DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

I remember HHH's 2000 was torn apart pretty savagely on the old board. Didnt it also lead to the 50 Dustin Rhodes matches better than HHH's best match subforum...or was that Lance Storm?

They tried, but were outed for making up horrendous lies and overrating anyone they possibly could to slam Hunter.

It ended in tears with dylanwaco's black soul separated across 7 horcruxes.

As already proven, Triple H in 2000 is pretty untouchable.

This was never proven.
Conclusively.

We can do this again. Nobody actually defended HHH. Not even you. You did what everyone who doesn't have an argument does... insult the poster, not the argument. 

People  (or I guess I should say Dylan) were rating 3 minute matches where literally nothing happened over Triple H vs. Foley at Royal Rumble. At what point does it become "okay so obviously what you like is WAAAY different than what I like so maybe it's best to move on..." ?

I actually like reading Dylan's reviews but when it comes to HHH...  I just shake my head because I have never seen him give the guy credit for anything, ever..  I would not be surprised to see him say Khali is a better worker than HHH.

As already proven, Triple H in 2000 is pretty untouchable.

This was never proven.
Conclusively.

We can do this again. Nobody actually defended HHH. Not even you. You did what everyone who doesn't have an argument does... insult the poster, not the argument. 

I asked dylan how CM Punk's 2008, a year in which he had maybe three good matches and spent most of the year hurt, was better than Hunter's 2000. He ignored that question so what was the point in even continuing? It was like one of those lists of "movies better than ______" where people pile on and pile on and all of a sudden mutants are seriously arguing that Captain America was a better movie than Pulp Fiction because a couple of shots were nicer and Cap is a more believable character than Vincent Vega.

I actually think this discussion is fine but lets give it its own thread.

I don't agree. People can't discuss Hunter objectively.

I was more interested in seeing how Orton's best work stacks up against Triple H's best.  These things do always turn into dissections of wrestlers that are super negative so I should have known better than to ask a question.

I was more interested in seeing how Orton's best work stacks up against Triple H's best.  These things do always turn into dissections of wrestlers that are super negative so I should have known better than to ask a question.

They are actually two similar guys in that their peaks are great. Difference is Hunter had (IMO) two clear peaks, and Orton only really had one, and a higher quality run beneath that level.

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about HHH except you. I want to see you actually examine his work and make a case FOR him. 

I don't give a shit what anyone else thinks about HHH except you. I want to see you actually examine his work and make a case FOR him. 

Well shit, I'll do it bit by bit. This actually works because I haven't seen much since I started rewatching 2000 WWF and got fixated on Steve Blackman instead of everything else.

• Like 1

I remember HHH's 2000 was torn apart pretty savagely on the old board. Didnt it also lead to the 50 Dustin Rhodes matches better than HHH's best match subforum...or was that Lance Storm?

They tried, but were outed for making up horrendous lies and overrating anyone they possibly could to slam Hunter.

I thought it ended when you pretended to be a life long Mark Henry fan to get your heat back?

• Like 1

People  (or I guess I should say Dylan) were rating 3 minute matches where literally nothing happened over Triple H vs. Foley at Royal Rumble. At what point does it become "okay so obviously what you like is WAAAY different than what I like so maybe it's best to move on..." ?

I actually like reading Dylan's reviews but when it comes to HHH...  I just shake my head because I have never seen him give the guy credit for anything, ever..  I would not be surprised to see him say Khali is a better worker than HHH.

I wish people wouldn't lie.  

I actually praised HHH v. Foley in that thread and rated no three minute match where literally nothing happened, but I do understand your life long love affair with HHH makes you incapable of honesty in this case

I thought it ended when you pretended to be a life long Mark Henry fan to get your heat back?

I didn't think you would stoop this low. You've brought shame on DVDVR.

If we ever see a "50 Lance Storm matches better than" anything on this board, I am going to assume that they sold the site either the Tea Party or that religion that Tom Cruise believes in

• Like 1