DVDVR Message Board

2016 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I love spoiled fans of the Packers calling for McCarthy to be fired. They apparently don't notice what the team was post-Lombardi and pre-Ron Wolf & Holmgren.

I love spoiled fans of the Packers calling for McCarthy to be fired. They apparently don't notice what the team was post-Lombardi and pre-Ron Wolf & Holmgren.

I'm indifferent to McCarthy, but do want a change in coordinators.

BTW - Handy Guide for tracking all the teams coaching searches

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016-nfl-head-coaching-search-tracker/

I don't love that Miami is the frontrunner in the Adam Gase sweepstakes.

Guy just got a career best season out of Cutler. Why wouldn't you want him working with Tannehill?

Not quite Factory of Sadness level but a solid sequel.

As for Gruden, anything that gets him out of the MNF booth works for me. Of course knowing the four letter, they'll install an even more insufferable asshat like Ray Lewis in his place.

If it wasn't for the amazing Jon Gruden parody account on twitter he'd be valueless to me.

I sum him up like this. You know how dogs act when you wave a ball around, and they get really excited you're going to throw the ball, and even if you don't throw the ball they basically stay excited as long as you keep waving the ball around?

That's Jon Gruden. All the time, every day.

BTW - Handy Guide for tracking all the teams coaching searches

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016-nfl-head-coaching-search-tracker/

I don't love that Miami is the frontrunner in the Adam Gase sweepstakes.
Guy just got a career best season out of Cutler. Why wouldn't you want him working with Tannehill?

Fine. Then let him be the OC. The last four coaches the Dolphins hired have one thing in common: None of them had previous HC experience in the NFL. How's that working out?

Not quite Factory of Sadness level but a solid sequel.

As for Gruden, anything that gets him out of the MNF booth works for me. Of course knowing the four letter, they'll install an even more insufferable asshat like Ray Lewis in his place.

I hate you for even coming up with this idea.

There are two reports that the Eagles have asked the Giants permission to speak to Tom Coughlin about their head coaching job

(The Eagles have to ask for permission since Coughlin resigned. Fired coaches obviously don't)

About as well as hiring Jimmy Johnson and Dave Wannstedt did?

At this point, the days where the Dolphins would build up my hopes only to get their asses handed to them in the divisional round sounds amazing.

• Like 1

Well good, I'm glad I don't have to worry about the Dolphins being competitive for the next few years.  

Thanks Stephen Ross!

I loved all of the rhetoric about "we're going to open up the pocket books and bring in a big time hire this time."

I really wish we'd get a change in ownership that can competently bring a guy in, or at least get someone who understands what personnel you need in this league at the GM position.