DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

If Motiejunas could get healthy that might be a really helpful trade down the line.  Dude had a great year last year and is still young.

Edit: Wait..... didn't think they would give up THIS years 1st rounder!  I don't know about all that.  That's a pretty large gamble on a big man with back issues.

Dwight is staying in Houston

Miami traded Jarnell Stokes to the Pelicans to dump salary and flipped Brian Roberts (who they got in the Birdman trade earlier this week) to Portland.   (EDIT -- These moves put Miami under the luxury tax)

Hell's yeah to Memphis getting Lance Stephenson. This is now the best League Pass team imaginable. Also, I'm calling it now: Lance is going to revert back to some semblance of his Pacers form and the Grizzlies are going to take down someone unexpected in the playoffs.

Not sure how to link it but there's video of Markeif Morris riding a friggin' hoverboard in the parking garage of the Suns practice facility right after he was traded. The hoverboard hits a bump and he just keeps walking and some attendee picks it up for him. He didn't even look. A+.

• Like 1

Hell's yeah to Memphis getting Lance Stephenson. This is now the best League Pass team imaginable. Also, I'm calling it now: Lance is going to revert back to some semblance of his Pacers form and the Grizzlies are going to take down someone unexpected in the playoffs.

I would love this so much.

Not sure how to link it but there's video of Markeif Morris riding a friggin' hoverboard in the parking garage of the Suns practice facility right after he was traded. The hoverboard hits a bump and he just keeps walking and some attendee picks it up for him. He didn't even look. A+.

Where amazing happens.

The Morrises are such amazing knuckleheads that I can't believe Memphis didn't trade for either of them.

When they came to KU it took less than a month for them to get busted by the cops for shooting people with a bb gun from their dorm window.

I love them.

• Like 1

Channing Frye is a nice pick up by the Cavs. Dude was very good in Phoenix when he had a solid PNR partner. Irving is better than Dragic, and Frye's advanced shooting stats are still very good. Gives the Cavs a lot of front court flexibility. They can basically play 48 minutes with a stretch 4 in the game if they so choose. 

Sad to see Andy go, but it was time.

The Morrises are such amazing knuckleheads that I can't believe Memphis didn't trade for either of them.

When they came to KU it took less than a month for them to get busted by the cops for shooting people with a bb gun from their dorm window.

I love them.

They actually grew up not too far from where I live in Philly. Their high school is within walking distance of my house. They almost both went to my La Salle until they blew up and got recruited by the big boys. Word was that some people were actually sort of happy because of their reputation.

I love them.

They actually grew up not too far from where I live in Philly. Their high school is within walking distance of my house. They almost both went to my La Salle until they blew up and got recruited by the big boys. Word was that some people were actually sort of happy because of their reputation.

I do give them credit for cleaning up their act after the bb gun thing; I don't recall them getting in any serious trouble after that at Kansas and they worked incredibly hard.  It wasn't until they were out on their own that things started to go pear-shaped again.

If he gets his act right, Kieff could be a huge pickup for the Wizards.  Gives them some inside/outside flexibility in their frontcourt and can be an excellent defender when he's locked in.

Speaking of ex-Jawhawks Kirk Hinrich got traded to the Hawks for a future second.

Bottom line: Nothing moved the needle today. Channing Frye doesn't get anyone over the hump. Decent player but not anything that's going to bring home a title.

Do NBA GMs realize that there's Golden State, then San Antonio, then Cleveland and everyone else? Go big or go home. Toronto should have went all in on someone.

I would guess some combination of the top-heaviness of the league and the impending jump in cap space made people stand pat.  Why make a salary-dump or trade for expiring contracts when you're going to have cap space anyway?

I am a little surprised we didn't see more movement at the top of the East.  I figured a good team would make some moves that might get them past Cleveland and then they could take their chances in the Finals.

This offseason is going to be bananas.

Its a testament to how great GSW is that no one is really talking about OKC, but they already have 40 wins!  It's amazing that the buzz is relatively low on a national level.

Top 3 in PER so far this year:

1. Curry 32.18

2. Russ 28.78

3. KD 28.42