DVDVR Message Board

WWE CRUISERWEIGHT CLASSIC (NO SPOILERS)

ChesterCopperpot

51 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I only did as he didn't seem relevant in the Cruiserweight thread....

BTW, according to Rovert he turned down the G1 to sign.

Yeah, Phil. Yeah.

You can be excited about Damo having a big NXT run and being all over your TV.

But you have to put stock in rovert to do it.

Enjoy your morning.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Yeah, Phil. Yeah.

You can be excited about Damo having a big NXT run and being all over your TV.

But you have to put stock in rovert to do it.

Enjoy your morning.

qLWyZcvfSiaXUjDHMzih_Confused%20John%20C

• Like 4

Remember 4 years ago, when TNA would get a guy like Scorpio Sky and have him get in the ring and have great matches with great opponents, then WWE would get him and have him act in a skit and never acknowledge he was a wrestler at all?

Now TNA uses Damo on TV twice, to put over a distinctly lame-duck incarnation of Eric Young, then WWE signs him and puts him in NXT, to have great matches with great opponents.

46 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Damo and Moose.  After the Cruiserweight Classic, we're having The Hoss Classic.

Along the same line as having Tajiri and Kendrick in the CWC, who would they bring back for THC?

And yeah, I'm aware one of you will bring up RVD, London or a re-entered Kendrick.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Remember 4 years ago, when TNA would get a guy like Scorpio Sky and have him get in the ring and have great matches with great opponents, then WWE would get him and have him act in a skit and never acknowledge he was a wrestler at all?

Now TNA uses Damo on TV twice, to put over a distinctly lame-duck incarnation of Eric Young, then WWE signs him and puts him in NXT, to have great matches with great opponents.

And also possibly Eric Young.

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 8:33 AM, PetrolCB said:

Along the same line as having Tajiri and Kendrick in the CWC, who would they bring back for THC?

And yeah, I'm aware one of you will bring up RVD, London or a re-entered Kendrick.

Vader's in pretty good shape these days.  

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 9:33 AM, PetrolCB said:

Kharma, Aja Kong, Beth Phoenix. Not kidding.

There have been tweets the last few days about Kota Ibushi being panicked because he was 4 lbs over the weight limit

Granted those were from mark Japanese sites

But it is still fun

• Like 1

I hope this full speech HHH is giving all the guys ends up on Youtube or something

But I have a feeling it is just going be via their Snap Chat

And Dorada's mask totally adds weight

I'm gonna be furious, if Ibushi has to drop out of the tournament, because he missed the weight limit by 4 lbs.

I've always been a fan of promotions who took wrestling a bit more serious, but I don't give a shit how much someone weighs.

If they told me Chris Hero was under 205 lbs I would be willing to suspend my disbelief.

EDIT: They actually showed Ibushi's weigh-in on Facebook and he only weighed 189lbs. So I guess he was just bullshitting on Twitter.

Of course they could still completely kayfabe the whole thing.

They don't even show the scale during the weigh-in, they only show the guy reading off the scale and we have to trust him.

But I don't think so. They even have a bunch of guys there, who aren't even on the list of 32 competitors, so I guess those are replacements in case someone fails.

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

It's also possible they have injury replacements - like for example Rich Swann doesn't get cleared 

They do. Two names I've heard are in Orlando are Michael Nakazawa and Prince Mustafa Ali. Haven't heard that is why they're there specifically, but it seems likely.

Also, Kota weighed in at 189 lbs...

The WWE announced that the CWC will be "hosted" by Daniel Bryan and Mauro Ranallo

So I am assuming they are the ones calling the matches but who the fuck knows with the WWE nowadays