DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

They'll cheer for 3 minutes, then whine about him putting himself over.  Typical marks.

Who is Mark?

My friend who keeps threatening to quit watching and never does.

I killed him two weeks ago.  He's dead now.  He won't be a problem any more.

• Like 1

I feel bad for telling people it was Shane vs Taker the second I heard Shane came out. I feel like I'm doing this with my mind

We need to monetize this ability you have. Have your people call my people.

Have they announced New Day and the Godfather vs League of Nations yet?

I think I'm the only one slightly bothered by Daniel Bryan retiring last week because of head injuries and Titus getting suspended for goofing around, only the Brock to beat in Dean's brains, Triple H to beat in Roman's brains and Vince to drop an f bomb this week.

Bothered - no. Amused about the Vince swearing and admittance of child abuse (which USA must have loved) in relation to the Titus thing - yes. But that also doesn't shock me to as we have all learned that different rules applies to different people, especially when you are the one making the rules.

But let's not act like Brock was destroying Dean. I mean I guess maybe the knees kinda sorta did damage to Ambrose's jacket.

I feel bad for telling people it was Shane vs Taker the second I heard Shane came out. I feel like I'm doing this with my mind

Then it would be Shane vs Jack Evans.

I swear people here think the "taker" in my name is my last name or something

I think I'm the only one slightly bothered by Daniel Bryan retiring last week because of head injuries and Titus getting suspended for goofing around, only the Brock to beat in Dean's brains, Triple H to beat in Roman's brains and Vince to drop an f bomb this week.

Bothered - no. Amused about the Vince swearing and admittance of child abuse (which USA must have loved) in relation to the Titus thing - yes. But that also doesn't shock me to as we have all learned that different rules applies to different people, especially when you are the one making the rules.

But let's not act like Brock was destroying Dean. I mean I guess maybe the knees kinda sorta did damage to Ambrose's jacket.

For Brock and Dean, I meant more about how it looked like Dean's head got smashed in the windshield and later, Dean in a neck brace lies there where Brock steps on his head to walk over him. Part of me thought it was bad ass while another part of me cringed because of the DB stuff from last week. The Triple H stuff was more about repeatedly slamming Roman's head into the table.

And bothered is the wrong word. Amused, like you said, is maybe more apt, but the total cynicism and double-standard did annoy me. 

From two days ago:

Shane McMahon.  Bank it.

YEEEEEAH, BROTHER!!!  Me an RoVert KNEW!!!

Turns out, I actually knew about this back in August, I just didn't put two and two together.  From Facebook:

• August 24, 2015
  •  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 2:59pm

Kelvin A. Cabrera

So, I've got a friend who is doing consultant work for the WWE. I was asking her all about it, and she's amazed about how enthusiastic everyone is to be working there, but then she dropped this on me, and your WOTD thread reminded me...

"So what's this I hear about Shane maybe coming back at Mania?"

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:01pm

Rippa

Vince will eventually get his family feud again.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:01pm

Kelvin A. Cabrera

I'm sure.

Though Shane at 40 may be a little less willing to jump 25'+ into a table.

Unless that dastardly Test is on the other end. Of course.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:03pm

Rippa

Vince at 70 however...

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:06pm

Kelvin A. Cabrera

Oh, but here's a fun thing

At Titan Towers, my friend had a meeting in Finance's main conference room. It's a big circular room with a high ceiling. Suspended from the ceiling?

A money in the bank briefcase.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:09pm

Rippa

I wouldn't expect anything less.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:10pm

Kelvin A. Cabrera

She apparently started looking under the table for a ladder. Much to the WWE people's delight.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:11pm

Rippa

I would be in constant fear of getting a chair shot to the back. And you know none of those fuckers know how to protect you.

•  
    -PAXP-deijE.gif8/24, 3:13pm

Kelvin A. Cabrera

Maybe that's why Shane actually left.

So, don't think this was a last minute plan.  They've known this for at least 6 months. 

I'm happy to see him, but god damn those shoes are awful.

You might be more out of touch than Vince with that one.  Those are the Chicago 1s, brother.

He's wearing a suit though! Have some self respect!

Yeah! Everyone knows you're supposed to wear Chucks with a suit!

Clearly I am the only one who watches the Game Night things on the WWE Youtube channel.

I am also sadly way too excited that in two weeks

Social Outcasts and Charlotte take on New Day, Tyler Breeze and Sasha Banks in Dodgeball

Cb8RhyuUMAAaiwW.jpg

Cb8Egn2UcAE6RpP.jpg

• Like 2