DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2016 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I personally thought backwoods genius vintner (who played the violin?) was a money gimmick.

classical guitarist. It would have been pretty money if there was any follow through with the gimmick. Oh, and not jobbing Rowan on ppv to fucking Big Show.

Actually, I am most excited about the Rumble because they seemingly don't remember how to properly book the titular match. We will get something surprisingly awesome or something so bad that everyone actively shits on it yet again, which is way more promising than the typical forgettable mediocrity we get from most WWE PPVs.

There is no way this ends well for him.

Why, what are they going to do?  Suspend him?

Book Tommy Dreamer some more in a complete and utter fucking mockery of their stance on concussions and brain damage?

• Like 1

Bryan forcing their hand was always what was going to happen.  The dude is NEVER going to stop wrestling, it's his life.  If this power play doesn't work I expect him to be in AJ's spot at Wrestle Kingdom 11. 

I would hate to see him cripple himself, but I would be lying if I said I didn't want to see him back in the ring.  For my money he is the greatest wrestler of all time and I hope he didn't end his WWE run by letting a bunch of mid carders dump him on his head on fucking Smackdown.

• Like 2

They backed themselves into a corner on this one in an effort to seem progressive on the issue. What can they really do? Fire their doctors and replace them with ones that clear Bryan? How would that go over when Daniel Bryan gets his next concussion?

People will roll their eyes at this, and understandably so, but I think beyond being progressive, they also won't clear him because they want to protect themselves just in case something awful happens to a big star in a WWE ring that could have been prevented and because they don't really want him on TV anyway because he might gum up the Reigns push somehow. 

I also think they won't clear him because they genuinely do think that he came back before he was ready and went right back to injuring a still-injured head and neck and are doing it partially for Bryan's own good. 

The problem is that they're clearly singling Bryan out, but they let Tommy Dreamer come out and take bumps and have table matches, so even if at least some of their intentions are selfless, they come off as petty and dishonest. 

Really, they should just let him go. Vince wants Bryan around because Bryan is clearly useful with a significant enough part of the fanbase, but he doesn't want to actually put him on TV for a bunch of reasons. It's not like letting Bryan go is going to cause New Japan or RoH to overtake them as a promotion, though. Vince really should let him leave and let the chips fall where they may. 

They should have traded DB to njpw when they signed AJ and company. Throw in some nxt draft picks.

You'd think. Otherwise it's "We'll take Nakamura, AJ, Anderson, and I guess Gallows. You can have CJ Parker.". What a shitty trade for NJ.

Somewhere in Chicagoland a telephone rings, the man pauses to glance at the Caller ID and chuckles. Opening another Pepsi, he turns his attention back to the matter at hand; being super bitter about his very successful former career. The telephone begins to ring again...

Just a minor edit.

Not a chance Dana lets him out of his contract even if he wanted to. And unless they promised him $20 million and the last match on the card, not just an ornamental main event, the last match, he wouldn't do it anyway. Probably.

That's it. Show now has to be moved to American Airlines. And that's only because The Sportatorium is a parking lot now.

I can see it now. Them having that meeting.

Mr. Macmahon this Wrestlemania 7 all over again.

NO NO GODDAMNED IT. THAT SON OF A BITCH JONES PLAYED HARD BALL WITH ME FOR YEARS IN THIS REDNECK STATE TO LET ME USE HIS TOILET OF A STADIUM. I AM NOT MOVING IT NOW. I DON'T CARE IF IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN VON ERICH USED TO USE THE OTHER ONE. I AM NOT MOVING IT. NOW YOU GET THAT SON OF A BITCH DANA WHITE ON THE PHONE AND YOU FIND OUT HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO LET HIM LET THAT RONDA WOMAN BREAK MY LITTLE GIRL'S ARM...sorry Steph. These are tough times.

We can't have "good things" without bad, dammit!

Sasha Banks is reportedly out of action with an undisclosed injury. Her last match came on the December 28th WWE RAW, a win over Becky Lynch.

Holy crap. Bryan can start wearing a fake big and take it off when he pretends to be a Diva, trying to fool the WWE concussion doctor that he's a totally different person. Quick, someone tweet that to him. I'm not sure how it'd help him wrestle Nakamura, but maybe he can wrestle Asuka.

• Like 1

I don't think he has "injuries" so much as repeated concussions, which shows he's more susceptible to inuring more concussions. Which is something WWE certainly does not want happening, considering the Benoit thing and current info and spotlight on concussions.

Crazy idea: Balor is a Royal Rumble entrant and makes it to the final 3 or 4 with Roman. Out comes the Bullet Club doing to Roman like the Nexus did to Cena while HHH watches it all go down. Roman's lifeless body gets dumped over the top rope and Balor lifts up both the NXT and WWE titles.