DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Supposedly the Browns and RG3 are close to an agreement

Somehow someway this is going to turn into all my Washington Football Club fan friends making me regret everything I've ever said about Kirk Cousins.  We all know that you can't say anything about Kirk Cousins that isn't a insult to RGIII.  Why is this my life?

God, I'm glad the Ravens' idiotic make eligible receivers wear a pinnie rule didn't pass. 

Somewhere, someone needs to compile a list of the most ridiculous rule proposals that got voted down.  

Also Rams newz!

There will be an official NFL regular season game in China, because, sure, why not.  It's in 2018, ??? @ LA Rams. 

Also, the Rams get the gift of being the Hard Knocks team this season.  I believe I'll stop watching somewhere around the second time one of their players says "HOLLYWOOOOOOD!"  (O/U 12 minutes)

The Rams have zero chance of selling out the Coliseum. Not that it's really on them, because it's a massive (93,607, that's over 10,000 more seats than Metlife) stadium that any team in almost any market would have trouble selling out. Honestly, the only way I could see it selling out is if/when they play the Raiders.

5 hours ago, muhammedboehm said:

Wouldn't that be before the stadium is done or a buffer to make sure its ready?

It's scheduled to open for the 2019 season, so that will be season 3 in a humongous stadium they will never sell out with fans who won't care about them by then.

Maybe they'll play the Raiders at home that year and they can avoid that mess in the Coliseum. 

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

They could go 16-0, get to the NFC title game and still not sell it out.

Well, no, because by that time the people that live in Los Angeles would realize that there's an NFL team there.

I figured Cleveland @ Washington would be where RG3 has like 6TDs (2x rushing, 4x passing) and Kirk Cousins throws 5 INTs. So Cleveland gets their QB to look good for one week and Washington gets to complain how they let go a good QB and are overpaying a shitty one

• Like 1

Nope. He plays well, the team finishes 8-8, fans think they've turned the corner, they acquire a few more weapons in the off-season, then he blows his knee out during next year's training camp.

We all say "Cleveland" and shrug.