DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: JOHNNY GARGANO vs. TYLER BREEZE

RIPPA

MM16: 1st RD - JOHNNY GARGANO vs. TYLER BREEZE  

105 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

This poll is closed to new votes

I think I changed my mind on how I voted on my bracket, due to completely forgetting the Liger match was during this voting period.

Gargano will do better next year than this year.  Tyler Breeze probably won't.

• Like 1

Breeze has had great matches with Liger and Balor, but the current booking indicates that shit will never happen ever again so long as he remains on the main card.

Johnny Gargano OTOH keeps on pumping out the hits.

...so you're voting on your expectation of next year's performance?

The voting is all about this year.  Watch some Gargano like I did and figure the shit out on your own..  This year was bright and next year looks to be much better.

• Like 1

The voting is all about this year. Watch some Gargano like I did and figure the shit out on your own.. This year was bright and next year looks to be much better.

Ok Donald, don't get so offended at me responding to what you actually said.

I'm leaning towards Breeze but haven't voted yet.  I was super hyped to see Gargano in NXT, but something got lost in translation.  He seems too robotic in that he has a sequence and it has to be "I do this, then do this, then do this" and it didn't have a real flow to it.  I saw a couple Evolve matches but not as a heel.  I'll need to watch the videos above to see if it changes my mind.

I voted for Breeze. He doesn't have this catalog of great matches from the time period but a lot of that is situational. Breeze is a student of the game and always manages to work some things into his matches that show me how great he can truly be. He adjusts his approach depending on his opponent in a way that a lot of guys in WWE just don't bother to do.

He may never get the push he deserves in WWE but I think he'll be around for a long time because he'll be a guy that the wrestler "producers" appreciate.

The voting is all about this year. Watch some Gargano like I did and figure the shit out on your own.. This year was bright and next year looks to be much better.

Quit being an ass and I'll stop being offended by it. 

Now back to watching these matches.

Gargano had the worst "first appearance" of a WWE guy since Braden Walker.

Breeze has had zero opportunities on the main roster. Maybe he had some good Superstars stuff? 

I'll try to watch something here.

Breeze has had zero opportunities on the main roster. Maybe he had some good Superstars stuff? 

Here's a few that were good and were given some time:

vs. Swagger (Superstars 1/15 #353), vs. Titus (Superstars 1/29 #355), 8 Man Tag (Main Event 2/3 #175), Breeze/Stardust vs Neville/Ryder (Main Event 2/17 #177)

There are those Jack Swagger handhelds that I was saving at least one for his matchup

Quit being an ass and I'll stop being offended by it. 

Now back to watching these matches.

How are you already in raging asshat mode like three hours into this? I questioned you appearing to use weird criteria (i.e. not in the timeline) and your immediate response is to snottily assert that I haven't seen Gargano's matches? Chill the fuck out.

Maybe I am becoming a raging asshat because you continue to be a snarky dickwad whether it be wrasslin, video games, or otherwise? 

There is always some guy who has to play the internet tough guy renegade gimmick, I suppose.

March Madness: It's not for everyone. (PM sent. We'll get this shit out of the thread now)

Anyway, I like Breeze's NXT stuff better than Gargano's PWG work, but it's not a big gap, and I wouldn't argue with someone who leaned the other way. I do think that while Breeze can be forgiven for not being able to make more of the complete lack of anything he's been given on the MR (he's still had some good matches, like the triple threat with Ambrose and Ziggler,) I can't forgive Gargano for not having a better match with Samoa Joe, who's been a legit candidate for BITW as of late.

Solidarity vote with Tyler. Gargano is...fine, I guess, and probably has a deeper bench of quality matches due to his indy stuff and Tyler being cast into main roster oblivion, but Tyler's highs this year were considerably more enjoyable IMO.