleMania is Lesnar v. Punk for the WWE Championship, Bryan vs. Triple H and Undertaker vs. John Cena- Streak vs. Legacy. Cena can cut a promo about how his most recent injury put things into perspective for him and how he realizes his window might be getting ready to close and before it does, he wants to cement his legacy as the GOAT by being the only man to beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. Buyrates galore!!!

• Like 1

If Booker T were to have won, what exactly would have happened to the course of WWE history?

Most likely, HHH would have regained the belt at Backlash or Judgment Day. Booker is the only guy who has a win over Goldberg, that Goldberg never got back. Useless trivia

If we can still talk about fantasy booking, I saw someone post an idea on another board that I loved:

DBry gets screwed at Night of Champions, comes back and beats Orton at Hell In A Cell. Then it's Bryan, Show, Henry, Rhodes and Ziggles against Orton, HHH and The Shield at Survior Series. Something, something, something at Armageddon (is that still the Decemember PPV name?), HHH begrudgingly hires Lesnar to kill Bryan at the Rumble and Lesnar wins the title. Punk wins the Rumble. DBry still keeps being a thorn in HHH's side and he decides he's gonna end Bryan once and for all at WrestleMania.

So WrestleMania is Lesnar v. Punk for the WWE Championship, Bryan vs. Triple H and Undertaker vs. John Cena- Streak vs. Legacy. Cena can cut a promo about how his most recent injury put things into perspective for him and how he realizes his window might be getting ready to close and before it does, he wants to cement his legacy as the GOAT by being the only man to beat Undertaker at WrestleMania. Buyrates galore!!!

It has the flavor of reality in that a match with CM Punk and the WWE championship would be the 2nd or 3rd match on the card.

Most likely, HHH would have regained the belt at Backlash or Judgment Day. Booker is the only guy who has a win over Goldberg, that Goldberg never got back. Useless trivia

Totally Buff would like to have a word with you.

Chad Fortune?

Well, if we're masturbating fantasy booking....

Raw next week: Bryan demands a rematch with Big Show next week.  HHH gives it to him.  Bryan wins clean.  Orton comes out.  Bryan evades.

Night of Champions: Bryan seems to win in a false finish, but the match is restarted and Orton prevails by chicanery.

Battleground: If it's not WarGames, then it's a ten man gauntlet title match.  Orton, Bryan, the Shield, Big Show, Miz, Ziggler, Punk, Axel.  Bryan makes Show tap in the first match-up.  Beats Shield guy #1.  Beats Miz.  Beats Shield guy #2. Loses to Curtis Axel.  Axel beats Ziggler.  Axel loses to Punk.  Shield guy #3 wears down Punk.  Orton wins.

Hell in a Cell: Daniel Bryan must win against HHH or he is fired.  Special guest referee Brad Maddox.  Bryan pulls out the win.

Survivor Series: Team Daniel Bryan vs Team HHH.  If Team DB wins, they all get title matches.  Bryan gets a world title match, the Prime Time Players get a tag title match, someone gets a IC title shot, and Kane is there just because he wants to hurt people and back up his buddy.  Team HHH includes the Shield and a reluctant Big Show.  Meanwhile, Orton successfully defends against someone like Mark Henry or Dolph Ziggler.

TLC: Daniel Bryan faces Orton in a TLC match and prevails, knocking Orton out with a flying knee off of a ladder.

Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan defeats Orton in a rematch to definitively end their feud.  This may lead HHH to use the Rumble to find his next chosen one as the face of the WWE.

Elimination Chamber: HHH tries to stack the deck against Daniel Bryan, as the Shield and Orton are entrants in the match.

Wrestlemania: I don't know

Raw next week: Bryan demands a rematch with Big Show next week.  HHH gives it to him.  Bryan wins clean.  Orton comes out.  Bryan evades.

Night of Champions: Bryan seems to win in a false finish, but the match is restarted and Orton prevails by chicanery.

Battleground: If it's not WarGames, then it's a ten man gauntlet title match.  Orton, Bryan, the Shield, Big Show, Miz, Ziggler, Punk, Axel.  Bryan makes Show tap in the first match-up.  Beats Shield guy #1.  Beats Miz.  Beats Shield guy #2. Loses to Curtis Axel.  Axel beats Ziggler.  Axel loses to Punk.  Shield guy #3 wears down Punk.  Orton wins.

Hell in a Cell: Daniel Bryan must win against HHH or he is fired.  Special guest referee Brad Maddox.  Bryan pulls out the win.

Survivor Series: Team Daniel Bryan vs Team HHH.  If Team DB wins, they all get title matches.  Bryan gets a world title match, the Prime Time Players get a tag title match, someone gets a IC title shot, and Kane is there just because he wants to hurt people and back up his buddy.  Team HHH includes the Shield and a reluctant Big Show.  Meanwhile, Orton successfully defends against someone like Mark Henry or Dolph Ziggler.

TLC: Daniel Bryan faces Orton in a TLC match and prevails, knocking Orton out with a flying knee off of a ladder.

Royal Rumble: Daniel Bryan defeats Orton in a rematch to definitively end their feud.  This may lead HHH to use the Rumble to find his next chosen one as the face of the WWE.

Elimination Chamber: HHH tries to stack the deck against Daniel Bryan, as the Shield and Orton are entrants in the match.

If you're going to drag Bryan's title win out that long, I don't see why you don't just wait an extra month and have him win the Royal Rumble and get the title shot at Wrestlemania.

• Like 1

And what's wrong with being DDP/Luger?

Luger got his ass kicked by the nWo every week, begging the company's real "hero" to help him, then won the title for 5 days and eventually turned heel and joined the nWo.

I have a little higher expectations for Daniel Bryan than that.

I'm not saying that Booker should have won the feud, but you can't book a guy to be a racist heel and have him not get any comeuppance at all from the guy he's insulting.

I never got a racist vibe from all that. It came off to me like HhH and Flair were calling him a mid card guy from WcW who shouldn't be a World Champ and should be carrying their bags, like a job guy. I hated the whole "backstage politics" stuff and didn't even think about race. To me racist is Lawler saying he'llwet Kamala's lips and stick him on a wall . I get why people thought HHH/ Booker was racist , but I took it as burying WCW .

If you're going to drag Bryan's title win out that long, I don't see why you don't just wait an extra month and have him win the Royal Rumble and get the title shot at Wrestlemania.

Because I don't think I can sit through Orton being the champ until April instead of December.

Didn't they pin Buddy Lee Parker?

And what's wrong with being DDP/Luger?

Luger got his ass kicked by the nWo every week, begging the company's real "hero" to help him, then won the title for 5 days and eventually turned heel and joined the nWo.

I have a little higher expectations for Daniel Bryan than that.

Bryan will never be as big as 97 Luger. Who was pretty much the top active face in wrestling during a huge year. You can say Austin, but WWF was still second place. 

• Like 1

Jeezus Christ there is a ton of hand-wringing going on in this thread. The biggest complaint anyone should have is Orton being waaaaay too complacent with playing second fiddle to HHH.

Actually the biggest complaint anyone should have is that they just did an angle two years ago where the roster walked out en masse on HHH as COO when he wasn't being nearly the dick he is now.

• Like 2

Didn't they pin Buddy Lee Parker?

Nope. They pinned Goldberg after he got blinded by a plant in the crowd with mace.