DVDVR Message Board

[MM16] R1: DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. SAMI ZAYN

RIPPA

MM16: 1st RD - DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. SAMI ZAYN  

137 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Yes. Even though I'm sure that match would probably be like a 15 minute headlock.

I'd bet Regal would give at least one armdrag, just to let Ziggler do an exaggerated bump. That seems fair.

There's been bigger ones. Someone in...2014?...received one lone sympathy or "I fucked up" vote I thought.

EDIT: Hey! I remembered right! Cesaro had 95 votes to Adam Cole's 1 sad as hell vote.

Also, that same year, Daniel Bryan had 95 votes to Bo Dallas' 5 votes.

In the Cesaro/Adam Cole link, Kuetsar was the lone vote just to be a shitty contrarian. In the DB/Bo link, scraylo, Sorceress, Goji, aricandover and Cole Miner all voted for Bo Dallas. EXPLAIN THYSELVES!

A new challenger arrives!

2015's runner-up, Rusev, put up 103 motherfuckin' votes against Big Ryck's 5. The fuck is up with dudes getting 5 measly votes?

Also last year, in round 1, Ziggler netted 62 votes to Dean Allmark's 18.

Congratulations to you 18 magnificent bastards who knew more than the 62 folks voting Ziggler.

And yes, I know this isn't fair because of 20/20 hindsight, but this shithouse Ziggler run feels like it extended back into the last voting period too.

• Like 1

The correct answer for biggest shit kicking in this tournament ever goes to Goldust beating Dean Allmark in 2014 91-0. 

Also, Dolph last year had that fantastic performance in the Survivor Series match, and had the really fun feud with Harper. He was a fine contender last year, things didn't REALLY go to shit for him until after they did nothing with said Survivor Series performance.

Fuck that Survivor Series match. If Cena or Reigns had done the exact same thing people would have cried about how they booked them like Superman. But at least that would have had some type of consistency instead of a guy who always loses being able to overcome 3 on 1 odds and a metric ton of interference.

I hate Zayn. Aware I'm the only one in existence.

Explain.

Just can't stand him, think he's insanely overrated and totally unlikeable (I know the exact opposite of every other opinion on him). Fine wrestler but never seen him as anything special, always came off too goofy to me. Didn't mind him pre-NXT but have disliked him since he was feuding with like corey graves years ago

There's been bigger ones. Someone in...2014?...received one lone sympathy or "I fucked up" vote I thought.

EDIT: Hey! I remembered right! Cesaro had 95 votes to Adam Cole's 1 sad as hell vote.

Also, that same year, Daniel Bryan had 95 votes to Bo Dallas' 5 votes.

In the Cesaro/Adam Cole link, Kuetsar was the lone vote just to be a shitty contrarian. In the DB/Bo link, scraylo, Sorceress, Goji, aricandover and Cole Miner all voted for Bo Dallas. EXPLAIN THYSELVES!

As I explained during that thread, mine was "It was a late vote, Daniel Bryan's already running away with it, but Bo Dallas was just good enough in 2013-14 I threw him a sympathy vote late in the game.

Which should not happen for Ziggler this year. Because Ziggler was terrible.

Fuck that Survivor Series match. If Cena or Reigns had done the exact same thing people would have cried about how they booked them like Superman. But at least that would have had some type of consistency instead of a guy who always loses being able to overcome 3 on 1 odds and a metric ton of interference.

But the point was that it WASN'T Cena or Reigns. It was a guy who was the runt of the team, who was the one taking the ass kicking while Cena was "above it", or Ryback was deciding which team to be on, and it left Ziggler to be the guy being bullied. Ziggler was an underdog that was ACTUALLY an Underdog and not one were you were just making a jerk off motion at while rolling your eyes because they always overcome the odds. 

It had weight because it was midcard Ziggler and not main event Cena, basically. And Ziggler and Rollins both gave great performances there as well.

• Like 3

Sami was in two of my favourite matches last year, the two NXT Title matches with Kevin Owens. Only things I can remember from Dolph's is his match with Daniel Bryan the RAW after WrestleMania, that long feud with Rusev/Lana/Summer and the recent matches with Kevin Owens.

It also had a terrible ending where Rollins had to play dead for 5 minutes after taking a Zig-Zag, so that the whole "Sting prevents HHH stealing the win" finish could take place. Rollins rendered totally unable to move by the worst finisher in the company, then pinned for 3.

• Like 1

It also had a terrible ending where Rollins had to play dead for 5 minutes after taking a Zig-Zag, so that the whole "Sting prevents HHH stealing the win" finish could take place. Rollins rendered totally unable to move by the worst finisher in the company, then pinned for 3.

Hope you're well pal. Haven't seen you around.

• Like 1

Zigger had a replacement wrestler value of under 0 meaning you could have replaced him with any average wrestler and they would have performed better.

That reminds me, who did we equate WAR to in wrestling and should it now be WAZ (Worth Above Ziggler)?

Sami was in two of my favourite matches last year, the two NXT Title matches with Kevin Owens. 

The first one is for sure not in the voting period, bud.  Not that it matters against Ziggler apparently ha.

Thanks man, same to you. I'm always lingering around, I just don't post much cos I hate typing on my ipad :-)

Good seeing you.

Sami was in two of my favourite matches last year, the two NXT Title matches with Kevin Owens. 

The first one is for sure not in the voting period, bud.  Not that it matters against Ziggler apparently ha.

Whoops. Cheers for the correction, bud.

But the point was that it WASN'T Cena or Reigns. It was a guy who was the runt of the team, who was the one taking the ass kicking while Cena was "above it", or Ryback was deciding which team to be on, and it left Ziggler to be the guy being bullied. Ziggler was an underdog that was ACTUALLY an Underdog and not one were you were just making a jerk off motion at while rolling your eyes because they always overcome the odds. 

It had weight because it was midcard Ziggler and not main event Cena, basically. And Ziggler and Rollins both gave great performances there as well.

This- and in the process, it both shows the "year to year" rule for the March Madness voting and JUST HOW BAD Ziggler was this year, 

Ziggler's March to March was not only "not March Madness worthy", not only "arguably the single worst year of wrestling anyone's had on a national scale in a long time", Not only "Ziggler's VORP so far below even the average wrestling fan who didn't even enter a match", Not only did Ziggler not just ruin his own image, but also ruined at least two-three other top-tier performers by association...but there's still the same problem that just six months before it all went to hell and Ziggler became THIS ungodly bad, he had so much momentum from the Survivor Series match and the December/January to the 2015 Royal Rumble ending it immediately where Ziggler ABSOLUTELY could have been  WWE World Heavyweight Champion and it would have worked.

To go from THAT high up to THAT far down in that short a time just says how bad this year was.

• Like 1