DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. SAMI ZAYN

RIPPA

MM16: 1st RD - DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. SAMI ZAYN  

137 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Fuckin' Dolph Ziggler...

This motherfucker right here had a "Megadeath" patch on an acid wash jean vest that looked like it was purchased from Kohls. What a fucking poser. Dude has the most cringe worthy look and does jack shit in the ring.

Vote Sami. I can't see Sami's run going all that long though. Like others, I haven't been super impressed with him since his return. I think he bulked up way too much in the time he was out.

Thing is winner of this faces Finn Balor, who is right up there in the "Did nothing with an opportunity he's been given in this past 12 months" derby. I would take the 4 months worth of Sami I've seen over what Finn has done this year, but I might be the low man on Finn.

I wouldn't say Finn Balor did nothing. This is going to be an argument for the next round, but Finn did two, MAAAAYBE three good to great things and then did the most Cena-esque coasting job ever. His match at the last Takeover was some formulaic bullshit, but props to the guy for the tag work he put in with Joe and the matches against KO.

Sami's recent match with Joe was easily his best performance since his injury and hopefully a sign that he's finding his form again. His selling is unmatched and the match was based around that strength (and Joe's ability to lay in a great beating).

I'd also go with Orton over Ziggler.

Thing is winner of this faces Finn Balor, who is right up there in the "Did nothing with an opportunity he's been given in this past 12 months" derby. I would take the 4 months worth of Sami I've seen over what Finn has done this year, but I might be the low man on Finn.

Sad but true.  Balor didn't really heed Steve Austin's good advice on only breaking out the Demon gimmick during A-List events and has suffered since.   Aside from Finn's entrance, what have I really like about his matches lately?  There is the tough question you have to ask yourself and I am pretty sure I am going to hate my answer because I love me some Demon gimmick.

I think there's plenty of good Finn stuff to point to, (Dusty tags, his match with Itami against Breeze and Rose, his 2nd match with Crews,) and I feel like the Finn-haters are just a bit crazed in that even at his worst, he's not BAD, just not as good as you'd like.

I think Sami working a good match while half-crippled against Kevin Owens and then coming back and having an awesome match with Joe that got in right under the cut line is more than Bálor's done in ring. I'll give him the ladder match against Owens, but nothing else he's done has been on that level or near it, really. 

Sami is also the far better and more likable face in my view. 

What was the date on the Zayn/Owens rematch?  I'm going to need to re watch that if it's in the voting period.  I mostly remember the batshit crazy title change that ended in ref stoppage.

I don't think I could vote Zayn over Finn simply because I'm not all that sure what Zayn has done this year.

The Cena match was honestly a middle of the road Cena open challenge match.  Tearing his shoulder up pre-match probably had something to do with it, but I don't see how you could use that as some point for Zayn.  If you plug Finn into Cena's open challenge match formula it would probably turn out about the same.  

I guess I need to watch more fan cam stuff from the recent tours?  Because Sami really doesn't have that many high notes in the voting period.  Finn SHOULD be better than he is, but I can still think of a few memorable moments/matches.

Any big moments pre-injury that I'm blanking on?

What was the date on the Zayn/Owens rematch?  I'm going to need to re watch that if it's in the voting period.  I mostly remember the batshit crazy title change that ended in ref stoppage.

That match was from May so it is in the time period (It was the NXT TakeOver: Unstoppable show)

I feel good that everyone has finally decided to join me on the "Ziggler sucks" bandwagon. I've hated him for years and I would probably vote Mr. Electricity Steve Regal over Dolph at this point.

• Like 2

I feel good that everyone has finally decided to join me on the "Ziggler sucks" bandwagon. I've hated him for years and I would probably vote Mr. Electricity Steve Regal over Dolph at this point.

Regal comes out of his 20 year retirement and works one match. Do you put him in March Madness over Ziggler?