DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Recaps 2-29-16

MGFanJay

This has to be the most recap-filled Raw in history. They even got into recapping stuff from SmackDown! That at least added some context to Show-Owens, which got both back on the 50/50 treadmill. There was no life on this show, even with Taker coming out to choke Vince and agree to destroy Shane because then then Vince might feel guilty...and then Vince said he'd cut shane out of the will if he lost and disown him. The show-closing stuff with HHH and Dean was good though - hopefully Dean gets the proper main event push he deserves this year.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/02/wwe-raw-2-29-16.html

Screens - 

83354b468556599.jpg 

f89bd9468556790.jpg

6767a4468556538.jpg 

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/o8vi91lv35o1qdfiagxgeh2866ljmpaa

The Becky-Sasha-Charlotte angle furthered by using the same finish as an NXT main event that aired just a few weeks ago.  

Brie Bella telling "jokes" about Rusev, while Renee Young overacts in the background by "trying" not to laugh.

Lana then coming out after Brie loses, which furthers...what, exactly?

Naomi continuing to do that "jump in place and throw my legs out in a motion that vaguely resembles kicking but doesn't look even close to making contact", week after week.

Stephanie somehow having the best promo on the show by default, because why the hell not?

Embarrassing.

No cap of the chick in the "Slap Nutz" shirt is a fail.

"Thanks." I gotta believe that was some brass ring grabbing shit, there.

HHH's face during the "Ambrose!" chants said, "Fuck, not this shit again?!??!"

• Like 1

Naomi looked great in her match again this week it's just that Brie can't keep up.  I'm glad Naomi won. She beat Paige last week. Maybe she gets into the title picture after Mania. 

Yeah, the ending to Becky and Sasha, I don't know I guess an agent saw it on NXT and thought "let's do that but this is RAW, so let's have it make no sense at all"

Umm one more thing, Why in the fuck does Undertaker want to bloody Shane other then for the payday? What a waste of time that was. Give me some insight, Deadman.

Looking for insight from WWE? I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

Becky/Sasha .. that ending ... can we pretend it never happened?

Yeah, I forgot about that. Was there ANY reason given - on commentary, in a promo, kayfabe or shoot - for Sasha falling backwards like that??

And the broadcast team trying to sell that they had NO CLUE what might happen to the #1 Contender spot ... when the exact same shit happened just a handful of months back between New Day, the Usos and Lucha Dragons ... was "Watch The Product" levels of embarrassing.

The jokes about the build to Ambrose/HHH at Mania are spot on. I really have no goddamn clue why the writers think any of this makes sense as far as helping Roman get over goes.

Is the idea of leaving Roman off the show supposed to help build towards his match? Cause since Dean is back after his whuppin that just makes Reigns look like a wuss.

Roman's injury is legit.  Got his nose fractured/dislocated last year during a house show with Sheamus, and apparently tried to work through it until he re-aggravated it during Fasstlane.

They still have time to do Triple H and Ambrose instead (not likely..) but that would leave Lesnar and Reigns with nothing going on.  They could fight one another but why and how do you explain away Roman being #1 contender.   Oh well.  I'm fine with Ambrose v. Lesnar but damn that main event is going to be ugly for Roman.

One year, WWE will stop booking from behind, trying to play catch up, and will get in front of this shit.

Or, better yet, just f'n commit to their booking decisions.

• Like 1

Ambrose/HHH at the March 12th show in Toronto for the title. Ambrose wins. Lesnar/Ambrose (No DQ) is now your main event. Nobody cares about HHH/Reigns, still, so everyone wins and you don't close out 'Mania with your "top babyface" being booed to all hell (or your top heel being cheered like crazy).