DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

At this point I just want the company to die and go away forever.  And it's not just one thing, but pretty much everything they've done over the last 14 years: dwarfs jerking off in trash cans, giant penis tag teams, Jeff Jarrett holding the world title hostage, Scott Hall: Drunken Elvis Impersonator, wasting Chris Daniels and Low Ki in their prime years in a fucking tag team instead of pushing them as top singles stars, wasting the prime years of Samoa Joe and Doug Williams as mid carders, Abyss and his fucking repetitive thumbtack bumps, The Main Event Mafia, putting Homicide in a racist stereotype tag team with Zach Arnold's boy toy Hotstuff Hernandez, Black Machismo, reverse battle royals for World titles, dragging out Aces & Eights for seventeen months even as ratings continued to plummet, giving Dixie Carter a platform to appear on TV and the Internet, constantly reviving The Beautiful People instead of creating new heel "knockout" stables, Dixie grabbing onto Hulk Hogan's leg while he tried to walk away from the company, providing employment to the Voodoo Kin Mafia/New Age Outlaws instead of letting them fade into obscurity, treating the signing of every midcard curtain jerker the WWE fired and having them do a "shoot" interview as if it were some sort of industy changing moment, the skit where Dixie visited "Vince" and his "son in law" to get security camera footage, providing Vince Russo with a source of income for over a decade.

Just go away, go away and join XPW and GLOW in the purgatory of joke wrestling promotions that should have never existed.

aint-too-proud-to-beg.jpg

• Like 2

On 29 September 2016 at 5:24 PM, DTTW said:

Will she go down as the dumbest person in wrestling? I can't think of anyone off hand who screwed up as much, as epicly, and as badly, all while never really gaining anything. It's truly remarkable.

Yes.

15 hours ago, Playa Shunna Ver 3.0 said:

Yeah, EC3 on some serious shit right now.  Still, WWE should take him back and then he can live out the rest of his career in mid card 50/50 hell.

Dixie Carter/EC3 in WWE, equivalent of Eric Bischoff/Eugene in WWE!

Only thing I disagree with on Jerome's list of TNA stupidity is the thing about LAX. They were super over and probably the best act in the entire company (they won WON best gimmick that year). The TNA stupidity was in how the company wasted such a hot act.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Only thing I disagree with on Jerome's list of TNA stupidity is the thing about LAX. They were super over and probably the best act in the entire company (they won WON best gimmick that year). The TNA stupidity was in how the company wasted such a hot act.

Sadly the last sentence can be said for other wrestlers TNA dropped the ball on.

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

They brought back the six sided ring quite awhile ago. Held a fan poll or something.

I was always in favor of it just because it did something to differentiate them.

I think that was a real turning point for them. As soon as it went back to 4 sides, they turned right back into nothing special or different territory and it just killed them.

How dare you put GLOW in the same category as XPW.   <_<

Anyway I would not be surprised if one of the titles is vacated in some way to set up another version of the World Title Series.  I figure even if the company is dead they still have to do something with the TV show.  I figure they have another 4 weeks of tapings they could muster with those.  Sure we will probably get Bobby Roode, James Storms, and Eric Young matches but never stopped this company before. 

37 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Is there anything legally preventing them from burning off Roode and Young's taped matches but presenting it like they've come back from NXT on commentary? 

Yeah, Vince suing the shit out of them.  Remember what happened when WCW tried hinting that Hall and Nash were invading from the WWF?  

On 9/29/2016 at 11:24 AM, DTTW said:

Will she go down as the dumbest person in wrestling? I can't think of anyone off hand who screwed up as much, as epicly, and as badly, all while never really gaining anything. It's truly remarkable.

Is Jim Herd a contender?  I mean, he had a shorter reign of terror in WCW but that's only because he finally got fired.

1 hour ago, FireThunder said:

Is Jim Herd a contender?  I mean, he had a shorter reign of terror in WCW but that's only because he finally got fired.

Not even close. He got held accountable when shit got bad and got fired. Dixie has never been held accountable for her hurting of TNA.

46 minutes ago, Michael Sweetser said:

Why won't this fucking promotion have the decency to just fucking die already?

It has to Decay a bit more before it is Finally Deleted.

• Like 5

I swear that TNA is the Arch Enemy Supervillain of pro-wrestling. Everytime it seems it dies in a helicopter explosion or falls off a cliff, my brain says "But there was no body" and then they come 6 months later hellbent on revenge

James

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I hope TNA lives on forever. If it died, all you bitter people would have to complain about is WWE. And I can only handle so much "Steph puts no one over" and "RAW sucks" discussion.

Nah, we'd just nitpick ROH, NJPW, Chikara, and Evolve more often.

31 minutes ago, Overly Critical Man said:

I hope TNA lives on forever. If it died, all you bitter people would have to complain about is WWE. And I can only handle so much "Steph puts no one over" and "RAW sucks" discussion.

If it dies and then comes back three days later should we start to panic?

• Like 1