DVDVR Message Board

Raw is McMahonaMania 2-22-16

MGFanJay

This whole Reigns debacle could have been avoided if they had just turned him instead of Rollins.  Having the Authority do most of his talking and him just playing a swaggering, cocky heel would have worked so much better than whatever he's doing now.  He could gradually turn face when he gets tired of taking shit from the Authority and then you have pretty much the same match setup as now, but I'd wager the fans would be a lot more on his side.

I just had a thought - is the Shane (or whomever might replace him) vs Taker match going to be the main event?  The HIAC must take a while to set up/tear down and I'm assuming the venue doesn't have a roof to lower it down from?

I want to believe this is like some Game of Thrones type shit, with Shane getting a trial by combat and he'll wind up getting Cena or someone else to fight for him.

That said, again, why the fuck would Undertaker willingly take that fight? What the fuck does Taker care about who is running Raw? More importantly, why would he take orders from the Authority? I'm hoping those questions get answered, but since it's WWE, I doubt they will be.

In the meanwhile, Brock vs Ambrose looks like it could be something special. CZW Ambrose vs The Beast? Ok. Yeah. Hell yeah.

• Like 2

Never put much stock in the political hit stuff that's been going around on Twitter, but after these last two nights, it's pretty much the only plausible explanation for everything that's happened from last year's Fast Lane to now.

I sent this to Triple H as a joke just before the Roman match started when I saw his tweet.

@josephdavis_nyc

@TripleH leave him in a pool of blood. Oh how I miss those days.

Holy shit I didn't actually expect it to happen. He beat the ever living fuck out of Roman and Detroit was cheering for more. YES YES YES YES YES MORE MORE MORE DIE DIE DIE DIE. Man, it's really a shame they don't do a breaking ground show on the main roster. I would love to see how they spin THAT reaction to Vince.

And this wasn't even the worst of it. They still have the bad Smark towns to go to.

But enough of that. SHANE O' MAC IS BACK. I wasn't expecting black mail and him facing The Undertaker but SHANE IS BACK!!!

HERE COMES THE MONEY!!!

• Like 1

I actually don't have that much of a problem with HHH holding onto the title for awhile and let the contenders sort themselves out in between title defenses. I've been wanting WWE to at least learn from MMA when it comes to the top title where they don't have to have the thing defended every month. It's more interesting when you have others fighting it out for the chance to challenge for the title.

Plus, that way you make the US or IC title more important again...again. 

• Like 1

Where they fucked up with Roman Reigns was not realizing that the law of diminishing returns applies to his current skillset, as he does not have the storytelling ability in-ring or outright charisma on the microphone to complement his look.  Yeah, he got great reactions as part of The Shield as the designated ass-kicker who would come in, no-sell, and hit his big spots, but there's more to wrestling than that.  The ECW Arena used to lose their shit when 911 showed up, also - there was a reason that he didn't get any sort of main event singles push (not saying that Roman is anywhere near as limited, mind you).

I don't get people saying Reigns is not over because of in ring shit. That is one thing he does well. 

Outside of his match against Bryan, where he played the physically-dominating part well, he really hasn't figured out to work as a face in a singles match other than "gets beat up a bunch, then pops up and hits his big spots".  Which doesn't mesh at all with the total badass image that got him over with the shield.  They've tried to just plug him into the Cena match formula, and it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

Do people really think Triple H did not set up this scenario for this reaction? With Reigns being hand picked by Vince, he has to be creative. 

In hindsight they should have put Bryan against Lesnar (It could not be more dangerous than the ladder match) and hide Roman for awhile til they could do a Shield reunion, 

Decent rule of thumb about a wrestler's ability is when a non-wrestling fan knows you suck. My girlfriend tonight: "that guy is a terrible actor."

Not really because if they knew anything they would be a fan. That did not come out right. What I mean is a non fan is the bottom of the totem pole. 

Not that paying customers are in love with him. 

You don't need to be a fan to see Reigns' character sucks out loud.

• Like 1

The worst part is that there is no ambulance to take him anywhere because Dean is living in it now.

I blame you for feeling disappointed that Dean didn't get to Raw in the back of a pick-up truck carrying hay and chickens. The car he arrived in was much too nice.

This can be salvaged if he shows up to Raw next week in the ambulance.

It's kind of ridiculous how it was maybe 6 weeks ago that we all thought Vince may have saved Roman with the ass kicking he took and now we're right back to everyone booing Roman again. I guess it was just a short term fix.  I don't know what the solution is. Roman works as a quiet guy who just takes no shit and kicks ass but even then he's so damaged it's going to take a long time... 

I wonder how much of that reaction for Shane was actually for him, and not for the idea that finally someone was here to change things with this shit company. Why does Taker give a fuck who runs a show he appears on once every two years, and why is he being positioned on the heel side? I guess we get Cena rushed back for a HIAC match of all things.

I haven't seen the main event angle yet, but I'm really not surprised or upset by it. I was saying during Roman's back stage promo the guy just doesn't have it. He's a dude reciting lines with no emotion or conviction. His best friend just got slaughtered, and he's going to main event Mania and he shows no charisma or emotion at all. He needs a heel turn in the worst way.

It's kind of ridiculous how it was maybe 6 weeks ago that we all thought Vince may have saved Roman with the ass kicking he took and now we're right back to everyone booing Roman again. I guess it was just a short term fix. I don't know what the solution is. Roman works as a quiet guy who just takes no shit and kicks ass but even then he's so damaged it's going to take a long time...

There is no "solution". Triple H is both the top face and the top heel of the company

I actually don't have that much of a problem with HHH holding onto the title for awhile and let the contenders sort themselves out in between title defenses. I've been wanting WWE to at least learn from MMA when it comes to the top title where they don't have to have the thing defended every month. It's more interesting when you have others fighting it out for the chance to challenge for the title.

Plus, that way you make the US or IC title more important again...again. 

That worked out well with Brock...oh wait.

The worst part is that there is no ambulance to take him anywhere because Dean is living in it now.

I blame you for feeling disappointed that Dean didn't get to Raw in the back of a pick-up truck carrying hay and chickens. The car he arrived in was much too nice.

This can be salvaged if he shows up to Raw next week in the ambulance.

I'm pretty sure Dean thinks dialing 911 is what people mean when they tell him to get an uber.

I also feel bad for Reigns. I think a bunch of people here would agree that the Reigns that was in the Shield showed potential to one day be a legit main eventer. He had quiet charisma and kicked ass. He looked like an unstoppable force at times, tanking for his brothers in the Shield. That all kinda ended at Payback. The Shield beat Evolution and swept them in that elimination tag and then he gets chair shotted the next night on Raw by Rollins. From then on he had anything cool about him stripped away for what creative thought was cool. He let creative put him into shitty situations that the Shield as a whole wouldn't have let happen, but Reigns appears to have just done whatever he was asked. Up until recently it reportedly took Triple H changing the ending of the PPV that Reigns lost to Sheamus to have Reigns beat the shit out of Triple H.

I think Reigns is probably a real cool and a very nice guy who is just getting abused by whatever dumbshit is writing his segments. He can go in the ring even if he does stupid shit like not selling a submission. He can show flashes of the guy we were getting behind years ago. The only problem now is that they put Reigns on this fast track and the guy just doesn't know how to pilot himself.

Honestly, Reigns should be everything HHH, and once Vince ditched Big E, Vince wanted him to be, but it's been much to fast and too soon. I think he can get to a level that's close to that, but this is not the guy to carry the company.

• Like 1

LOVED that opening segment.  I was expecting Roman to come down and mock Stephanie, but that pop for Shane McMahon was incredible.  If I was his family, I'd be worried about him actually wrestling in HIAC because he had a tendency to do really dumb reckless stuff when he was younger wrestling at minor PPVs.  At the biggest WM with the Undertaker, a much older Shane McMahon might set himself on fire before throwing himself off a cage.

I pretty much skipped the rest of the show because nothing else was likely to be as awesome as that pop.

Cole: "The Roman Empire is on fire!!!!"

Crowd: "HHH!! HHH!! One more time! One more time!"

I am actually excited about the Mania undercard with Shane-Taker (and the inevitable Austin run-in) and Brock-Ambrose. But there's no Wrestlemania Moment I'm rooting for more than a repeat of the 2014 Rumble with Rock raising Roman's hand after his *cough* crowning win and looking bewildered at the chorus of boos.

If Vince wants to send the crowd home happy, he'll turn on Roman immediately and hit him with the People's Elbow.