DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL - WEEK ELEVEN

Gonzo

Manning should take a vacation until the last game of the season, give it a go, and if he's ok, start the playoffs. Seems to make sense to me.

Who's starting QB for the Jets this week? Aren't Fitz and Geno both hurt?

Apparently they are hoping Fitz can play and that it is just a 'pain tolerance' issue. Geno seems to be healthy at the moment.

Doesn't bode well for Pettine, though. Word was McCown was his guy and he'd already made up his mind Manziel was a lost cause. Going with JFF to play out the string had to be a GM/owner mandate. It'll be amusing to see Browns fans get their hopes up over Saban or Payton only to settle on another random assistant.

Manning is going to be a Texan next season since they'll either be out of position to draft a QB or they'll stubbornly continue to not draft a QB early.

Didn't they go hard after Peyton when he was a free agent? Or maybe it was Tennessee. I could've sworn Houston made a hard push for him but he ultimately just thought Denver had a better shot at winning quickly.

And actually, they don't need to draft a QB. Houston reminds me a lot of the Cardinals in that they have a great defense and enough playmakers (Hopkins, Foster when healthy) where they'd be okay with a plug-and-play veteran QB. The problem is they keep going after journeyman with low ceilings. What they should do is take a run at a guy like Stafford or Cutler, somebody who established themselves as starter quality who badly needs a change of scenery.

As I recall, it was Seattle that was real close to landing Manning besides Denver. Worked out OK for Seattle but I think Manning made the wrong choice and should have gone up to Seattle.

Manning is going to be a Texan next season since they'll either be out of position to draft a QB or they'll stubbornly continue to not draft a QB early.

Didn't they go hard after Peyton when he was a free agent? Or maybe it was Tennessee. I could've sworn Houston made a hard push for him but he ultimately just thought Denver had a better shot at winning quickly.

The Titans made a spectacle of going after Manning to the local media. I feel it was just a ploy to get the local marks worked up about them going for a former UT QB. There's no way in hell they were going to pay Manning what Denver did. 

But what do I know, I'm a cynical fucking bastard.