DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

The NBA is at it's best right now at least since the 90s. These past few years with the Spurs ball movement and the hated Heat/LeBron returning home and then the emergence of Steph Curry and this unbelievable Warriors squad.  Crazy.

I could not enjoy watching what we've been given over the past few years more.

I love that the stats revolution in basketball has essentially led to the basketball played in Hoosiers but by the best athletes alive and not pasty white farm hands.

Durant and Westbrook* are good enough to beat anyone, but can anyone really see them getting 8 wins in up to 14 tries against San Antonio and GSW with that supporting cast*?

*No offense to Ibaka who is really good.

Durant and Westbrook* are good enough to beat anyone, but can anyone really see them getting 8 wins in up to 14 tries against San Antonio and GSW with that supporting cast*?

*No offense to Ibaka who is really good.

There is absolutely no shame in not being able to beat Golden State this year.

OKC really suffered from horrifically timed injuries more than the Harden trade.

There's an argument to be made that they could have withstood the injuries better with Harden.

And that maybe Durant/Russ/Ibaka/Harden/? could beat The Spurs and Warriors.

But no, that's no shame in it. I'm just stating that I don't see them as a legit threat despite having the best duo in the NBA.

Also:  if you're a fan of any team not named the Golden State Warriors, pray to whoever you believe in(if you're atheist, pray to your mama) that the Kevin Durant goes to Warriors gossip has no basis in reality because :ph34r:

Unless Dion Waiters turns into a superhero between now and the playoffs,OKC is going to need way more from their supporting players in the long run.  OKC's bench actually weren't bad in this game, but they don't have enough offensive power when Durant or Westbrook have to sit.

Dion Waiters won't turn into a superhero.

My sliver lining on this GSW team is that my team is still a few years away at best.

I'm actually real optimistic about the Pistons future with Reggie, Andre, KCP, and Johnson. But they're just kids right now.

Durant and Westbrook* are good enough to beat anyone, but can anyone really see them getting 8 wins in up to 14 tries against San Antonio and GSW with that supporting cast*?.

If we learned anything last season, it's that you never know how the playoffs will break. That would be damn near impossible to take 8 off those 2 teams, but maybe you only have to play one? Would anyone really be surprised if CP3 stole another series from SA, for example?

Someone is bound to get hurt from one of these teams as well. We will see how this shakes out. Can't wait.

One of the reasons I like OKC (especially with the odds) is that I really don't think anyone else has a chance against a healthy GS. Like, OKC may not be objectively better than CLE or SA, but they are built to challenge GS in ways those 2 aren't. Just look at Ibaka's line (15, 20) from last night while logging all those extra minutes at the 5.

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that shot will go down as an all time great moment. Broadcast TV, crazy good basketball, 3 historic players sharing the court and then Curry with a "yes, I am that good" moment.

I fucking hate him.

• Like 2

Also: Klay was so freakin' good last night and everyone is sleeping on it. He made the pass to Iguodala at the end of regulation, had a three point play late in OT and closed out the final OKC possession. And got the ball to Steph. And scored over 30 and made a bunch of huge late shots.

He is a wonderful basketball player.

• Like 1

Where does Bennett stand in terms of first overall busts?

That's tricky cause on one hand three teams in four years being traded by the team that took you first overall is bad. On the other hand no one thought he was a first over all player to begin with.

As i recall he was projected to go in the 5-7 range pre-draft; if he'd gone there we would probably put him in the "disappointing" category instead of "catastrophic."

In terms of other #1 picks he has the worst career PER, edging out the Kandiman.  He played in about 20 more games than Oden did, so he doesn't have the worst record there.

That's why you don't draft 36 year olds No.1 in the NBA draft.

Exactly. Bill Simmons of all people called it. A month or so before that draft he mentioned in an article seeing Greg Oden at an awards show (the Espys?) and how he was struck by how much he walked like an old person. If memory serves (and it probably doesn't. Chemicals over the years, you know how it goes), I think he basically predicted he'd spend his career hurt.