DVDVR Message Board

2016 TNA General Thread

7 hours ago, The Z said:

I want them to repeat the "Shane buying WCW angle", but with one of Vince's 10-year old grandchildren instead.

"You see, Mom, Dad...the name on the contract does say 'Levesque', but not 'Paul Levesque' or 'Stephanie McMahon-Levesque'..."

"Aurora Rose, you NAUGHTY GIRL! What have we told you about wasting your allowance? We give you that to teach you the value of a dollar, young lady!  Why can't you use the money on toys or candy or something better. Buying TNA...just wait until your grandfather hears about this..."

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

"You see, Mom, Dad...the name on the contract does say 'Levesque', but not 'Paul Levesque' or 'Stephanie McMahon-Levesque'..."

"Aurora Rose, you NAUGHTY GIRL! What have we told you about wasting your allowance? We give you that to teach you the value of a dollar, young lady!  Why can't you use the money on toys or candy or something better. Buying TNA...just wait until your grandfather hears about this..."

If they did a PG version of Camp WWE I would so be up for seeing this played out.

• Like 4

I don't regularly watch TNA. I think the last thing I really saw was Final Deletion. Sometime in the last few weeks though, I wanted to see how EC3 was doing. HOLY SHIT! You guys are totally right. First thought was, "man, he's on more shit than Lashley."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

It would be so like TNA to work the fans into thinking they might be shutting down - then to screw things up and legitimately shut down

This would be the perfect ending.

It's after 4pm, can I sing "ding-dong-the-witch-is-dead" yet? Finally and forever?

No, because really, we all know Corgan is gonna toss another couple million into the pot to get it through the week.

And we need TNA to last until at least Sunday night, because the biggest letdown in wrestling history will be if the Great War doesn't happen.

• Like 4

If TNA dies this week then that's how it be but while due no grand eulogy for the life it led nor deserved is the grand celebration upon its grave that far too many have been all too excited to partake in for far too long.  I feel that TNA will go down in history as having delivered more bad wrestling than good but it's existence has been more good for pro wrestling than bad, if you will.

2 minutes ago, Jerome Miller said:

I wonder which "TNA Superstar" will be the first to do a five-count for King Kong Bundy on a Jersey Indy show?

That sounds like a job for Grado or Tyrus.

I wonder how many guys/girls actually wind up in WWE should TNA go under. The Hardys obviously have an open door, though I wouldn't be surprised if they told Matt to leave Reby at home. Some of the X-Division being picked up to bolster the Cruiserweights makes sense.  Moose would have signed with NXT already had WWE not wanted to stay away from his domestic abuse situation for a while.  Bennett only gets picked up if they really want Maria in a managerial capacity.  I don't know about any of the Knockouts unless the rumors of a Women's tournament for next year are true.

EC3 and Galloway are unique cases.  They seem like slam dunks to at least field a couple of calls, but that would also mean WWE admitting that they had these guys before TNA and screwed up with them.