DVDVR Message Board

Labor Day Raw (2 September Raw for everyone else)

Dolfan in NYC

So someone explain to me what the point was of having Bryan be largely ineffectual against a not-fighting-back-yet Show, then have Show leave Bryan laying cleanly in the middle of the ring for the Shield to jump, followed by ages of weeping Big Show? I mean, as impressive as the crowd going mild for Orton's entrance into the ring was, (was that a boring chant?) I'm really failing to see how this leads to the big payoff.

Who got over there? Who's going to buy Night of Champions tonight? Let's hear from all those folks who've been saying how brilliant this angle's been.

So that ending was just mental, right?  Like if anyone who wasn't following closely tuned into the last 15 minutes, that must have seemed like the most bizarre sequence of events and character reactions.

This angle is being booked according to the Werner Herzog school of philosophical ecstasy (yes, I watched the TCM show about FRITZCARRALDO tonight)...Like, I could hear his voice:

"The giant has made the mistake of claiming humanity in the natural world, a world made up of only fornication and asphyxiation.  His folly is to believe in the fairy tale of morality that we learn as children so that our parents might sleep at night without fear that we will kill them.  The small bearded man has embraced the pain and the chaos that is the order of the world.  He will thrive and breathe deeply until his slaughter which will happen soon.  Which will suffer more?  Undoubtedly the giant."

• Like 13

I really like Show and I really like Bryan and I actually like how Steph and (god help me) even HHH have been in this angle for the most part, but my god did I hate that ending.  Just awful on every level.  I actually don't want to watch NOC now and I had been planning on actually buying it which I virtually never do.  The whole show sucked really other than Bully Ryback being awesome and Orton/Rhodes which was shockingly good