DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: KOTA IBUSHI vs. THE REVIVAL

MM16: 1st RD - KOTA IBUSHI vs. THE REVIVAL  

97 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

• KOTA IBUSHI
    • THE REVIVAL (Dash Wilder & Scott Dawson)

I like the Revival (liked them better as The Mechanics) but aren't 100% sold on them. They are fun i nthe ring but don't compel me to religiously watch them the same way the guys people compare them to other teams do. Ibushi is always fun but when you get him in there with the guy that makes him up his game he delivers at maximum effort!

Ibushi gets my vote

James

I'm sure Ibushi's going to run away with this because he's fucking awesome.  But Revival are sooooo damn good.  The way they work on a part is wonderful to watch, especially in big matches.  Also, I'm hoping Ibushi doesn't fall on his face with his freelance work.  It could in theory lead to him to him doing the cruserweight series, but it is strange that he just leaves two companies all of a sudden.

I like the Revival more than American Alpha, but both teams suffer from being better in theory than in practice. Neither of them have a bulk of really good matches (although I imagine the Revival/Alpha 2/3 falls matches on house shows are pretty good).

In all this fucking hipster NXT fans would actually fucking tape some of these AA/Revival matches - we wouldn't be as much of as a bind

Yeah, that's killing me to know that it's 2016 and there's not one bit of footage from the AA/Revial matches.  But just watch, they'll have their Takeover match and it'll be sensational.  Then come next year people will be going "Holy shit, I love those guys!  Yes, here's my vote!"  Sadly it's not there this year, but the future looks great for both of them.

My vote for Kota wasn't a vote AGAINST Dash & Dawson. I think they've been awesome, they've been refreshing.. but there's not a deep enough body of work right now.  I'd bet if they have a blow away awesome match next month it'd be huge for them but this isn't April Madness.  Kota was one of the best in the world before he went down.

I like Scott Dawson better than Ibushi. 

Actually, I think I might like Scott Dawson better than maybe all but five or six other guys right now. 

• Like 2

Are they REALLY called The Revival? I'm surprised they haven't been tabbed with circus-tent preacher gimmicks selling snake oil to the rubes...yet.

Ever since that name started floating around, I kept hoping for them to get some knock off CCR music because their current jam is shit.

• Like 1

In all this fucking hipster NXT fans would actually fucking tape some of these AA/Revival matches - we wouldn't be as much of as a bind

You'd think Fullsail being an art school, they'd have that shit on hand....but nooooooo.