DVDVR Message Board

2015-16 NFL Playoffs: Wildcard Weekend

Dolfan in NYC

If Lewis gets fired I can't say it was totaly unjust or something. People harp on the playoff thing but entirely forget something: The entire 15 year period before he was hired. The big fear I have is we get rid of a guy who gets into the playoffs with the next Doogie Shula, the next Dick Lebeau or the next Bruce Cosslet. Point being there are far worse situations than making the playoffs and failing, and I lived through it. If they fire him they damn sure better know who they are going to replace him with and be incredibly confident that person will succeed.

So right on. For those of us that have been fans of the Bengals through the 90s and early 2000s then what Marvin has done has been fun. Even losing in the playoffs year after year. At least every year there is hope of the team doing pretty good instead of how it was. 

Now Marvin needs to know how to control his players which he hasn't been that great with through the years and he isn't a great Super Bowl type coach. Every year he gets out coached when it counts. This year it seemed like he totally abandoned the run altogether when we are starting AJ fucking McCarron. It was the defense that even let us be in position to maybe win the game. Our offense, some players, and coaches lost this game. 

If Marvin is gone then the next coach better be able to get control of players and know how to coach in certain situations and change the game plan as a game progresses. 

Shit! I haven't been this disappointed in a funny little football game in a long time. Maybe as long back as Montana to fucking Taylor. 

It's gonna be even better when Denver puts what's left of the Stillers in their place 27-3 next week. I'm sure Pitt fans are gonna love four hours of talk about Peyton's audibles and playing the game the right way.

Can't wait (to play Fallout 4 instead of watching that).

Just like how Denver was supposed to beat the Steelers in the regular season? How many points did we hang on the league's best defence?? And wasn't Peyton reallly shitty for most of this year??

Stillers with Ben hurt, presumably no DeAngelo and Brown probably out - do YOU think that's the kind of concussion you play with the next week? - aren't the same team that played Denver in the regular season.

I was also really irritated last night. Today? Eh. Still rooting for Denver but who knows.

If Lewis gets fired I can't say it was totaly unjust or something. People harp on the playoff thing but entirely forget something: The entire 15 year period before he was hired. The big fear I have is we get rid of a guy who gets into the playoffs with the next Doogie Shula, the next Dick Lebeau or the next Bruce Cosslet. Point being there are far worse situations than making the playoffs and failing, and I lived through it. If they fire him they damn sure better know who they are going to replace him with and be incredibly confident that person will succeed.

Bingo. Lewis by all rights earned a trip to free agency, but if the option is Tomsula, Schiano or somebody else like that, it's probably better for them to stand pat.

porter.0.gif

What was he doing walking toward Bengal players?

Mabye he wanted a word with the ref;) Porter did nothing illegal if he checked in woth the side judge that he was going to check on a injured player.

Legal or not, Joey absolutely didn't belong on the field. At the same time, though, clearly the Bengals didn't learn what I did in 1st grade about "stick and stones..." All they had to do was not act like asshats and they'd be playing Sunday. If Lewis was any kind of coach, he would've recognized his team was out of control after that dirty headhunting shit Burfict pulled and told his team to stand on the sidelines quietly while they tended to AB, then play out the last 18 seconds and get out of there. But he didn't and they got what they deserved.

In a perfect world, Lewis should be fired, Burfict should be suspended at least the first month of the regular season and Pacman should be exiled to Jacksonville or Cleveland. But this is the NFL so I'm sure all three will get contract extensions and raises.

As a Cleveland native, I think I can bring some insight to last nights antics:

Fuck both of these teams. Fuck Cincinnati for jobbing in the most mind numbing fashion possible, and fuck the Stillers for being a bunch of classless shitbags. I hope Peyton Manning has been mainlining HGH for these past few weeks and shows up looking like motherfucking Bane.

• Like 5

As a Cleveland native, I think I can bring some insight to last nights antics:

Fuck both of these teams. Fuck Cincinnati for jobbing in the most mind numbing fashion possible, and fuck the Stillers for being a bunch of classless shitbags. I hope Peyton Manning has been mainlining HGH for these past few weeks and shows up looking like motherfucking Bane.

Somebody needs to shop Peyton's head on Lesnar's body, stat.

Pac-Man Jones says that Antonio Brown flopped on that hit from Burfict last night.

Guy must still think he's in TNA or some shit.

Antonio Brown did flop...because that is the only accurate way to describe how his body moved after he was knocked unconscious.  I don't think Burfict intended to hit him like that, but that was damn sure a penalty the way it played out, and Brown looked like he could have died.  If that pass is accurate I don't think we'd even be talking about the hit, because he probably would have been hit dead in the chest.  The combination of the pass that was too high, Brown almost reaching it, him falling awkwardly as hell reaching for it, and Burfict already sold out on the hit, made for a very ugly scene.  Add in Joey Porter, who was only there to antagonize, and the Bengals best defensive players also being insane and we get that ending.  If Pacman Jones had another person's personality he very well may be a hall of fame player, but he has Pacman Jones' personality and ain't nobody putting him in a hall of fame.  Burfict is a guy who had  1st round talent coming out of college, but didn't get drafted because he's crazy.  Think about that, he's too crazy for the NFL.  There is a limit to how many crazy people you can have on your team, especially if they're arguably the best guys on the team. 

Remember the Jeremy Hill fumble?  Boy, did that scene at the end overshadow that play.

If that wouldn't have happened, Burfict would have been the hero of the game and him and Pacman celebrating in the tunnel would have been the lasting image of the game.

In a perfect world, Lewis should be fired, Burfict should be suspended at least the first month of the regular season and Pacman should be exiled to Jacksonville or Cleveland. But this is the NFL so I'm sure all three will get contract extensions and raises.

Why should Pacman be exiled to Cleveland?  Haven't Browns fans suffered enough?

• Like 1